Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thermic ski boot heaters

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone had a problem with the new Thermic boot heaters, specifically the cable plug that connects to the battery? I have broken two the first time I had used them and as you know they are built in to the insole which makes it expensive to replace. I had no problem with the older model as it was more robust. I think the plastic that they use is too rigid and affected by the cold. Thoughts?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I’ve never had an issue with any of mine.

Where exactly are you mounting the batteries? I have heard of the battery connection being snapped when getting on chairlifts, as if mounted on the back of the boot the connection is in just the right place to be pinched between the swinging chair and the ground.

Also how often are they being used?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ironically Mrs SL (who would not ski without them in January) had some problems with the earlier models, with the cables breaking. However, the more up to date model has been more robust. Nevertheless, one of the battery connectors broke not long after purchase. Mrs SL contacted the U.K. distributor and was given a replacement of the cable and element pretty quickly. I think in theory you should go to the retailer, but the distributor route was effective.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm not sure on the exact model you use, but I started using Thermic insoles with the C-pack last year (Chilblain/Covid-Toe). I found the plugs to the battery and the extension lead very stiff. A suggestion on the internet was to just rub a bit of wet&dry sandpaper on the plug sides to reduce its size by a miniscule amount.

The plugs now slot in perfectly, and stay there (I guess if you reduce the size by too much then they'll fall out all the time).

The advantage of the extension lead is that I can thread the cable up my trouser leg and put the battery in my pocket.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for everyone's comments. I did have the batteries on the back of the boot...same location as my previous thermic 950 battery which I had for 10 yrs (used 30 to 50 days per year and no problem). The connecting plug has changed with the new version. I can try side mounting, but I still feel the new design of the connecting plug is the problem, not where they are connected to the boot.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
First year I've had them, but not had any problems in 24 days of skiing with the connectors. Not sure if I have older or new model that you refer to.

I did have a problem with the screws holding the batteries to the metal bracket - both came loose and I lost one screw. I'd suggest taking the screws out and re-fitting using a threadlock compound to secure the screws. These are on the Bluetooth C-pack.

I also had an issue with one battery sometimes refusing to go back to heating after pausing it for a period (cable car or lunch) and needing to be power cycled to reconnect the bluetooth.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
we sell dozens every season, never had that as a problem, the new plug is better as it has grip on it , just hold by the plug not the wire
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy