Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need a new Knee

Poster: A snowHead
Just back from the Alleghe Pre Birthday bash. Great holiday. Thanks Admin!!

I've had a lot of trouble with my left knee for a number of years now. due to there being vurtually no cartilage in it. Had various scans and arthrosopies but I can now only ski for a few hours before the pain gets too much (even with using Ski Mojos). It is also affecting my main sport (Karate - I'm a 5th Dan instructor)
So I've come round to the fact I need major knee surgery. Any recommendations on good knee surgeon, I'm even considering paying for it as not sure of NHS waiting times etc. Really don't want to miss out on next season if I can help it

Grateful for any advice.
Cheers
Tim
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jonathan Bell seems to be very well recommended, is a snowhead and was very kind to give me advice on my knee when suffering. His clinic is however in Wimbledon, so quite far from you
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks NickyJ. Daughter lives in London so not out of the question. In a way I want the best I can get so not so worried about travel
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I get the impression he is

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/search.php?search_author=Jonathan+Bell
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jonathan Bell...look no further. I'm saving up for mine with him. Luckily he's younger than me
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I find it very reassuring that he, and his physio wife, are just up the road from me!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Stones Clinic San Francisco
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mmm. Was really meaning not too worried about travel in UK. San Fran prob well outside my price range!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I had a knee replacement in November 2019 with the intention to be back skiing the next winter. Covid stopped that but I made it out to Corvara last week and it was fantastic. Pain-free skiing - what a revelation. Very Happy

I considered Jonathan Bell as he is very good but opted to have it done locally (Essex) by Paul Allen who is also very highly rated. If you can afford it go private - The VERY BEST £13K I ever spent.

Do your research - Although very USA based this is a great resource https://bonesmart.org/forum/
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have a long history of knee issues. I travelled down to Wimbledon from Yorkshire to see Jonathan Bell for a consultation. If I were going for joint replacement I would absolutely go to him.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks folks! Can I copy in Jonathan Bell on this thread. Not sure how to do that!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not sure but if you follow link i provided above to his posts, you can click on him and pm
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
interns56 wrote:
Thanks folks! Can I copy in Jonathan Bell on this thread. Not sure how to do that!
I wouldn't worry unduly - he knows he's got oodles of patients and other fans on snowHeads!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
NickyJ wrote:
Not sure but if you follow link i provided above to his posts, you can click on him and pm

Thanks
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Has anyone heard of a treatment called molecular bio physical stimulation?
A clinic has opened up near me and they claim to be able to repair cartilage damage. Bit sceptical myself!
snow conditions
@gixxerniknik, interesting, keen to hear more as i am scheduled for a repair (ie trim off the damaged bits) on 4th March
snow report
@gixxerniknik, My wife had something which may have been this a few years ago. Fractured bones in her foot were not knitting so they tried pulsed electromagnetic field stimulus (PEFS) to speed up repair which involved putting an EM conductor on her foot closely aligned to the break for over 6 months every day. Totally bl00dy useless. All it did was delay needed surgery for 6 extra months and left her with a collapsed arch that has just required additional invasive surgery. I know there is something in it as I remember a project I took on as an undergraduate many years ago looking at the effect of pulsed EM fields on bone growth, and it does have an effect but far too small and random to be of use (it was some time ago though). Personally I wouldn't rely on it instead of surgery - perhaps alongside surgery it might do some good, at least it won't do any harm in conjunction.
latest report
@interns56,
Sorry the knee is so troublesome. Happy to try and help. Important points to consider:

Has everything been done that can avoid surgery?

Is the knee bad enough for surgery?

Can survey match your expectation of the outcome?

The final point is extremely important in the very active .
Jonathan Bell
snow report
Thanks Jonathan. I will PM you. Regards Tim
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy