Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Menuires /3Valleys Covid

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Due to fly out to Lyon of the start of March, struggling to get my head around the required for covid in the resorts. The UK gov website is pretty confusing for me simple mind.

I saw on the 3valleys we need a special 3valleys mask, are these easily available in the resort as would rather not waste on postage and packaging.

It mentions about being 4 months for the 2nd vaccine but some of our boosters will be 4 months by March.

Thanks

Jason
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You need a Pass Vaccinal to access lifts, restaurants at the moment, for which you need to be double jabbed and have been boosted if your second jab was more than 4 months ago (7 months up to 15th Feb).

Face coverings are currently required on ski lifts, lift queues etc. This can be any face covering but is meant to meet AFNOR spec s76-001. All surgical masks, FFP2 and some buffs sold in ski resorts will meet this. Standard buffs don't generally meet this standard, but reports are that many people are wearing them. There's a thread on this here, including a suggestion it will change soon:

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4923345&highlight=masks#4923345
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You don't need to have one of their masks. Any decent mask will do, but I do actually like the integral ones. Much easier to use. If you boosted within 4 months you are fine (7 month limit IIRC)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I’ve been there in Jan and tbh most were wearing standard buffs. We had the 3 valleys ones. They were also wearing surgical blue masks. But I understood that for lifts the mask wearing has been removed

In terms of vaccines if you are boosted you are ok. Needed to show QR codes in all restaurants and 4 or 5 times they were checked on lifts.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can anyone confirm what the "PASS VACCINAL" actually is? Is it just the downloaded NHS Digital/PDF COVID pass showing 3D barcodes for each vacination etc?
Or is there an actual French APP/form???
I find it confusing as I have seen stories about the NHS documemnts I mention above being disregarded. But when I try and follow the links to French government websits there is nothing there about how to present or get the "PASS VACCINAL".
Crying or Very sad
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Butch_Norton, your NHS QR codes are all you need. It's the booster one that will be scanned.

Some more info here:
https://uk.ambafrance.org/Vaccine-pass-in-France
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great thank you!!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just got back room Les Menuires,
Getting out I needed the 'fit-to-fly' test 24hours before departure time, This was sent to the tunnel operator,
mine did not have a barcode and flagged me as requiring manual checking, in reality it caused no delay.

To get the French 2d barcode we used the French 'anticovid' phone app. this recognised the barcodes on our UK vaccine certificates.
The app has a button which displays the French barcode, the barcode can then be shared with email for printing paper copies.

Most people were using the FFP1 paper masks in the queues, but many were using just buffs.
They were checking for the French covid pass barcode in the big lift queues, especially in the morning.

Getting back was straightforward
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Once you’ve had the booster, you’re good to go for the passe vaccinal. There is not a requirement for a 4th jab/further booster at the moment, no matter when you had your booster.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was looking at the declaration do i need to do a test on arrival or before departure or both?

'I hereby agree on my honour to take an antigen test or biological examination on arrival in metropolitan France (traveller aged above 12 years').'
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jason.peter1986 wrote:
I was looking at the declaration do i need to do a test on arrival or before departure or both?

'I hereby agree on my honour to take an antigen test or biological examination on arrival in metropolitan France (traveller aged above 12 years').'

It might be worth having a read of the entry requirements and also the requirements for when you're in France:

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/coronavirus

(I believe the words on the declaration are you agreeing to be tested, should the French choose to do so.)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
BitTwisted wrote:
To get the French 2d barcode we used the French 'anticovid' phone app. this recognised the barcodes on our UK vaccine certificates.
The app has a button which displays the French barcode, the barcode can then be shared with email for printing paper copies.

There is no need to get a French barcode. The NHS ones works fine. (Some people choose to upload their NHS barcodes into the Tout Anticovid app, but there's no requirement to have a French barcode.)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy