Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vaccination letter for 12-15s in Wales

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering if anyone had ordered the Welsh version of the vaccination status letter for their double jabbed teens? I phoned up for mine today (I have 2 children aged 15 and 13) and it was all straightforward until I asked about the expiry date (I have read that the England ones are valid 30 days). The lady said that there was no expiry date and also no QR code…..and directed me towards the WG website which just signposted me to the number I phoned!
Basically the letter without compatibility QR will be not be any good for the TAC app in France. If you have ordered one of these please could you reassure/alert me?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh dear - not good news at all. The WG statement from Eluned Morgan states that the pass is for travel so I really hope it has a QR code otherwise I agree it is no use at all. It is also unclear whether Welsh teens can access the digital version. Depending on any other replies, would you mind updating when you get your letter - we haven't ordered ours yet but is on the list for next week.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Also needing the paper / digital version. Will be phoning on Sunday for ours. Please share any news?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's ridiculous that we can't get this online in Wales for 12-15 year olds. My daughter will be getting her 2nd jab on Saturday so with the 5 days wait before you can phone for it and the potential 10 day wait for it to arrive it's cutting it a bit fine.

I thought it was supposed to have the QR code on it though.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I phoned the NHS Wales general phone line, recorded message directed me to the WG help line, guy on there didn’t know anything and redirected me to the WG customer help email address! Have sent an email to ask about the certificates so will update you if and when I get an answer. I don’t want to wait for the certificates to arrive as won’t have much time to escalate my concerns! Still hoping I am panicking for nothing but reading the WG website again today it seems to be something different for adults and teens……
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pootle0212 wrote:
Just wondering if anyone had ordered the Welsh version of the vaccination status letter for their double jabbed teens? I phoned up for mine today (I have 2 children aged 15 and 13) and it was all straightforward until I asked about the expiry date (I have read that the England ones are valid 30 days). The lady said that there was no expiry date and also no QR code…..and directed me towards the WG website which just signposted me to the number I phoned!
Basically the letter without compatibility QR will be not be any good for the TAC app in France. If you have ordered one of these please could you reassure/alert me?

The letter will include the QR code but its only valid for 30 days. If you are going H/T 18-29 it may expire when you are there.

The QR code will stop scanning as the date is encoded in the QR so its not like you can just blag it.

With any luck Wales teens 12-15 will be able to get this online next week from here https://covid-status.service.nhsx.nhs.uk/
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
All vaccines are recorded in the Wales Immunisation System. From there, they are transferred to the English NHS system that allows you to get your DigitalCertificate via QR code.
However, there is no system in place for under 18s or people who have had a 3rd Jab but not a booster to get a Digital Certificate by QR code (3rd jab shows up for people vaccinated in England). Only a paper Vaccine Certificate.

Both are valid as proof of vaccine. The paper certificate is different from the digital certificate. The PDF one you can print out is a copy of the digital certificate & not the same as a paper certificate.

I would not wait 5 days before requesting - as long as everything is done digitally, then it should be uploaded from WIS to NHS system within 2-3 days.

Good luck in getting a reply from the email address. I sent a query off a month ago & still not had a reply. rolling eyes
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My son has had one jab in england (november) and one in wales on 16th Jan. He is registered with a GP in england. The second jab in wales showed up in his NHS profile on the 17th but I could not successfully request a paper certificate to be sent in post until five full working days had passed - 22nd January. Even though it was on his profile, I was told several times that you now have to wait five working days for the letter. It's not the case that it might take up to five working days - you actually have to wait that long otherwise your request is rejected. I think this changed relatively recently.
Once five days have passed after second jab, you can then request the letter and that can take a a week or so I think. Mine hasn't arrived yet. Fingers crossed the digital system for 12-15 year olds launches smoothly on 4th Feb as promised.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've just requested a letter for our teenager. No queue this morning and phone answered straight away which was surprising given this week probably the ideal time to request the letter for half term travel. They did say no expiry date on it! I will update when we get our letter if no updates from other posters regarding the QR code.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Also ordered this morning. Phoned at 9am, got through at 9:01, done by 9:05. Lady wasn’t sure abiit expiry date.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi everyone our certificates arrived yesterday and they have a bar code & tiny qr which doesn’t look promising. They have a date of issue but no expiry date. So looks like I will be waiting til later this week to see if they can use the promised digital version! I am happy to post a picture but wasn’t sure how to do this on here….
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pootle0212 wrote:
Hi everyone our certificates arrived yesterday and they have a bar code & tiny qr which doesn’t look promising. They have a date of issue but no expiry date. So looks like I will be waiting til later this week to see if they can use the promised digital version! I am happy to post a picture but wasn’t sure how to do this on here….

Where are you heading? You can download the app and scan it to verify to code. Or try it online here https://app.digitalcovidcertchecker.gov.ie/
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks so much for that but I can just get the kids to see if it will work on their TAC apps. Don’t think it will though. Heading to France and having spent 2 weeks there at Christmas we are certainly clear on what we need in terms of codes. Am pretty sure this certificate won’t cut it on TAC so it’s just a question of finding a solution……
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
According to my Welsh AM, 12-15 year olds will be able to get their Covid pass online from the 4th February:

"Thank you for your email to Rebecca on 26 January.

The Covid Pass goes live for 12-15 year olds in Wales on the same day (4th February).

The only difference is that in England this is accessed via the app. In Wales this is done via the NHS Website and can then be downloaded. "

Good news!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy