Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

24hr lft delays at half term

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
With timing being critical with some border checks it seems on the 24hr entry test, I’m just wondering if lab capacity might be an issue on the 18/19 feb?!

Could be the busiest day of test submissions that these private labs have seen yet.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was speaking to an English family at the weekend & they advised that their half term was "early" this year, it turned out to be 12th which did disappoint me as that's the same week as Scottish & I thought we'd miss the crowds.
So perhaps the LFT demand is spread
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@MHskier, we are intending to use the Excalibur ones. By all account nearly instantaneous as the app does the processing.

At £12.95 each pretty much cheapest I have found. When I have phoned them to check about children - whether they need their own app or if I can do them all in one app, they were very responsive on the phone (only 1 add needed)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have a suspicion that the near instant LFT results have been made by a form 'Artificial Intelligence'....? : therefore, unlikely to be a delay

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 25-01-22 8:45; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Used the Chronomics LFT to get out and back from Italy last week. The test results e-mail came back almost instantly after completing the test on their ap both going out and the 2 day return LFT required at the time.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We used Excalibur and it's efficient enough that we do out pre-flight LFT's six hours before check-in, with the results and QR code almost instant on the app and an email a short while later.

Just remember to put a bit of time aside when first using the app as a compulsory video followed by a MCQ test has to be successfully completed before the app can be used.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ptex, can this be done a few days before?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The MP for Crawley (Gatwick area) complained in the UK parliament yesterday about Chronomics and the delays / poor service experienced by his constituents.

This was in response to Transport Secretary Shapps announcing relaxed testing rules for travel to the UK from 11 Feb.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@CP,

I have just used a Chronomics Antigen test.

The email confirming my test was negative doesn't include a "certificate" or "QR Code" are we supposed to simply show the authorities the email from Chronomics?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
welshflyer wrote:
@CP,

I have just used a Chronomics Antigen test.

The email confirming my test was negative doesn't include a "certificate" or "QR Code" are we supposed to simply show the authorities the email from Chronomics?

I'm pretty sure when we did ours they emailed us a link to download a pdf with a QR code in. Was a few months ago, sorry not to be sure.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@tccambs,

Thank you. The download didn't work earlier, it has now. I've printed it off only because I'm at home. I don't know how I would get the downloaded PDF onto my phone. There isn't a QR Code unless I've missed something else.

I had problems downloading the photo from my phone. Luckily I'm at home using my computer and had to connect my phone to my computer to send my photo.

What a faff and I couldn't ha ve done it had I been away from my computer.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We used Chronomics, web app a bit quirky and had problems downloading pdf to iPhone, worked in the end for some reason. No QR code but don’t think it’s mandatory apart from a few obscure countries. Certainly not needed for Italy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We went to a local centre to have our tests, knew it was negative by the time we had filled the forms out, had the official form by email within 20 minutes
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just back from a week in the PdS and was paranoid about my Vivo Clinic pre-flight test as they say something like 'Results can take 12 hours' and test needs to be withing 24hrs of scheduled landing time. Think the result email was back before I'd got through throwing away all the test kit rubbish. Had the same with my Day 2 return test.

These were self-administered LFTs where you upload a photo and they use some AI processing to read reference code/passport number/count lines on the test cartridge, so wouldn't expect any major capacity issues with those. If you're talking PCR then more of a worry as you need humans to open the post.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy