Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

13 Year Old - 2nd Vaccination

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi.

We're off to France next Friday 11th and yesterday my 13 year old son got his second jab. All good, or so I thought.

The NHS are able to provide a letter to confirm his vaccination status, but looking at their timings, they ask us to wait 5 days before applying and a further 7 days to receive the letter. rolling eyes We applied for it today and hope that it arrives on time. Does anyone have any experience of this as to their actual turnaround times?

If it doesn't arrive, can anyone tell me what our alternative are? We have receipts of the vaccinations so can prove that it's been done, but doubt that will carry much weight. I was wondering if we would be able to go to a pharmacy who would approve it there, or something similar???

The only other hoop we have to jump through is the pre-departure test. I'm planning on using C-19 for the test, but concerned about the turnaround time due to half term. Has anyone used C-19 and can confirm their level of service?

Thanks for any responses.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@DaveyBoy76, I believe as of the 3rd Feb we SHOULD be able to get generated it directly online.

Also given they are 13 they should be allowed to install the NHS app and they should be able to use that as well.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Children aged 12-15 in England will be able to prove their vaccination status or proof of prior infection via a digital NHS COVID Pass from 3 February for outbound travel,
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have always found c19 pretty fast, max turnaround a couple of hours for LFT uploaded on Christmas Day evening (although they advised to allow 12 hours I think).
Agree with @NickyJ above on travel app. Yet to be tested of course!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@DaveyBoy76, You should be ok!

From tomorrow, 3rd Feb, your teenager will be able to get a digital Covid Pass if in England. You can already do so in Scotland. Not sure about Wales but I think so.

Also - I would call and ask for the letter right now. Most vaccinations are updated to the record system very quickly and you may find it is already showing and they can process your request already.

There are a couple of threads about pre-departure testing suppliers (one started by me). Use the search function and you should be able to find it, plenty of people have added their experiences.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Phew - That sounds like a result. We tried the app the other day and it didn't work (obviously) but I hadn't heard about the change in age. Let's hope that doesn't get delayed!

Thanks for the C-19 review. The look around the cheapest and I'm just hoping that half term doesn't choke their system.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just to give an idea about timings. My 14yo got her second jab on Tues 18th Jan, one day earlier than the 84 day interval. I applied for the letter the following Monday 24th. It arrived 3 or 4 days later dated Wed 26th Jan. It has two QR codes, one for each jab, with a 30 day validity,plus details of the vaccinations administered.

Might be unnecessary if 12-15s will be able to get the QR codes on the NHS app from tomorrow, but I wanted it in the bag for HT. I booked the flights the evening it arrived! snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy