Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

CARV Ski:IQ Snowheads leaderboard!!!

Poster: A snowHead
SNOWHEADS CARV SKI:IQ

KenX 156

swskier 154

Harry Flashman. 149

iainm 149

Weathercam 145

JoyZipper 137

MoreSkis 134

ollski2.0 120

Scamper 118

RupertRich 117

WheresStoney 114

Note: PM me with your score and I'll add it, it's top right on your CARV home page!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 21-04-24 16:25; edited 9 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@KenX, what does the score signify?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Here's a quick summary.

https://getcarv.com/blog/skiiq
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
And a more in depth explanation

https://getcarv.com/blog/introducing-skiiq-hintertux
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
No topping @KenX on the leaderboard, however, I did improve my season best from 146 to 151 today. That's also the first time i've actually had CARV tell me a score that's 150+ as my previous best came as a result of an update which bumped me up to the Grim ripper section.

Here's the breakdown from the app.

Screenshot-20240128-103818-Carv

I actually felt like I had a breakthrough with the skiing today. Lesson learned:

1. A 165 R13m Slalom ski is way easier to ski than the 188 R30m GS ski I was on yesterday Toofy Grin
2. Fore/Aft is key to really scoring well for me. I felt like today I was able to get my centre of mass way more inside and lower, as a result of more aft in the back end of my turn.

My quest to hunt down @KenX continues! snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

My quest to hunt down @KenX continues!

After a point won't it just be easier to drag him down to your level? Go full Tanyia Harding on him maybe?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Quote:

My quest to hunt down @KenX continues!

After a point won't it just be easier to drag him down to your level? Go full Tanyia Harding on him maybe?

He's just one in the way of me hunting down Ted Ligety! Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@swskier,

That looks fab, congratulations.

Where were you skiing?

Can you (and others) put the little map summary up?
No worries if you can't, it just curiosity on my part.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Scamper, I was up at Hintertux. Pics of the map below, but for anyone that knows it, it's red run 3, just after it forks off, you can go left on Blue 10 and Red 11 towards the Lärmstange 2 chair, but you go right on Red 3 and it's a reasonably shallow slope and super wide, before it then drops down a very steep face to the Tuxer Fernerhaus.

Screenshot-20240128-131318-Carv
Screenshot-20240128-131334-Carv
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@swskier,

Thanks snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tried to bank a few extra points (or even1!) today, but too scratchy, getting freeze/thaw now here on the pistes......
The active coach is a good training tool though!
And once over Ski:IQ 150, eveery point is hard earned so fair play if you top me, that said as the owner of this thread I may have to apply age weighting Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Perfect conditions up on the glacier here, just lack of time to keep going! Next weekend needs to hurry on round!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

@swskier, I wasn’t far from you in Mayrhofen.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I assume there is no point in buying Carv without buying the annual membership?
snow report
Legend. wrote:
I assume there is no point in buying Carv without buying the annual membership?

I think you'll still get given a ski IQ, but you'll not get any in-depth feedback or data. I also don't think you'll be able to view other peoples data.
ski holidays
Hi just joined forum.

I managed to get a 150 in Solden last week. Albeit on a black run in tough conditions. The app appears to be able to take into account piste condition etc.
latest report
@The_Nuneaton_Nuke, without sounding too much like a stalker, I found your run on Carv.

Interesting to see you data vs my 151, which would suggest to me that perhaps the score is bumped up if you're on a more tricky run/conditions. And/or Balance scores massively effect your overall figures.

For comparison:

Your 150
Balance 77 (great)
Edging 63 (good)
Rotary 64 (good)
Pressure 73 (good)

My 151
Balance 73 (good)
Edging 79 (great)
Rotary 80 (great)
Pressure 76 (great)

Lots of work on balance for me coming up!
snow report
Rupert Rich wrote:

@swskier, I wasn’t far from you in Mayrhofen.

I wasn't a million miles away either!

snow report
@ollski2.0, that's a lovely blue run that, with all the natural undulations. Usually pretty busy around there though.

If you want a quiet day away from the crowds, spend a morning in Gerlosstein! Or a whole day if you're ok with lapping the sam runs.
ski holidays
Absolutely, it was so nice on Saturday earlyish... Think I might ski changeover day every time! First time on the Ahorn this year as well in 10 visits and loved that red run Almost top to bottom.
latest report
ollski2.0 wrote:
Absolutely, it was so nice on Saturday earlyish... Think I might ski changeover day every time! First time on the Ahorn this year as well in 10 visits and loved that red run Almost top to bottom.

I'm yet to venture up there. Will have to give it a go at some point.
snow conditions
holidayloverxx wrote:
@KenX, what does the score signify?

A measure of how much you can miss the point by and how much joy you can suck out of skiing Toofy Grin
latest report
If your ski pass allows and you don't mind losing a few hours in travelling (which can be the non skiable ones either end of the day) go up to Gerlos. The bowl up there is perfect for learning to carv.- wide, gentle blues.
It's popular with the Dutch so gets busy in their holidays, afaik, no Brit TOs go there
Last year, when everything was grassy and slushy lower in the valley, it was busy with day visitors.
The snow reports on the resort FB look good so far. You can also free bus up a bit higher to Königsleiten.

Sorry, this was for the person in Mayrhofen.
That blue run on Ahorn is really good for practice but @#@#, that lift back up each time is horribly cold and slow!
snow report
@The_Nuneaton_Nuke, @ollski2.0, are those scores your best 10 run+ Ski:IQ, top right on your home page? If so, pm me and I'll add you both into the leaderbard!
ski holidays
@swskier yes my scores are down as it was a chewed up black run on a snowy/rainy day so takes conditions Into account. I also spent the week on long 96 wide 18m radius ELAN Riptides which make carving more difficult. Hope to get back out in a few weeks and take the Stockli carvers! My previous best was 146 carving last year.
snow conditions
I got a 147 on a chopped, but soft piste last week in La Clusaz, CARV had it down as extreme ungroomed, I guess it senses lumps and bumps and adjusts accordingly, it was a higher score than expected for sure!
latest report
Managed to nip out again on my lunch break today. No improvement but did match my 151 again, interestingly the metrics were quite different today, testament to me focussing on my aft.

Screenshot-20240130-135013-Carv

Conditions and slopes not ideal for pure CARV focus, but not a bad lunch break while working! snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@KenX, told you I was coming for you Laughing 1st run this morning

Screenshot-20240204-104753-Carv
snow report
@swskier, nice one! Still trying to improve here, but temps of 14 degrees not conducive...........
ski holidays
@KenX, Hintertux Glacier the only decent place here currently to score well, but the wind did try and hinder that today.
ski holidays
I'd like to join this!

PM sent. Score is 149.
latest report
@Harry Flashman, you're on the board
snow report
KenX wrote:
@Harry Flashman, you're on the board

Not for long, the way you lot are going!
ski holidays
Managed to get up to 149 in Chamonix earlier this month Smile
https://twitter.com/skipedia/status/1753424786049368108
snow report
@iainm, well done! Amended on the board......
snow report
Actually I managed 154 last winter in Roccaraso - does that count? wink
latest report
We're taking your top score as the figure top right currently on your home page, mine was 156 last year, but got bumped down to 154 at the start of this season after the Hintertux update
latest report
Screenshot readily accepted!
snow report
Was pleasantly surprised yesterday to find one of our red runs, the Draye in Chantemerle was on form in the morning and getting better as the day wore on (a bit like my legs!)
As the temps rose, the snow was holding an edge more and more, but it was going to be a fine line between soft and grippy and soft and slushy......
Anyway I found the sweet spot around 13:00 and hit my best ever of 156 (11 turns) Very Happy
Still only 5th on the Serre Chevalier leaderboard thanks to a bunch of Italians who came raping and pillaging in February........ Sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy