Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fit to Fly Antigen/LFD and PCR COVID Test Suppliers

Poster: A snowHead
There are quite a lot of comments and shared experiences from suppliers of fit it fly covid testing in other threads. I thought it would be worthwhile having a dedicated thread on the good and the bad. So please share your experiences and recommendations of the best suppliers (and ones to avoid!).

I know there will be a huge number of us needing these tests in the nest few weeks. Might even be worthwhile discussing a deal with whoever is the best one!

Given there will no longer be a need to test before returning or after returning, probably best to focus on tests taken before leaving the UK.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 25-01-22 15:56; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I used c19testing last weekend for the fit to fly LFT and the day 2 return LFT.

Tests were delivered next day, and when I uploaded my test results I had the certificates back (both times) in under 2 hours.

Will definitely be using them again when I go out for half term.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I used Klarity for outbound and return LFT. Outbound cert came back within 60 mins on a Saturday and the return 15 mins yesterday. Simple easy to use app also, will use again.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Testing for All - not for profit organisation - and certificate of unsupervised test sent within five minutes of uploading a picture of the test cassette.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Last week was the 4th time we had used c19 testing. As usual they were very efficient with delivery and results.

Delivery was a next day timed delivery by DPD.

Fit to fly results were back with in the hour from submission and the day 2 results were back within 15 minutes.

Very pleased with them and will continue to use them as long as needed.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Good thread, head out to Italy in 10 days so needed some proven companies for self test LFT
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
C19 pre departure test. Delivery next day. Certificate returned in 35 minutes. No log on or account faff required. Its a 10 from Len!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@LOTA, Same.
Testing for All were really good.
I had both tests delivered to a friends UK address in 24 hours ( not the one on my PLF, as I wanted to test BEFORE I went to see my folks, just in case I was positive).
Both for D2 LFT and FTF LFT came back in under 5 minutes.
Only very slight gripe is that are not the preferred supplier for VeriFly so I couldn't upload the QR code, but I uploaded the T4A cert and VeriFly did a manual check in about 10 minutes, so really only a tiny gripe, but overall they were excellent.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Simplytestme. Ordered Sunday, delivered Tuesday, certificate returned within 30 minutes of test submission, £12
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Qured are definitely recommended and are one of the approved partners for BA (and Verifly), which helps if you're flying with them. Tests delivered with a couple of days - and results back within 20mins both time (one of the came back within 5mins!).
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Very happy with C19 last week for pre-departure. Delivered next day after order (although didn't have notification beforehand from DPD that I was led to expect, so was slightly concerned). Took test and submitted it - reply with certificate came in under half an hour. This was on Thursday - suspect Fridays might be a bit busier.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Randox LFT and PCR were both easy and quick over Xmas/NY. LFT within 20mins, and PCR by lunchtime the next day after dropoff. Also you can now click & collect the kits from Collect+ shop network as well, so you can leave buying them as late as you dare!

Avoid Chronomics. We had problems with the website, and also a customer service issue. I don't think we are alone.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Tue 25-01-22 20:31; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Put in my order from Excalibur just after lunch. Just received an email from Royal Mail this evening telling me they will be delivering it tomorrow!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I’ve nothing but praise for chronomics, promptly delivered the fit to fly and return lft, results for both were literally back in less than a minute and a bargain £15 each, excellent service in my opinion
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Randox were good in our last trip. Easy to use app.
snow report
5 of us off to Italy in the morning, 3 did Randox, 2 Chronomics. All results returned in minutes. Randox app works well, not received the promised email confirmation but pdf certificate downloaded through app. Chronomics web app a bit quirky but got there in the end.
latest report
Thanks all. Mostly positive experiences which is comforting!

I guess the concern is around the half-term rush, large numbers will be be travelling especially with the change of rules for returning to the UK. I guess the positive is demand for tests for the return leg will be much less now so hopefully that frees up some capacity.

On that point - does anyone know which test providers are more automated and therefore less likely having problems verifying large volumes quickly? We are lucky in a way that most of the family are travelling on the Friday (11th) evening, with the rest flying out on Monday (14th) so hopefully we are not testing on the absolute peak days.
snow report
Just done my LFT for tomorrow : Excalibur ; test result appeared on the app about 10 seconds after I took picture of cassette. Email arrived 5 minutes after that.
Very impressive :: the only awkward bit is lining up the cassette with the app's 'grid'!!
snow report
+1 for Excalibur. We've used them a couple of times and the result is so quick that we last did the test 6 hours before the flight (we wanted a buffer in case of flight delays). App result is almost instant and email a little while later. The result in the app satisfies BA at check-in.

The return LFT (won't be needed much longer) gives you a QR code and email linked to the reference on the passenger locator form.

Definitely use them again.
ski holidays
Val Desire wrote:
Simplytestme. Ordered Sunday, delivered Tuesday, certificate returned within 30 minutes of test submission, £12

I have just used these. There was a mixup with dates on certificate, not entirely sure if it was my fault or their's but it was all sorted and quick responses from their customer service people. I paid extra for special delivery and that worked fine, except I was unexpectedly out when the post came........
snow report
To provide some balance, pretty poor experience with Chronomics. Test kits were not dispatched on time despite ordering 2 weeks in advance. Multiple emails to them, responses are clearly automated and unhelpful. The Tel helpline does not give an option to speak with a representative. We had to cancel the tests and go with another supplier - Lloyds Pharmacy.
snow report
Chronomics refunded 3 tests for me with no problems, although another one ( a faulty cassette) took 3 emails over 4 weeks to achieve.
Their LFT's worked just fine. As did their codes on the locator form
latest report
With Excalibur is there a minimum order of 20? Can't see how to order less?
https://testing.excaliburhealth.co.uk/rapid-lateral-flow-tests/
snow conditions
@Ray Zorro, hmm they have changed since i ordered and not clear if it gives you a fit to travel???
snow report
Looks like Excalibur are out of the travel testing game. Perhaps not surprising looking at their Trustpilot
ski holidays
NickyJ wrote:
@Ray Zorro, hmm they have changed since i ordered and not clear if it gives you a fit to travel???

They still say the Digital Pass result can be used for travelling. Just as well I got the three I need last week. But then then I also have three Chronomics coming as well just to be sure their are no last minutes snafus.
ski holidays
olderscot wrote:
NickyJ wrote:

They still say the Digital Pass result can be used for travelling. Just as well I got the three I need last week. But then then I also have three Chronomics coming as well just to be sure their are no last minutes snafus.

I was concerned as when i ordered i am sure travel was in the title...

I was part thinking did i order our 4 too soon.
latest report
Ray Zorro wrote:
With Excalibur is there a minimum order of 20? Can't see how to order less?
https://testing.excaliburhealth.co.uk/rapid-lateral-flow-tests/

I now see the answer to my own question...
I've just noticed that it says on their website
Quote:
While we have catered for the needs of individual consumers, our tests are now offered on a bulk buying basis with a minimum order of 200 tests.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I emailed Excalibur earlier today and have just had this reply...

Quote:

I am extremely sorry but unfortunately starting from this week we aren't sending out orders and our tests can't be used for travel.

You will have to find another test provider.
snow report
C19 were good for me, 3 trips so far, now trying Randox 3 hours LFT's
latest report
Ray Zorro wrote:

Quote:

I am extremely sorry but unfortunately starting from this week we aren't sending out orders and our tests can't be used for travel.

Just hope i dont get any issues as mine i preordered for half term. I spoke to them in phonebefore ordering and was assured no issues buying early.....
snow conditions
https://www.projectscreen.co.uk/fit-to-fly/lfa-home-test/

Been recommended these - anyone had any experience of them?
snow conditions
Ray Zorro wrote:
https://www.projectscreen.co.uk/fit-to-fly/lfa-home-test/

Been recommended these - anyone had any experience of them?

Used one - quite stressful as they didn't auto confirm certificate (which must be automated) within the promised 3 hours then had no customer service available. Would not recommend on that basis.
latest report
@Dave of the Marmottes, thanks - that's helpful to know
latest report
Just did a dummy run with Randox as my daughter will have to do on on her own when away with the school. App was ok to use and we uploaded a picture of the test no problem.

Result came back in a few minutes
BUT - no email of the certificate.
And my daughters app shows "1 pending" in certificates on the app.
She did manage to download a pdf to her phone when when got the result.

The problem I have is she will have no chance to print anything before her flight. Is a copy of the pdf on a phone accepted? Is it better showing the certificate from within the app? Or will she need a paper copy? Anyone have any experience of this? She is flying to Italy (Milan) on Ryanair on Mon 14th Feb.
latest report
NickyJ wrote:
Ray Zorro wrote:

Quote:

Just hope I don't get any issues as mine I preordered for half term. I spoke to them on the phone before ordering and was assured no issues buying early.....

I asked Excalibur about their LFT travel tests and whether they would still be valid for travel and have had confirmation that any already purchased are fine. It's only one's purchased after the recent changes that are no longer suitable for travel.

Quote:
Good morning,

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that all orders are still valid that were purchased from us before the changes.

Going forward, we will however, not accept new orders from customers for travel test.

Kind regards,

Jade

I'll be using mine on Friday for travel on the 5th and will let you know how it goes.
latest report
@olderscot, thankyou so much for sharing!
ski holidays
Can anyone recommend a reliable low cost supplier that will give a quick LFT results certificate (under an hour) now Excalibur appear to have fallen off the wagon?
snow report
Simplytestme is in the lead so far, at £12 and 30 min turnaround.
snow conditions
But from what I can see - simplytestme may be fine for individual travellers but not so good if one person is wanting to order for a family as you have to complete a separate application for each family member.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy