Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ventolin inhaler Austria

Poster: A snowHead
so I left my back pack at Munich Airport. In it are my asthma inhalers, anyone know if I can buy over the counter or do I have to get a prescription if so where from?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Mother hucker, I don’t know, but walk into an Apotheke first thing tomorrow and ask. They are generally only open in the mornings on Saturdays so go early, but if you need to see a doctor they might be able to direct you to someone.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I expect you’ll be able to get an emergency one at a pharmacy. If you have evidence of a repeat prescription in your NHS app, it might help.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@MotherHucker, if you’re in Ischgl, I might have a spare I could bring. I arrive tomorrow (Saturday) evening.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Scrunch77, cheers for that I'm in Mayrhofen though . hopefully the apotheke will sell me one.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
all sorted. Apteka sold me one over the counter. It was a drama in Poland when I needed one, trip to hospital for a consultation. Had to get proof from UK I was prescribed them only then would Apteka sell me one
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Mother hucker, jeez! I went to Canada once and only realised mine was empty when I got to the middle of nowhere Shocked $5 in the pharmacy, no questions.

Mind you, Ventolin is the devil's work. very bad for you.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Ventolin is the devil's work. very bad for you.

It is very overused. Part of our current workload is ensuring asthmatics are on the appropriate treatment and only using Ventolin less than three times a week.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In the 15+ years since I switched my preventer from Becotide (which never worked for me in the preceding 15 yrs) to Sereride, and subsequently Flutiform (Fluticasone) at my doc’s suggestion, I have hardly ever needed Ventolin (Salbutamol). It really has been life changing. It has also improved my enjoyment of skiing holidays.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Hells Bells, @Scrunch77, having gone onto the French system with a proper resp consultant I haven’t used my ventolin in nearly 2 years!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hells Bells wrote:
Quote:

Ventolin is the devil's work. very bad for you.

It is very overused. Part of our current workload is ensuring asthmatics are on the appropriate treatment and only using Ventolin less than three times a week.

Why is it so bad for you? I try not to use mine, but do quite a bit during hayfever season. And is salamol equally as bad? (I don't think I've had an actual ventolin inhaler for years)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Timmycb5,

Ventolin is the brand name, salbutamol is the generic name.

Nurofen/ibuprofen
Panadol/paracetamol
Anadin/aspirin

Etc

And don’t get me started on inhaler use technique, I can bore for England on that one Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@NE1, Ah ok, cheers. I wondered if there was a difference when there was a big change in the blue inhalers about 4/5 years back. Thought it might be a different drug.

Why is it so bad though? What does it do?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've bought prescription medicine (without one) over the counter in Austria after a pleading chat to the pharmacist.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Scrunch77 wrote:
In the 15+ years since I switched my preventer from Becotide (which never worked for me in the preceding 15 yrs) to Sereride, and subsequently Flutiform (Fluticasone) at my doc’s suggestion, I have hardly ever needed Ventolin (Salbutamol). It really has been life changing. It has also improved my enjoyment of skiing holidays.

Flutiform has a terrible carbon footprint due to the propellant it uses. There are other inhaler devices with fluticasone you can use, Dry Powder Inhalers (DPI) tend to be much better, perhaps ask your practice once again. (practice nurses/practice pharmacists can often be better to ask than the GP)
ski holidays
@Timmycb5, salbutamol forces the small airways open as wide as they can, so you can get some air into the alveoli where your blood can take up oxygen. Asthma is hyper-reactivity to a stimulus (cold, polluted air, pollen etc), causing thickening of the tube walls and secretion of mucus, which leads to narrow tubes. If you force open the tubes without dealing with the cause, it’s a bit like hammering on the brakes, while the accelerator is still down. If you keep doing it, things wear out. Steroids, often mixed with a long acting version of salbutamol, suppress the whole cascade of events, leading to fewer episodes which in turn stops long term and recurring inflammation, which then means less scarring and normal-ish lungs for much longer.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy