Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

All things Trysil

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We (Mrs Dobbs and I) off to Trysil in mid-March for a week's skiing, staying in an apartment right in the middle of the tourist centre (next to the Radisson Blu). We're both competentish lower intermediates (happy on reds and easy blacks), but probably happiest pootling on mellow blues. We'll probably have a car, so can get about easily. Any do's and don'ts, recommendations re skiing, food, drink, trips out etc. gratefully received. We've been to Norway before, so we realise that booze is expensive Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dobby wrote:
We (Mrs Dobbs and I) off to Trysil in mid-March for a week's skiing, staying in an apartment right in the middle of the tourist centre (next to the Radisson Blu). We're both competentish lower intermediates (happy on reds and easy blacks), but probably happiest pootling on mellow blues. We'll probably have a car, so can get about easily. Any do's and don'ts, recommendations re skiing, food, drink, trips out etc. gratefully received. We've been to Norway before, so we realise that booze is expensive Smile

Near Which Radisson Blu? There are two, on different sides and subtlety named The “Radisson Blu Resort” or the “Radisson Blu Mountain Resort”?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ah the Turistsenteret side rather than the Hoyfjellssenteret side then?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ster, yup. The Turistsenteret side.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@dobby, trip report from a few years ago here including commentary on some of the runs, if you can be bothered to trawl through the wiffle. We stayed on the Hoyfjellssenteret side, so did more there than Turistsenter but I got around pretty much the whole mountain.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 9-02-22 20:38; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We went a few years ago, loved it. The blues down to Turistcenter - 61, 62 are a dream, super happy tree lined beautys. The reds down are quite mellow as well. 13 gets very flat but is nice and even emptier than the rest. There's a restaurant at skthytta which is cosy for lunch. The pub in the centre was quite entertaining for apres. We stayed over at the mountain resort (gorgeous spa), had very good burgers in the pub there. Have fun!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I did a TR a while ago. We stayed in apartment at the Hoyfjellssenteret side, but relevant to your points:

The slopes are not bad in terms of difficulty at all, s.t. snow conditions of course. The reds down to Turistsenteret (77,79,15) are more like blues. Don't go out of your way to go on the greens, they are can be quite flat and inevitably there seems to be a long drag at the bottom. The blacks areound Hogegga aren't too bad either, except 75 at the top, which whilst always closed while we were there looked damn steep. The lift F3 to the top of this is ball-breakingly steep too, but there are other ways down from there as well so worth heading up. All the runs off lift S1 are good.

The night skiing I think is only once a week , we skiied the Turistsenteret side slopes. These were dominated by massive jump ramps and wasnt really worth bothering, just a novelty.

We were close enough to the slopes to get back to the apartment for lunch, so don't know about the warming huts but they sound a good idea. And we never ate out at night as the prices were, like alcohol, eye watering. But do get waffles slopeside. I assume you are self-catering and if you have a car then get your supplies in the town. If they still have the road barriers remember to get a token. The closest supermarket is the REMA 1000, a bit like Asda. The Co-op Mega in the central shoppng centre across the river is a bit bigger and better stocked.

Hope this helps, any questions just ask.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We were there in early Jan this year, stayed in Radisson Blu in Turistcenter.

Snow cover meant all the runs weren't open but that is improving looking at the current status.

What I loved about it was the lack of people. We lapped the blacks 30, 63 and 76 on the T-bar and had a great time and at times we had the entire runs to ourselves.

The red runs up top on the mountain are also good fun, particularly 53 on the Hoyfjellssenteret side.

Just back from 3V in France last week which was busy as usual. Trysil is more limited in terms of km of runs but still great skiing. We repeatedly lapped runs and focussed on technique and having fun!

Would go back!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Me and the kids stayed in the Turistcenter Radisson at Easter a few years ago, all the mountain was open and while busy at the weekend was pretty quiet during the week. The mix of runs should be perfect for you. We tended to go back to the hotel for lunch, getting stuff to make sandwiches and some bits and bobs for snacks from the little supermarket just up from the Radisson meant lunch wasn't stupid expensive. Main problem I had was keeping the kids off the skicross, timed slalom and small and middle sized park runs!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Stayed at both radissons so pretty much skied the whole resort. Cracking place - we’ve been 3 times in fact. Only thing I’d add is don’t rely on the bus back from town. Basically they come if they’re in the mood. A hotelier, seeing our plight at being stranded and not a taxi in sight, took pity on us and drove us back to touristcentre the last time lol. Empty pistes and lovely people - it’s a great resort. Too many drags and t-bars (because of frequent high winds) for my liking to return again though.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy