Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski films - life story of Bill Johnson

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Warner Bros are to film the life story of controversial American ski racer Johnson.

An anaesthetised version of his life to date was filmed shortly after his Olympic downhill victory in 1984, but this one should hopefully reveal the true Bill Johnson, warts 'n all.

Ideal subject for a film - arrogant, controversial, a winner, lost all his money, tried a comeback, huge crash, coma, memory loss (chunks of his life remain a blank), continued poor health and major side-effects from brain injury, the fightback...

Depends how 'Hollywood' it is, but I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I've written a short article here on MSS.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You missed out the loss of a child and the divorce. Really, a life of ups and downs. In his prime he was also a very clever and witty guy, although he often used his razor-sharp wit in a harmful manner.

He hung out with us quite a bit, and got on best with Nigel Smith - the two were quite similar characters, in a very complex way.

Anyone who wants to help support Bill now can do so here:
http://www.billjohnsonverticalchallenge.org/
Funds raised go to other survivors of brain injury.

Bill is also a beneficiary of the foundation run by Franz Klammer (ironically, the man who once called Bill a "nosepicker"):
http://www.franzklammerfoundation.com/foundation.asp?r=sportler
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The bit about being arrested for drink driving - among others no doubt, that will be a particularly poignant part of the film for me. I've seen a brain-injured person's reaction, having been stopped by the police for being drunk and disorderly. She was making her way through Folkestone town centre at the time, completely sober. It was an utterly humiliating experience for her, something she never really got over. The first and not the last time, too, after her accident.

Thanks for those links Martin Bell, I'll add them to the article.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy