Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Britain's next snow dome?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
There must have been 100 snowdome proposals in the UK over the past decade, and only three have been built to date, but this one looks as if it will be the next:

It will be Xscape's third complex, after Milton Keynes and Castleford - and Scotland's first - to be built near Glasgow at Braehead (about 5 miles from the city centre).

Here's a report from ic Renfrewshire.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A possibility for snowheads meet in 2006?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A bit early to be sure it will be built. The London one at Beckton got as far as building the foundations and then went bust. A new company is currently trying to get it off (above) the ground again.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ironically it may not be such good news for Glencoe, with which it will presumably compete.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Peter S, I'd have thought it would have helped. Get local people interested in snowsports, and give "tourists" an alternative for when there's no real snow.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Peter. Nothing can compete with Glencoe. When I was up there in early February the place was its usual magic mixture of eccentricity and drama.

After a coffee in the Plateau Chateau I proceeded (with two others of good humour) to the Cliffhanger chairlift. There wasn't much snow on the plateau, so the poma was off, but the management were kindly providing Argo transport (this is roughly what it looked like) to the Cliffy*.

To our astonishment, out popped a group of French skiers, all kitted up and raring to ride the Cliffy. To shouts of 'Allez' and much Franco-Britannic cheer, off they went to ski the only run open.

* The Cliffy is one of the world's few surviving single chairlifts.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sat 12-06-04 0:00; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There are a few in pamporovo bulgaria - saw them in action this season - looked a bit like the chairs you used to get at school - but attached to steel cable!!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
it will open. Brighams have already signed the deal to take on 3 units within the complex. it is planned to open in around 16 months time now...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Welcome to snowHeads JonL, and tks for the input.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
David Goldsmith wrote:

* The Cliffy is one of the world's few surviving single chairlifts.

no it's not.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Think I have sit on one somewhere in Austria in places like either St Johann in Tirol or Alpbach. Also the Cairnwell/Tiger chairlift in Glenshee seem to have only one passenger. My memory tells me Glenshee has only two chairlifts, as I hate drag lifts. The other one is Sunniside which is a twin seater.

The Cairnwell/Tiger stood out because I have been up only once in a foggy day where visibility was only a few metres. Remember waiting at the lift top (wooden hut) for the wife to calm her down to try the Scottish black.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Further news on Xscape's next snowdome: the proposed £500 million Renfrew Riverside project, which will include Scotland's first snowdome, was unveiled this week. This would be Xscape's third project, after Milton Keynes and Castleford.

This report from Scottish TV has a photo of the plan model, and links to a short TV news report on the project.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy