Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sauze/Via Lattea now

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Day 3 of my 6th trip to Sauze, thought I'd give a quick update on conditions. Well, I've never seen so little snow Very Happy

The pistes are holding up pretty well despite the great swathes of brown on either side. Some slippery patches and some (avoidable) outright bare bits, a few closed runs but plenty of on-piste skiing available.

Yesterday I made the trip over to Montgenevre for the first time as I'm here for longer than usual. As expected, there was a good deal of lift-sitting (approximately 45 minutes from getting onto the gondola at the bottom of Sansicario to the first run in Claviere). I got to the first French lift (extra pass required) at 11 having set off on first lift from Clotes at 9. Really enjoyed the skiing over on that side and I would definitely recommend the trip for scenery and variety if you are here for a week, especially on a sunny day which adds a scenic element to the lift journeys. I played it safe on return, getting off the Rocher D'Aigle lift at about 13.30 and making the crucial connection on the drags out of Sansicario with 40 mintutes to spare, after a brief drink stop and 1 extra run in Claviere on the way back. I ski fast, but that's largely irrelevant on that journey as most of the time is spent on lifts. In current conditions there was a short walk to/from the gondola on the Sansicario side as it's below the snow line, and there's an additional downhill lift required leaving Claviere for the same reason.

Today I went over to Sestriere - the link is completely unskiable so gondola down from the top. Otherwise good skiing over there if you like hard packed pistes.

Covid-wise, there are very few restrictions. FFP2 masks are required on gondolas but mask wearing is neither enforced nor commonplace on other lifts.

Bars seem quieter than usual - I've only seen one live music act on - but still plenty of people out and about.

It's great to be back!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for the update. We are heading out on Sunday and really worried about the conditions. Does look like maybe a bit of snow in the forecast so fingers crossed. Enjoy and keep us updated x
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the update - heading out on 13th for what will be our 10th trip after a 2 year Covid enforced gap. Is Gran Pista open do you know ?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It was open to the mid station of the Jouvenceaux lift on Friday, I haven't been that way in the last couple of days. Today everything is shut above Sportinia so far because of wind.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sorry I've realised I was thinking of the wrong run - Gran Pista was open today but only to the Sportinia lift, you can't cut across to Jouvenceaux. The whole Jouvenceaux run and lift was closed today.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks. Fingers crossed for some snow.... starting to look like skiing in Scotland Shocked
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy