Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

24 hr France testing change ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just had an alert to say France had changed entry requirements.
On looking I can't see anything other than maybe the time between taking a lateral flow and departure has changed to 48 hrs.
If it had that will be a massive help

If you‘re fully vaccinated
If you’re planning to travel to France you should consult the French government guidance.

From 14 January 2022, fully vaccinated (see ‘Vaccination status’ below) travellers from the UK must:

Present a negative PCR or antigen test result taken within 48 hours pre-departure if aged 12 years and over
Provide a completed ‘sworn statement’ (déclaration sur l’honneur) form self-certifying you’re not suffering from symptoms associated with coronavirus and have not been in contact with confirmed cases in the preceding fortnight. This can be found on the French government’s website

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 4-02-22 17:18; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Would provide a little more leeway if that's the case

Still hoping that by mid-March, when we are due to go, they drop it completely!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's right France entry test within 48 hours from 24 hours.

We leave very early on 18th and to say I'm anxious is a massive understatement kids schools are riddled with it wife and I had third jab mid December and infection mid November so hoping we're still protected for a few more weeks yet after the 26th happy to get it a further 2 or 3 times prior to summer holiday just not before.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks like they've dropped the special "to-from UK" requirement, and UK now falls under Amber/Orange rules
https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel#from4
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The sworn statement only differs in that yesterday it stated United Kingdom at the top of the form and today it states From Orange List Countries. All other wording is identical. Surely it won't matter if I present yesterdays version?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Love the fact that link describes the EU as "no active circulation of the virus is observed" - they're really not looking very hard are they Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
halfhand wrote:
The sworn statement only differs in that yesterday it stated United Kingdom at the top of the form and today it states From Orange List Countries. All other wording is identical. Surely it won't matter if I present yesterdays version?

This is the bit I'd like them to get rid of. The testing bit doesn't worry me, as it's straightforward and reducing the number of people traveling who are currently infectious seems sensible to me. The form, however, appears to add little if vaccinated contacts of a positive case aren't required to isolate (although maybe they still are in France - as a minimum reducing the 14 days down to the same as the isolation period would make sense to me.)
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Further confusion. Being 2 x vax + booster, do I need the statement for Green List or Orange List? I assumed Orange List because my point of departure is UK rather than CH, which is on Green List.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boris wrote:
Love the fact that link describes the EU as "no active circulation of the virus is observed" - they're really not looking very hard are they Laughing

Yes, they also describe Japan and South Korea as "Countries or territories where no active circulation of the virus is observed"

Both are currently in the middle of a massive Omicron outbreak...

However, China, which genuinely has very few COVID cases due to very strict lockdown policies, is Orange? rolling eyes
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@bert7cosby, could you edit the title of this thread please to make it clear that it's about entry into France? I wouldn't want it to cause confusion to the many Snowheads going skiing in others countries snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy