Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arc - which Ski Pass?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're off to Les Arc for the first time in March and wondering what level of ski pass to get.
There is Classic, Essential, and Premium. We're thinking either Classic or Essential.
It seems the main benefit of the Essential is it gets you unlimited access to La Plagne; unlimited access to Priority lanes at certain lifts; 50% off the Aiguille Rouge fast track.
We're going for 10 days so the difference in price for the two of us would be an additional £116 for the Essential.
Does anyone have experience of these two different passes, and what would you recommend?
Wondering if the Essential is worth the extra.
many thanks
John
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Considering I spend a few weeks each season in Les Arcs (suffiecient to make a season pass a good buy) I rarely go across to La Plagne. Even so for the Christmas and New Year fortnight I buy the Essentials pass for access to the priority lanes. I have not payed the queue jumping excess for the AR telepherique and from I can see no one does since you have to book your slot in advance. I have used the discount on the Rodeo luge track but that is not a good reason to buy the essentials pass. I have not used the zip wire.

Once the school holidays are over in March the priority lanes are quietly abandoned.

I can think of no reason to buy the premium pass.

My personal advice therefore is to stick to the classics pass. If you are staying in Vallandry looking at the Vanoise express every day then the Essentials pass may prove better.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@johnE, brilliant, thanks John. Thought all of that might be the case
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy