Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

12-15 year olds 2nd Jab at 8 Weeks Plymouth

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We've just come back from the Plymouth Albion vaccination centre. They're doing a walk in clinic today for 12-15 year olds and will give second jabs FROM 8 WEEKS after the first. They close at 5pm.

Thought it might be helpful if anyone was cutting it fine for half term Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks. We're cutting it fine (as in need to get second at 10 weeks latest) for Easter, so will try there nearer the time if our local one in Exeter can't help. At his first they said it'd be fine, but it does seem dependant on lead Vaccinator on duty.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Science Museum in London doing walk in for 12-15 yrs after 8 weeks, in case helpful. Also CP House Vax Centre in Ealing W5.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In Scotland:

Tayside are being difficult. Had an argument on Saturday about my 15 year old because she was 1 day before the full 12 weeks. I held my ground, eventually they went ahead - I argued very strongly that the JCVI advice allowed for it and they were misinformed and being petty. She got her jab in the end. FYI both her and my 13 year old were written to with appointments at 10 weeks, they went in (I was not there) and were refuse the vaccine. It helped that I had created a stick about this, knew the names of some of the decision makers in Tayside and had confirmation from them that there were no safety grounds for insisting on the 12 week gap.

Forth Valley - my 13 year old who was 4 days from the 12 week gap walked right in to the drop-in in Stirling, no questions, no qualms and very well looked after.

My advice - don't stand for it at all. There is no safety problem with the 8 weeks, the medical advice on this is crystal clear. If push comes to shove make sure you speak to the head vaccinator. If they refuse then ask for written confirmation that a vaccine was being refused on safety grounds. Seems that makes them a bit uncomfortable!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy