Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski School - Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am off to Val Thorens next season (March 2023) with family. 8 adults all range from ok to excellent skiers and then we have 3 children with us who have never skied. My daughter will have just turned 5, my son will have just turned 10 and my nephew will be almost 7. Looking at ski schools and really not sure - ESF is what springs to mind first but then I have heard that they have massive groups. Any recomendations of ski school for total beginers in Val Thorens? I think that they will all really love it when they get going but sure they will be a bit nervous to start with.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maybe look at BASS or Oxygene

https://www.britishalpine.com/val-thorens

https://www.oxygene.ski/val-thorens-ski-school/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I heard some horror stories with ESF - very large classes and not great. The childcare I have also heard is not ideal.

My two have done two weeks in Val thorens.

First was with prosneige - they were good kids stayed for lunch and were taken to the play area a number of times - looked over at lunch if you wanted. Classes were quite big though and whilst they coped I think they would have progressed in smaller classes.

Second week was with New Gen - they were very good even in the bad weather. Small classes and good teachers.

Oxygene ski has got good reviews but their meeting point awkward for us - needed to get the carpet lift and ski down or walk across the piste so be weary of this one.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Oxygene ski has got good reviews but their meeting point awkward for us - needed to get the carpet lift and ski down or walk across the piste so be weary of this one.

Good advice. Perhaps the most important thing with ski lessons for absolute beginner kids is ease of getting them to and from the meeting place. If they (and you) are frazzled to start with, you're lost.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd also say avoid ESF. Classes too big and though they swear blind the instructors speak English, if there are any french children in the class they revert to that and only give brief explanations in English (at least this was my experience in la Plagne and Samoens). I've got my daughters booked in with Oxygene in April, they were super helpful on the email before hand and classes are taught in English. I have heard good things about Evolution too.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I used New Generation and they were excellent.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Prosneige in Val Thorens did well for my teenage children and my wife, over 2-3 years. Class sizes were not very large, maybe 6-8.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy