Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone up for.....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all. Anyone interested in joining a (nearly) pensionable bloke on a week/10 days to the Alps, driving down (Discovery on snow tyres) sometime between Feb 9th and April 10th? Nothing booked yet, but ideally would make up a group of 4 and split costs. I am entirely free through this period, so can take an easy journey with overnight stops, or do the big burn and stick at a week. Not fussed about which country, or type of accomodation etc, just want to get back on skis. Am only an average piste skier, but happy enough up to most reds, and usually back to the odd black by day 5 Madeye-Smiley . Not so fit as I was 3 years ago, but still can do the full day although might be more blues than previous years! Based very close to Luton airport & M1, so easy links. Only criteria is - Non smokers!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Progress on this..... Now looking like 2 so far, and timing either 4/5th or 11/12th March.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
70yo cruiser but, after regaining ski legs, happy on most reds (before pandemic!!) Like to go 12th or 19th March. 3V addict but will try anything with plenty of variety. Live inEast Mids.
cruisermids
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@cruisermids, currently have just assembled a foursome, but will message you, as we are in the early stages so may have a non-starter once we start fining down details. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Eh oh!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Any room left in the Discovery for one more?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think this thread and the posts is Snowheads at its best....

Fancy this?
Yep.
OK...let's do it...

Excellent.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@tonyfo, Currently got a foursome, but it may still change if dates don't work for all four.... watch this space!

@valais2, Great, ain't it! Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@tonyfo, Not really got room in the discovery, but have a spare room in the appt, also could pick up & drop off a Gva if you flew down? Passing the airport Sat 12th earlyish, back sat 19th also early. Destination Les Gets
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Perdrix wrote:
@tonyfo, Not really got room in the discovery, but have a spare room in the appt, also could pick up & drop off a Gva if you flew down? Passing the airport Sat 12th earlyish, back sat 19th also early. Destination Les Gets

What a nice offer. Remind me of the dates again please?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@tonyfo, lol...... on a shared cost basis - we ain't that nice! We should be passing through Geneval on Sat March 12th, as we are overnighting just outside the city for an early start. Coould squeeze you in the motor for the hour or so it takes to get to L/G, but 10 hours for the full trip would be unkind to all concerned! Shocked
Return trip is Sat 19th, aiming to leave L/G at 8a.m. ish, so Gva by about 10, allowing for traffic.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Perdrix wrote:
@tonyfo, lol...... on a shared cost basis - we ain't that nice! We should be passing through Geneval on Sat March 12th, as we are overnighting just outside the city for an early start. Coould squeeze you in the motor for the hour or so it takes to get to L/G, but 10 hours for the full trip would be unkind to all concerned! Shocked
Return trip is Sat 19th, aiming to leave L/G at 8a.m. ish, so Gva by about 10, allowing for traffic.

Still nice! Transfers are my biggest headache.

Will be flying back from Innsbruck just a few days earlier so too soon for me to leave home again without risking a divorce.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rolling eyes much more freedom to ski, post-divorce! Laughing Laughing @tonyfo,
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy