Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic Hawk Ultra 85 or 95 2022 vs 2020

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

Buying some ski boots. I'm a 50kg, beginner-intermediate with narrow feet. I found the Atomic Hawk Ultra 85 or 95 work well for me. Unfortunately Colin at Solutions for feet doesn't stock an 85 and has very low stock of 95 (which will prob be gone by his next avail appointment). Profeet don't have either in stock in my size either, and so I'm getting them myself and will then get them fitted.

I'm finding the 2020 models to be much cheaper than the 2022 ones. Does anyone know apart from colours etc, what the main differences are?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm assuming from your post that you've not had your feet assessed by either Colin or Profeet. If that's the case how can you be sure that these are the best boots for you and how do you know your size or have you done a shell fit? They'd also recommend the flex as well.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I had issues with my boots when in France last week and was recommended these from the shop.

Today, after finding out that Colin or Profeet don’t have anything for me, I went to S&R and tried the Atomic Hawk Ultra 95.

They didn’t have the 85 and I was told that although the 95 is a good fit, the is 85 is probably going to be better than the 95, but the 95 would last me longer, and that some bolts on the back can be changed to increase the flex of them slightly.

I have found the 85 in EB, so will go in and try them to compare.

But like I said I found a huge difference in the 2020 and 2022 models so wondering if there is a difference before I go in there.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In my last message, In the last sentence, I meant huge price difference.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I wouldn't trust a S&R fitter to put you in the right shell size.

I don't sell boots but from what I can ascertain from a quick look at the Amer B2B site (and after a couple of beers) I'm pretty sure that the difference between the 85 shell and the 95 shell solely be the flex and that the last width/volume/shape etc will be the same. There's no difference between the shell width/volume/shape etc from 2020 to the 2022.

However the 2020 boots have alpine soles and the old model liner. The 2022 boots have the latest GW soles and cantable soles are available for the 95 model but not the 85. The 95 has Atomics latest Mimic liner and the 85 has their lower spec Silver liner but it's still an improvement over the 2020 liners.

Assuming the fit is correct for you then features of the 2022 models are better and the 2022 95 has better features than the 85.

Hopefully Colin will be along soon to correct my errors.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Spyderjon pretty much sums up the differences

85 has a lower flex and cheaper liner, it also misses out on the power shift which means you can't adjust forward lean or make it stiffer in the future
95 has mimic liner and powershift

the old models don't have mimic and have the old shell , the 2022 and onward versions have ultra 2.0 shell which whist the shape is the same internally the external of the shell is changed to make the boot more precise this increased the price a fair chunk as did adding the gripwalk sole pads over the alpine ones
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy