Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Confused – Health Pass France

Poster: A snowHead
Hi I am getting more and more confused and need to make a decision on whether we go to Les Menuires for the ½ term

Situation
    Youngest Daughter 12 years old and 10 weeks at time of travel
    Has single vaccination due for 2nd vaccination shortly after we get back (UK will only 2nd vaccination 12 weeks after the first)
    She has not had covid
    Thus she is not fully vaccinated
    We can get into France no problem as she is travelling with fully vaccinated parents

Its my understanding she doesn’t qualify for a Health Pass as she is not fully vaccinated
I was therefore under the impression from what I had read that she would need to test daily in order to use ski lifts and access our hotel

However Hotel have just confirmed that she would only need a single test on day of arrival and that would qualify for a health pass

I have to make a decision very quickly as to whether we pay balance and go or not and we are happy to go with a single test but don’t want the risk of daily tests and would move to next year

Anybody clarify for me as I don’t know where to turn and the French websites are ambiguous

Thanks
AH666
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
She needs a daily test to get a pass sanitaire. That gives her access to restaurants, ski lifts etc. Morzine Source website has a very detailed post.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
+1 on the daily tests, although when I reached out via Twitter, it's evident that they checking of Pass Sanitaire is very inconsistent across resorts. Caveat emptor and all that though... (we've switched to Switzerland to avoid any issues)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@iainm, pistes I was checked twice - one lift and when buying, in restaurants however it was every single time.

Given how high the rates are in CH, i’d feel safer skiing in France with their testing approach. You can iften pre book tests via doctolib.fr
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Daily tests I’m afraid.

It’s double jabbed or single+recovery
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It is possible to get your 12-15 yr old vaccinated early in some places. How many weeks is s/he now? Where do you
live?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the answers, obviously not what I wanted to hear but at least I know now
We are based in Hertfordshire, England. I have enquired about getting her 2nd jab early but was told no, have to wait until end of February
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Vista123 wrote:
It is possible to get your 12-15 yr old vaccinated early in some places. How many weeks is s/he now? Where do you
live?

I don't think under 16s need to have had 1 shot if the can demonstrate recovery within the last 6 months via an official certificate and, of course, a QR code. There are 3 key criteria - only 1 has to be satisfied : fully vaccinated / recovery / daily tests
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This is a very clear post on the Val Thorens website :

Reminder:

Since 24 January, the health pass has become a vaccine pass and concerns everyone aged 16 and over.
The "activities" health pass remains in force for minors aged 12 to 15.

The vaccine pass consists of the presentation, in digital or paper form, of one of the following three health proofs :

A vaccination certificate attesting to a complete vaccination schedule, including booster dose within the time limit, for those eligible persons aged 18 years and 1 month and over.
For 16-17 year olds, booster doses are not compulsory: "The vaccine pass will be valid subject to a complete primary vaccination schedule", says the Ministry of Health.

A certificate of recovery from the Covid-19 dated at least 11 days and less than 6 months ago. Please note that you must be able to show a QR code.

A certificate of medical contraindication preventing vaccination. The persons concerned are thus issued a document by their doctor that can be presented in places, services, establishments and events where the "vaccination pass" is required.

The "vaccine pass" does not apply to minors aged between 12 and 15. It is therefore the "health pass" - which includes the additional possibility of presenting proof of a negative test less than 24 hours old - that remains in force for this age group.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Most places do say no to the second jab early, as this adheres to the JCVI guidance. A (very) few will administer it early however, due to local high prevalence of Covid. I know of one place in London, and of course you need to be happy to have your teenager vaccinated early.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Try a walk in vaccine centre - I know of a number of families that have got their kids 2nd jab at 8-9 weeks , myself included.
Explain the situation - saying she will miss out on a family holdiday, my experiance is they are very helpful and understanding. There is no medical reason for the 12 week delay (very few other countries in the EU waits 12 weeks), its just there to extend the period of possible immunity.
To get the health pass you will need to wiat 7 full days after the 2nd dose
Good luck
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tried a walk in centre this morning and they wouldnt give the 2nd dose early, very understanding and understood the situation we were in and the difference in regulations between France/UK but apparently there licence didn't allow them to give the jab early
So that's the end of our skiing trip Feb 1/2 term
Might try and get something in for Easter
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Are you able to drive to West London for a vaccine for him/her?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
https://www.aroundealing.com/coronavirus/get-your-booster/

If able to get to Ealing for 12-15 yr old second dose
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Early…
snow conditions
Can also get it after 8 wks at The Science Museum (walk in)
snow report
Don’t want to hijack the thread but it’s Along the same lines, has anyone got any experience of an adult receiving the second dose early ?

I’d say after 4 weeks ish, my brother in law left it too late to have his second jab now he can’t make our trip… yes he’s a fool.
snow report
@Cov_lad, my second was 6weeks plus 6 days. It was then because that was when y surgery called me back in for it. I did raise with them concerns it was too soon but they were adamant about doing also saying they were sure we were all going to be boostered. This was in June
snow report
@Cov_lad, Me and Mrs had 2nd jab 4 weeks to the day after the first. This was May last year though. Similar to @NickyJ, GP called us in for it as 1st jab was Pfizer and from June onwards they were prioritising Pfizer for younger people so concern was that there wouldn't be any for us at the 3 month interval (which would have been mid July when they were ramping up for 20-30year olds etc).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy