Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Second Hand Kit - Scotland

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, anyone know of anywhere that sells 2nd hand kit? We are in Argyll. Usually head to Banks in Perth but they don't have much in stock and not sure that long journey is worth it to come home empty handed. Was hoping there might be somewhere in either Glasgow or maybe Fort William/Nevis/Glencoe area. TIA
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@trmacc, What are you looking for? I am others here might have something that works for you!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I need boots for my daughters but they really need to go somewhere to get them properly fitted due to weird high arches and very narrow width! I have bought unseen quite successfully before, but they are getting to an age/level where I think we should be getting them properly fitted. Thanks
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
But as they are still growing, not ready to buy new boots if possible!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've got a pair of x-max 90 ladies boots in pretty much perfect condition. They are in a 24.0 mondo and are a narrow fitting boot with full custom 3d heat mouldable shell and inners. You'd need to get the moulding done, but it's a great starting point. You'll probably need footbeds done too, or go for an off the shelf pair as my wife took hers to the next boots.
She didn't like them as she preferred boots with a walk mode.....

Pm me for more info if these are any good?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@trmacc,

Can't help you I'm afraid.
I don't want to be pessimistic but the one shop that I know that used to stock used kids gear (Ski Bartlett) has stopped. They told me that ebay had just made it redundant.
I'd be inclined to take a punt on some ebay boots, reselling them if wrong and may be get some custom insoles made if you need them
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@trmacc, I was in Banks a couple of weeks ago, they did say they did not have much stock of kids boots. But when I asked if it was worthwhile bringing in the redundant kids boots we have lying around (all bought new from Banks), they said not interested right now. Maybe if the weather changes.

Frankly I think this is very short sighted. They were always the place to go for second hand stuff, and that will have generated quite a bit of footfall where people would also have picked up other bits and pieces. And also I have not been that impressed with the boot fitting and follow up with skis and bindings recently. I am going in to have a chat with them this weekend as I value having a ski shop quite local, and our average spend is probably £1k-2k a season. But the expertise and service I get is nothing like the insights I can get here and the help of for example Spygerjon and CEM. An independent ski shop needs to excel on those things to thrive, and being THE place for boot fitting and kids gear is the lifeblood.

Let me know what sizes you are looking for and I will see what I have lying about. We have 4 kids so have tended to buy quality gear. Happy for you to have whatever if you pay the postage, and send back what you don't want. If some bits work out for you might be nice to drop something to a charity, but I would rather see the kit go to a good home than languish under the bed so not bothered about being paid for it lol
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oh one other thought - ski hire shops, find something that works on their hire racks then ask if you can buy them
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Roguevfr, Thank you, that is kind too small.
@zikomo, also very kind and if you had anything, paying for postage and a donation to a charity would be amazing. We are looking at 26.5 mondo for them both - big feet I know!
Yes, I feel a bit the same about Banks. About 12 years ago we started going each season to kit out the kids and it was really good to start with but we've found in recent years that they've had less and less stock (and as you experienced not been keen to take our old kit back in).

THANKS ALL
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have a look at Greaves. They sometimes have kit at silly prices. Also blues.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@trmacc, Ok will have a look at what we have today.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The Glenshee hire shop have been putting a load of ex-hire kit on FB marketplace recently, they might have some stuff.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@zikomo thank you so much.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yeah was about suggest joining the FB groups for ski gear as that is a good source. Most of the major shops don’t carry huge amounts of kids gear now but Blues in Edi had a lot of reduced kids gear as I got skis. You’ll need to probably do a bit of self fitting I’m afraid
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There’s a lady called Agnes (possibly Dalrimple, but don’t quote me on that) on Skibay (a FB group) who advertised a stack of very lightly used ex hire boots very recently.
latest report
Might be worth a call to Snow Sports Services in Edinburgh, Kevin usually has a host of ex hire stuff as well.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy