Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Antigen Entry

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'm slightly concerned. I fly tomorrow morning at 8am. I sorted my tests through 'TestnGo' and after I did the antigen test and sent the photo of the test off for my certificate I looked at their reviews on tripadvisor, and they are awful (I wish I did beforehand now). I am concerned I will not receive a certificate by tomorrow morning. What will happen when I turn up at the airport with no certificate? Will they simply turn me away or is there an opportunity to pay to do one there? As you can imagine, I am stressed after doing the test 4 hours ago and have heard nothing and I fly in the morning.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Check if there's a company offering rapid lateral flow tests at the airport as a backup
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
NBH wrote:
Check if there's a company offering rapid lateral flow tests at the airport as a backup

I believe there is at Bristol airport, however, if they're open at ~6am is another question.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks like it opens at 09:30 on a Saturday. You could try a randox click and collect to be safe. Should be somewhere around Bristol that you could collect from tonight
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
NBH wrote:
Looks like it opens at 09:30 on a Saturday. You could try a randox click and collect to be safe. Should be somewhere around Bristol that you could collect from tonight

You are a life saver. Thanks so much for the help, I didn't even know these services existed. Thanks again!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
No worries, enjoy the slopes!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bpayne01 wrote:
Hi all,

I'm slightly concerned. I fly tomorrow morning at 8am. I sorted my tests through 'TestnGo' and after I did the antigen test and sent the photo of the test off for my certificate I looked at their reviews on tripadvisor, and they are awful (I wish I did beforehand now). I am concerned I will not receive a certificate by tomorrow morning. What will happen when I turn up at the airport with no certificate? Will they simply turn me away or is there an opportunity to pay to do one there? As you can imagine, I am stressed after doing the test 4 hours ago and have heard nothing and I fly in the morning.

Testngo are Cowboys! They have still not sent me the Smile results of my PCR test from 16 December Shocked .And they have not even delivered Mrs B's PCR test that was ordered at the same time as mine.

I hope you have better luck with them than we did.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I reccomend C19, got my antigen result back in 3 hours Eh oh!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Busymum, Beat ya! 35 mins for my C19!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Another recommendation for Randox Click and Collect. Certificate provided within five minutes of submitting test on Friday night.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
C19 1 hour 15. mins. Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Bpayne01, How did you get on ???
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I arrived at Lyon this morning. The only thing I showed was my passport, which got a stamp. Easy at MAN only checked passport and boarding card.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
+1 for C19. Went with them following recommendations in other threads. Mine came back in under 30 minutes on Thursday. Eurotunnel on Friday, passport stamp and asked to show proof of vaccination, even though previously uploaded.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
C19 came back in under a minute. Seriously- almost instantly.
snow report
@chocksaway,

Which airline were you flying with from MAN?
snow report
Easy should have read easyjet in my last post! I suspect the gate clerk assumed that my paperwork was checked at bag drop and the bag drop clerk thought it would be checked at the gate or didn't know where Lyon was!
ski holidays
albob wrote:
@Bpayne01, How did you get on ???

Hi, thanks for the follow up Very Happy

I am currently in Les Deux Alpes having an awesome time.

Thankfully the Randox health worked pretty much instantly. But, typically, I had a certificate from TestnGo too at about 4am but it was missing things such as a barcode that Randox Health had.

I didn’t even have to provide proof of negative test once. Bristol airport, only covid pass and passport and the exact same for Grenoble.
latest report
Can I process two different tests through the same Randox Certifly app - need to test me and my wife on Friday, so do we both need the app (on different phones), or can we run both tests and certificates through one ?
snow conditions
chocksaway wrote:
@Busymum, Beat ya! 35 mins for my C19!

Through Qured...

20mins for the pre-departure antigen test
5mins(!!) for the day 2 antigen test.

I was impressed by the turnaround on the first one, but the second one was incredible!
ski holidays
Pejoli wrote:
Can I process two different tests through the same Randox Certifly app - need to test me and my wife on Friday, so do we both need the app (on different phones), or can we run both tests and certificates through one ?

You can indeed.
snow report
Hi does anyone know if C19 tests are accepted in France?
snow conditions
I was going to order C19 too. I believe they are acceptable for entering France.
snow report
Apologies for the slight thread drift but I wonder if anyone has done this before & knows the answer.

We are flying EasyJet to Geneva & as EasyJet see's this as flying you to Switzerland they will only ask to see your Swiss PLF & Covid vaccine status pre flight. They will not ask to see a negative LFT as that is not required for Switzerland anymore. The only check's on landing last weekend was passport & Swiss PLF.

Question is, we are getting our hire car from the French sector, do you know if they are asking for negative LFT's as you pass through the airport to the French hire desks?
snow conditions
Willit happen wrote:
Hi does anyone know if C19 tests are accepted in France?

Completely acceptable we've used C19testing for four entries to France since the summer.

If you mean acceptable for their testing regime while there then no the TAC and TAC Verif apps do not recognise the QR codes
ski holidays
Thank you, it is just for transit from UK into Geneva into france so fingers crossed.
snow conditions
Excalibur health are another good provider of antigen & PCR tests. They provide a QR code via their app that’s accepted by EJ at check

Edit: confirmation of test results was pretty instant. Scan QR code on LFT reader thingy with a photo of result (all done at the same time) and confirmation comes back pretty quick
ski holidays
How long do Excalibur take to deliver the tests to your home after ordering?
Trying to time it for half term re any possible removal of test requirement for the family VS cutting it too fine Eh oh!

Also what’s everyone’s strategy for ensuring the whole family passes. I’ve warned my kids they’re excluded from all teenage parties for the next 2 weeks Little Angel
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@MHskier, I ordered them on Tuesday and they were delivered on Wednesday.

Just did normal delivery service via Royal Mail.
latest report
Can somebody clarify the 24 hours "prior to departure" rule for the antigen tests. Does it just loosely mean "the day before" or are they quite strict on the timings? And if so what point do they count the 24 hours back from? The time you leave your house, check in at the airport, your flight actually takes off or your flight lands in France? What happens if your flight gets delayed to a time more than 24 hours after you took the test?

Our flight is scheduled for 14:30. So does that mean we have to take the test after 14:30 on the previous day? Will there be time to get the results back the same day with the Randox or C19 tests or would we be better off trying to get the tests done at the airport? If so how long should we allow at the airport for the tests?
ski holidays
When I went to France 19th January I was flying out at 1240. So to be sure I took my Chronomics LFT (antigen) test at 1630 just in case of delays (arrival was 1530 CET). Got the certificate back less than 1 minute after uploading test strip photo. The UK return test was just as rapid. And all for £15.99 each!
snow report
@SlipnSlide, the Randox LFT / antigen test results and certificates are advertised as coming back within 3 hours.

In reality the 4 we have done have all come back within 2 minutes.
snow report
@SlipnSlide, For France it is within 24 hours of the departure time of the flight (or the 1st flight if your journey). So less than 24 hours from the departure time on your boarding card (which will be 10-20 minutes before your take off time). A delay would not be your fault (neither would passport checks delaying you on arrival!) so you would be find. The full details are here:

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel#from2

I would take it at around 1500 and depending on company your results will be back before you go to bed, especially with C19 (the one I used)
snow report
Thanks for clarifying.
ski holidays
So we're hoping to drive to Italy via France then return a week later. I understand the rules for the way out (and the fact it's looking like we need a second lot of 4 tests to get into Italy after our overnight in France rolling eyes )

But on the return leg, though, do we need to have done another 24 hr LFT for passing from Italy back into France? So in total the family will need 12 tests!?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy