Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which App? (Vaccination records, PCR Results, etc)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Are fellow skiers and boarders using a particular App to store vaccination records and PCR test results?

I'm looking for an App that can be used quickly and conveniently in Austria over half term, so that my paper-copies can be kept as a backup.

What do you recommend? Thank you!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We used Adobe Acrobat, saving to our phones rather than the cloud. We also had printed copies for the airport.

I put a copy of the vacc QR code into a credit card sized clear plastic wallet to scan at lifts/ restaurants (kept in coat pocket). The last worked very well whilst all around us faffed with phones at lifts.

I should add we skied in Italy not Austria but I’m guessing these methods would transfer to a different country ok?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
take screenshot
Set as Wallpaper.

I pick up my phone, the screen comes on. QR code is there to scan.
I dont have to press a button or tap the screen or remove a glove.

Pishimples.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mr.Egg wrote:
take screenshot
Set as Wallpaper.

I pick up my phone, the screen comes on. QR code is there to scan.
I dont have to press a button or tap the screen or remove a glove.

Pishimples.

+1
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chuckles3 wrote:
I put a copy of the vacc QR code into a credit card sized clear plastic wallet to scan at lifts/ restaurants (kept in coat pocket). The last worked very well whilst all around us faffed with phones at lifts.

I should add we skied in Italy not Austria but I’m guessing these methods would transfer to a different country ok?

Brilliant idea! Have ordered this from Amazon should do the job.

Wisdompro 10pcs Medicare Card Holder Protector Sleeves, 6 Mil Soft and Flexible Clear PVC Wallet Size Slot for NHS Vaccination Card, Social Security Card, Insurance Card, Credit Card,Driver's License
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@zikomo, +2 Any solution which obviates the need even to take my phone out of my pocket is preferable for me.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Hurtle, this looks like a job for your laminator wink It's good to know that this method is acceptable in Italy - it was accepted in restaurants in France, and for Switzerland, I had a laminated printout of my passport page on one side with my QR code on the other as they always asked for ID with the QR code.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Hurtle, @motyl, Cheaper than getting a laminator!

Will probably have my driving license on one side the the QR code on the other. Not sure of the solution for the kids, will have to think about that.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chuckles3 wrote:
We used Adobe Acrobat, saving to our phones rather than the cloud. We also had printed copies for the airport.

I got these in preparation for my austria trip before it was cancelled.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N1ZACCN/?tag=amz07b-21 & can be scanned absolutely fine when I tested.
Passport size, so you can fold your printout to have all your info both sides.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@motyl, We were never asked for ID but kept the bit with our names etc folded over on the other side in the clear holder & carried photocopies of our passports, just in case.

I just didn’t trust myself not to drop my phone or my passport at the wrong moment rolling eyes
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chuckles3 wrote:
I just didn’t trust myself not to drop my phone or my passport at the wrong moment rolling eyes
Exactly. And I faff enough as it is Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
zikomo wrote:
@Hurtle, @motyl, Cheaper than getting a laminator!

Will probably have my driving license on one side the the QR code on the other. Not sure of the solution for the kids, will have to think about that.

Something like this in kids size
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08V8H9211/?th=1&tag=amz07b-21
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Did you guys take a photo of your booster vaccine QR code for the cards/screen background?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yeap - booster qr code. I’ve made laminated credit card size cards of our booster code on one side and driving licence on the other side for myself and husband. Double jabbed 13 tear old has both codes scanned. Got a nice green tick when I tested our codes yesterday with Verifica C19 Smile

Genius idea to save the code as wallpaper. Wonder if that will work on my watch….
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I used my apple wallet which was so much easier but also took screen shots and paper copy just incase. Most of my friends also used screenshots and saved in a separate folder rather than go through all your photos to find the screenshot. Paper copies can be a bit troublesome to scan I heard from other people…

I also took a photo of my passport and driving license to show for my ID as I didn’t trust myself to carry them around the mountain while boarding but never really got asked to show it.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy