Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Paper COVID Pass Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sorry for the slightly OT question - just need a bit of advice.

We are travelling at the weekend to France with an elderly relative. She's not got a smart phone and so is using the printed version of her COVID pass downloaded from the NHS website showing all three vaccinations. She's getting a bit anxious that it will all be fine and asking questions about what she has to do and what happens if they don't like her paper work etc. We've tried to reassure her that it will be fine and we'll be with her but we can't answer all her questions as we've not travelling through an airport since they introduced the COVID pass and the rest of us will be using the travel pass on our phones.

Can anyone tell me what will happen at Gatwick and when we land in France? Her main concern is if she has to have the COVID pass paperwork scanned and it doesn't work.

She'll obviously also have her signed declaration and her antigen certificate as well but we've told her she'll only have to show these - assume that's correct.

Any info that we can just reassure her with would be most appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to Snowheads -- you can download an app called Verificac19, which will scan the paper QR code and tell you if it is correct. That should reassure her

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 27-01-22 9:54; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So long as the QR code is clear/not blurry it will be fine. I would advice getting it laminated.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The QR codes on the printed pass will be the same as shown on the app. Anybody checking these will scan them and wait for 'a green tick' or confirmation on their app/scanner. As long as the QR code is readable (not creased etc) and the name matches her ID, I can't see how there could be any issues
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Perfect - thank you for the quick responses. I just used the app and it worked with no problems. That will reassure her no end.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We have travelled to Greece, Norway and Spain in the last 4 months with all documents both on our phones and printed. Each time when asked to show them staff have preferred the printed copies as these can be scanned much quicker than bringing each document up on a phone and getting QR code to the correct size for scanning. Now about to go on the Birthday Bash with all our documents again on phone and printed (and laminated QR codes).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have been in France for 6 weeks and have only used a paper nhs pass and had no problems. Scanned in most restaurants. I have mine folded to just show the QR code for my booster dose and then put it in a small plastic bag. Thought might struggle to scan through plastic but I have never had a problem.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The paper is arguably more convincing and useful than the app because the paper has all the details in the app in plain text form as well. The QR code is the same, and is effectively unforgeable. If the QR code is unreadable or invalid for some reason, at least the paper version may have enough information on it to convince someone that you're genuine. With a failed app QR code, there is less information shown. And paper may actually be easier to present as well.

The same is true with the GHIC - a health administrator is actually interested in the information on the card, rather than the card itself. So always take a photo' of your GHIC just in case you lose it or don't have it on you.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Timmycb5 wrote:
So long as the QR code is clear/not blurry it will be fine. I would advice getting it laminated.

Totally concur about getting it laminated.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Does one need a passenger locator form to enter Austria ? Asking for a friend Embarassed
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The NHS certificate is valid in EU you can check it using any apps it doesn't need to be the French app. If you want a simple way without apps you can use this site, it will tell you it's it's valid https://app.digitalcovidcertchecker.gov.ie/
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've used the paper version in bars, restos and ski lifts in Tignes with no snags at all. Lyon airport passport control were not interested. Mine is stored in an old building society passbook cover! The French yoof are tech savvy but their grandparents still use cheque books and not bank cards!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The QR code that works is for the most recent jab. So that’s the one to show
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy