Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving via rotterdam to Italy .. Covid rules?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am hoping to drive to the Dolomites going via NSF to Rotterdam and havng an overnight stop in Germany .....anyone done this ..Not bothered about the drive done it many times, but what are the restrictions re Covid..what tests do I need what forms to fill in???
Puzzled Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@DaveD, cant help with the Dutch rules, though I believe if you are driving through then no issues. For Germany it would be best to have had 3 shots. Two shots is enough to be considered "fully vaccinated" for entry to the country but many places like hotels and bars require what is called 2G+ (which is either 3 shots or 2 shots plus a recent test). You will need to fill in https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de/#/ and upload your vaccine cert after filling in the form (there is a separate code sent to your phone). Use your hotel as the address ( valid post code is important). Get an app like Corona Warn or similar (most countries have a version, Italy certainly does), scan in your certificate. Many places will check not just the certificate but also photo id, even the service station restaurants. Get ffp2 masks, not required in all parts of Germany, but where they are it causes grief if you dont have them, Austria too. If for some reason you need a test there are free (they are in Bavaria I believe other places too) testing spots everywhere, they give out certificates. There should be no issue at all driving through Austria or into Italy. Cant help with the Italian rules but if you have the above it will be very similar.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
From reading the (UK) foreign office travel advice today (https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/netherlands/entry-requirements), 2 doses will get you into the Netherlands at the moment but then you’ll need to do 10 days’ quarantine….
Guess it depends on when you’re goig and whether they’ve changed their rules by then.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@KNoceros, reports here from others who have done this say there is an exception of up to 12 hours for transit, I dont have the link though. I assume you will need some evidence, like a hotel booking, to show you dont intend to remain in Holland
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks for all that folks ....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
do you need to fill in https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de/#/ if you only passing through Germany????
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@MontyMM, if you are staying in a hotel yes. If only driving through probably not (the chances anyone official will check it are not far from zero). If you arrive by plane a number of the airlines seem to insist on it whether it is really needed or not.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Found this on the Dutch immigration authority website ( https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/visiting-the-netherlands-from-abroad/checklist-transit-or-short-stay ) in regard to the 12 hour exemption:

“Please note that this exemption does not apply if you enter the Netherlands via commercial transportation (such as plane, ferry or bus service) and continue your journey via car or motorcycle.”

Now whether they enforce this or not is a different matter…..

We were looking at NL to Austria via Germany in early March but have decided to stick to F - Ger -Au instead.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
well you have decided me ...dover /calais ..and a stop in Karlruhe
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Unless it's been changed recently I have sailed into Rotterdam and then driven onward several times since Covid. Last time was Oct'21.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
family members (adults)drove to switz lft to get into holland triple jabbed 48hr adults no problem transiting holland germany or entry to switz .Since then mid jan austria have im led to believe reduced the req to be tested but still need triple vacs .we are travelling out end of feb and as far as im aware this one lft gets you into austria ,italy iI dont know, amI correct in my interpretation?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Like @midgetbiker we had no problems travelling via Rotterdam in October. At that point, while the headline was that you needed to fill in a quarantine declaration showing where you intended to isolate until you had a negative day 5 test, the small print said that you didn't need to if they were fully vaccinated and had documents to prove that.

However with the arrival of Omicron it looked as if the various European countries were back to each having different rules, and when we drove to the Alps once France was open we opted to do the tedious trip to Folkestone for the tunnel.

I did think I had seen something implying Holland had relaxed its rules again, so that route may be feasible next time.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DFDS state that no issue for those with 3 jabs and a test, which seems to be the same as France https://www.dfds.com/en-gb/passenger-ferries/corona-virus/updates/amsterdam-newcastle
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy