Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski instructor conversion course..

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quick query for the wise hive mind. My daughter has her swiss lvl 1, and her aspirant qualification in Switzerland, but wants to go work in either USA or NZ for a winter. While there seems to be lots of info about how to equate a basi or iasi to the swiss system, there isn't a lot about how to go the other way.... would it be rational for her just to sit an iasi lvl 2 exam somewhere ? She has logged lots of hours teaching, and her skiing lvl is well over iasi lvl2 requirements.. or any other suggestion that isn't giving Warren Smith 9k for a gap yah course...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@coddlesangers, I thought the US system was down to each resort whether to employ someone, why not email one and see if they would accept her current Swiss qualification.

No idea about NZ but maybe try the same thing.

Has she considered Canada? Particularly as she presumably speaks French.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Canada is very much an option, she's in fact able to apply for a Canadian passport as her mother is Canadian by birth. She's looking into all options, it's for next year really so plenty of time to line her ducks up.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If she has a Canadian passport, a ski instructing qualification and experience, finding a job there won't be a problem.

Visas are an issue in the US, they only really sponsor L3/4.

NZ, apply and see what they say, it's a bit more competitive down there so a higher level cert might help.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks @jimmer, didn't know that about the US. Does seem Canada is the likely easy win, will just need to line up appropriate qualification, I think she'd be able to get to L3 equivalent by the time she goes or just use her swiss qualification. Good challenge to set to get a transferable qualification in time to go
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hey @coddlesangers, can I ask why she wants/needs to do a conversion?

The swiss qualification is extremely well respected, and generally well accepted around the world. I would recommend she continue in the swiss system and eventually aims towards the Brevet Federal, which also hold ISIA card status.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@skifluff, Essentially just time.. it'll take her a minimum of 3-4 years to get her brevet, she can likely get an iasi level 3 qualification much faster. There are less swiss levels, basically it goes aspirant/instructor/professional (brevet) .. versus iasi 1-4. The brevet is a fairly ridiculously arduous task, requiring a huge commitment, and she wants to do this the year after next as a post graduation year away.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy