Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are BA still cancelling flights ???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Late last year early this year BA seem to be cancelling lots of flights reading on this Forum ...are they still doing this??
We are flying to Munich in 4 weeks , but my son cant go now so i was going to claim a E-voucher
But i might hold out if BA are still cancelling flights so i can get him a cash refund rather than a e-voucher. My only concern is with the relaxing of Covid rules they might suddenly drop the E-voucher option before we go in 4 weeks .
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The BA flight I booked almost a year ago from Heathrow to Innsbruck is still scheduled for 3 week's time.

BA cancelled regional flights a while ago and my friends from Manchester went from direct flight from Manchester to Innsbruck, to Innsbruck via flight from Manchester to Heathrow to having to drive to Heathrow as the shuttle flight to Heathrow was cancelled.

I would be surprised if they cancel any more.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Something's definitely going on, just checking on the flight number we've got booked for 1/2 term on flightradar to see if it's operating normally and discovered the scheduled time of departure ahs been moved back by 7 hours! Haven't been told anything by BA, "Manage my Booking" page now says "you have no flights in this booking" and can't get hold of them on the phone!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@wasley, To answer your question, I'd definitely hold out for a week or so if I were you - they're clearly having a major re-shuffle of schedules at this very moment so there's a very good chance your flight will be moved or cancelled automatically triggering the option for you to cancel for full refund.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Their site says

“You can claim a voucher to the value of your booking, valid for travel until 30 September 2023, if:

You booked prior to 3 March 2020 for travel due to have started by 28 February 2021
You booked from 3 March 2020 onwards for travel due to be completed by 31 August 2022”

I don’t think they can suddenly pull the offering if that was a term of booking when you made it.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I wouldn't hold out hope of getting a voucher quickly if you do decide to cancel - BA cancelled on us at New Year on Dec 23rd and we've had neither a refund or voucher yet and as such am reluctant to book with them again.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@always29, I cancelled the flight for one person on my booking over the phone and they said I would get a voucher via email in a couple of days. I didn't get anything.
That was 2 weeks ago.

I rang again today, on hold for about 20 mins, and the person on the phone said there was a failure with the system and the voucher wasn't sent. She said she would correct the problem and the voucher would arrive soon.

Maybe worth checking over the phone?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Jagerbull, tried phone to no avail so now logged through their complaints system - a lot of wishy washy explanation so far ending with "if you are eligible for a refund or voucher", should ****** think so, they cancelled on us! It's probably blown their brains that we paid with these flight part cash / part voucher from earlier flights they'd also cancelled. Not very impressed at all esp as we fell foul of their March / April 2020 "click here for refund" that made us end up with the blasted vouchers in the first place!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ill hold out for a couple of weeks to see if it is cancelled .But im sure i read although the E-voucher isn't transferable you can book someone else a flight with it, So if he doesn't use it im sure me and my wife would
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@wasley, if BA are going to cancel they will do it just before 14 days so they are not liable for EU 261 compensation.

If they don't cancel and it gets to inside 14 days then you can go for a voucher.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BA cancelled our half term flights to Stuttgart a few weeks ago. Though wouldn't imagine Munich flights get cancelled seeing as it is a far more popular destination.

Personally still have over £1000 of BA evouchers to go through, though confident we'll manage to get through them all before they expire. It is highly unlikely that they would invalidate them prior to their expiry date.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
No harm in waiting and seeing what happens. If you want a better idea of how likely they are to cancel, check what price they are currently selling seats on the flight for, and if there are other flights on the same route that they could consolidate them with. If new seats are expensive, then the flight is full so they are less likely to cancel. If it's not on sale then they've likely already decided to cancel it, but haven't told existing customers yet.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thelem wrote:
No harm in waiting and seeing what happens. If you want a better idea of how likely they are to cancel, check what price they are currently selling seats on the flight for, and if there are other flights on the same route that they could consolidate them with. If new seats are expensive, then the flight is full so they are less likely to cancel. If it's not on sale then they've likely already decided to cancel it, but haven't told existing customers yet.

We've got both rolling eyes
Our flight out is the first one of the day is nearly 1/2 the price of all the other flights but the return is the last flight of the day is the dearest

Its hobson's choice , i would like it cancelled for my son benefit but that will stuff myself and the rest of the group as the whole point of the early flight was to try and get 1/2 day skiing on the first day .
suppose not being cancelled is the lesser of 2 evils as we can use the e-voucher at a later date
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ski_free wrote:
BA cancelled our half term flights to Stuttgart a few weeks ago. Though wouldn't imagine Munich flights get cancelled seeing as it is a far more popular destination.

Personally still have over £1000 of BA evouchers to go through, though confident we'll manage to get through them all before they expire. It is highly unlikely that they would invalidate them prior to their expiry date.

It's possible that BA will refund the vouchers in cash when they reach their expiry date.

They are already converting some of the early "future travel vouchers" containing avios into cash/avios refunds.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/12/20/ba-is-cancelling-and-refunding-future-travel-vouchers-is-your-2-4-1-voucher-still-protected/
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
musehead wrote:

It's possible that BA will refund the vouchers in cash when they reach their expiry date.

They are already converting some of the early "future travel vouchers" containing avios into cash/avios refunds.

Called BA last week to quiz them about expiry date of Avios booked flights in April 2020. I called via the Executive Club dedicated number which was quickly picked up after selecting number options, and was immediately able to have Avios returned and cash portion refunded.

Pretty straightforward.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy