Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Does anyone know what is happening with the Wycombe slope?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm planning to move to Wycombe in the next couple of months and I wondered if anyone knows what is happening following the fire there?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From their website ....

PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO A MAJOR FIRE WYCOMBE SUMMIT IS UNFORTUNATELY CLOSED FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE.

IT IS OUR INTENTION TO RE-DEVELOP THE SITE IN DUE COURSE WITH A NEW AND IMPROVED FACILITY BUT THIS IS MANY MONTHS AWAY. PLEASE REVISIT THIS SITE FOR ANY UPDATES THAT WE MAY HAVE REGARDING THE FUTURE PLANNING APPLICATION. IN THE MEANTIME IF YOU ARE ITCHING TO GET SKIING OR BOARDING THEN YOU CAN ALWAYS VISIT THE REAL SNOW SLOPES OF THE SNOWDOME IN TAMWORTH - tel: 08705 000011 or visit www.snowdome.co.uk
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I understand that they are pursuing their aim of converting it to a Snowdome and that original plans to re open with temporary buildings have been shelved.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kevinrhead, Sounds to me like that is going to take a long time!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Move to Gloucester instead - our slope's still in full working nick (buildings and all!) Very Happy

And we've got a better rugby team...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Very sad. Like Beckton (former dry slope in the East End of London) the site will probably sit unused for years while the planners discuss and the financiers deal.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Was reading something yesterday that said they were already considering changing to an indoor snow slope and that the plans were already being considered. The site is owned by the same people that own Tamworth Snowdome and they had been looking into the possibility for a while.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, I have also heard that the plan to convert to a snowdome had been in discussions since long before the fire.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stocky, That seems odd though. If thats the case why didn't they do that in the first place? I hope they do something soon, the South East is severely lacking in slopes at the moment.

I'm fortunate at the moment because I live 30 mins from the MK snowdome, but that will be a bit further away when I move to High Wycombe. Sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kosciosco wrote:
the South East is severely lacking in slopes at the moment.

Puzzled

Aldershot
Bassingbourne (Royston)
Bracknell
Bowles (Tunbridge Wells)
Brentwood
Bromley
Chatham
Christchurch
Folkestone (short)
Guildford (v short)
Hemel Hempstead
Knockhatch (yep news to me too, just North of Eastbourne)
Newhaven (v short)
Sandown Park (shortish)
Southampton - 2 separate centres
Welwyn

... and MK

OK so all South or East of you, but that's a reasonable number in the South East.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
GrahamN, Newhaven is no more......and anyway it was very small, and inside !
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kosciosco, I think whilst all was running ok at Wycombe I think they were happy to keep things as they were. I know that there will probably be a bit of a ruckus if the plans are pushed ahead as I don't think the locals around the slope would be too keen for a huge complex to be built in the pretty countryside.

When I was working at the Summit we had quite a few complaints from the locals about the volume of the music and the lights and such. I once did a sponsored charity event there and wanted to do a 24 hour ski on the slope but it was knocked back because they didn't want the lights on through the night.

I can just see the barrel load of complaints they will get if they attempt to carve out the hillside to erect a new Snowdome.

Some people just don't get it do they? wink snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Yes, I have also heard that the plan to convert to a snowdome had been in discussions since long before the fire.

Quote:

If thats the case why didn't they do that in the first place?

The initial planning application had been turned down by the council.

A cynic might allegedly say that the fire was a good thing in submitting the plans again second time around. Allegedly.
Shocked
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
GrahamN, Well I consider Milton Keynes Snow dome to be a quality place, OK, it has its problems, but it is a good set up. I thought that the Wycombe Summit looked good in terms of the length and the size, but Bracknell is pretty pathetic last I saw and I think Welwyn is too - those are the ones I know.

so when I say severely lacking, I mean in terms of good quality places, I am not aware of any snow domes south of MK.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I believe the Wycombe race team currently train at Hemel but there were plans to also change that slope to a Snowdome.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy