Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Adjusting bindings for boot lenght

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, first time poster. I had my bindings set up for 305mm boots last year by my local ski shop. I now have 315mm boots and adjusted the bindings so they fit. Do I need to adjust the DIN settings also if they were set for me last year?

Thanks!

Nick
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not DIN, but check the forward pressure setting.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Banks, welcome to Snowheads! The forward pressure setting varies from binding to binding, so if you don't have the details to hand you'll need to use your Google skills to find an online manual, or post the details of the binding and someone here may be able to help. The DIN setting is an adjustment for how much force is needed to overcome the release setting of the binding, but all of that goes out of the window if the bindings are set to the wrong length or they are out of specification.

The forward pressure is usually indicated by arrows or marks on the binding, or on adjustment screws - see this video for an example

http://youtube.com/v/FH5BdOWj4mw
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy