Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Electric Vehicle route to the alps

Poster: A snowHead
kitenski wrote:
@Frosty the Snowman, you tend to feather the accelerator in a modern EV if you wish to avoid heavy regen...I've deliberately come off the power quite aggressively on a snowy road (albeit at low speeds) without issue.
I get that, but what happens when disconnecting the CC in an emergency?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jedster wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
@pam w, my Tesla Model Y is 49mm longer than a Skoda Octavia estate, 21mm wider and 156mm taller. So pretty similar footprint but a bit taller, and with significantly more storage. For sure a Range Rover is going to be a bigger car than the Octavia, is this what you meant by a chunky SUV? I think the Tesla Model Y is described as a compact SUV, although the term makes no sense to me as the space it takes up on the road is very similar, for example, to a Skoda Octavia and dozens of other similar cars, ICE and EV. Jane is currently driving a Skoda Fabia courtesy car as her's in in the garage being repaired, and it's way too small to be our main car.

This is one of the attractions of the model Y to us. Lots of similar cars are smaller on the inside than and Octavia estate, the model Y is noticeably roomier than the VW/volvo/BMW equivalents

The Model Y is everso slightly larger than a Volvo XC60 (although 30mm lower).

It pulls off a trick of being an absolutely massive car that gets compared for space with small family cars, when it really isn't. It's huge.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jedster wrote:
...a smaller, shorter range EV for most of our journies and keeping a roomier diesel for the few long ones.

That is where we are at the moment. Renault Zoe for local, round town and a weekly round trip (125 miles) to London and back. All of that done on home charging. Skoda Scout for Alps, longer UK journeys and taking crap to the tip.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
paulhinch wrote:
jedster wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
@pam w, my Tesla Model Y is 49mm longer than a Skoda Octavia estate, 21mm wider and 156mm taller. So pretty similar footprint but a bit taller, and with significantly more storage. For sure a Range Rover is going to be a bigger car than the Octavia, is this what you meant by a chunky SUV? I think the Tesla Model Y is described as a compact SUV, although the term makes no sense to me as the space it takes up on the road is very similar, for example, to a Skoda Octavia and dozens of other similar cars, ICE and EV. Jane is currently driving a Skoda Fabia courtesy car as her's in in the garage being repaired, and it's way too small to be our main car.

This is one of the attractions of the model Y to us. Lots of similar cars are smaller on the inside than and Octavia estate, the model Y is noticeably roomier than the VW/volvo/BMW equivalents

The Model Y is everso slightly larger than a Volvo XC60 (although 30mm lower).

It pulls off a trick of being an absolutely massive car that gets compared for space with small family cars, when it really isn't. It's huge.

Yes but I hired an XC60 and it doesn't feel roomy at all - considerably pokier than our Octavia estate. It just feels massive on the OUTSIDE. That is bad design.
A Model Y is massive ON THE INSIDE. More so than you'd expect from its external dimensions.
What are really dislike is inverse-Tardis cars and many SUVs fit this category. Model Ys actually ARE spacious.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Markymark29 wrote:
Quote:

The other complication is that I fancy a camper van (VW camper size) and taht might be our long range vehicle...

@jedster, Make sure to get a T6.1 and not the idBuzz Tonka toy wink

The idBuzz really isn't a camper is it? And EVs don't make sense for a vehicle you want to go "off grid" in. Kinda by definition Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
But actually I'm thinking about a Marco Polo TBH. I know that VWs are somehow cooler but I really don't give a monkey's about that and I think the MP is a better drive with better kit and somewhat lower prices.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jedster wrote:

Yes but I hired an XC60 and it doesn't feel roomy at all - considerably pokier than our Octavia estate. It just feels massive on the OUTSIDE. That is bad design.
A Model Y is massive ON THE INSIDE. More so than you'd expect from its external dimensions.
What are really dislike is inverse-Tardis cars and many SUVs fit this category. Model Ys actually ARE spacious.

That'll be down to the length of the engine compartment in the front of the Volvo and the extra crash structures they put in there. Volvo haven't adapted to an electric first design yet I guess. Be interested to see how the shorter noses on Teslas etc perform in a crash as the front passengers must be sat a bit further forward to create the extra internal space.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
paulhinch wrote:
Be interested to see how the shorter noses on Teslas etc perform in a crash as the front passengers must be sat a bit further forward to create the extra internal space.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnkoetsier/2022/09/07/tesla-model-y-gets-highest-safety-score-ever-in-european-test/?sh=2abf2daf4ff3
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
paulhinch wrote:
jedster wrote:

That'll be down to the length of the engine compartment in the front of the Volvo and the extra crash structures they put in there. Volvo haven't adapted to an electric first design yet I guess. Be interested to see how the shorter noses on Teslas etc perform in a crash as the front passengers must be sat a bit further forward to create the extra internal space.

See this crash test (in Chinese).
http://youtube.com/v/aDSmPV0GkPU?si=QpTnLnuvwjxgCQdz

Basically a Volvo XC60 and model Y crash head on . The XC60 structure faired slightly better probably due to having longer engine bay to absorb the shock. However in terms of the driver test result both get perfect score, the model Y got slightly better result actually.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
kitenski wrote:
DanishRider wrote:
[One more thing - I do feel more “fresh” after the EV drive, than I did in any of my old ICE-cars…. Maybe the reduced noise and the mandatory breaks?

yes 100% agree, but not sure if it's the EV or the modern cruise control etc?

I did have the same features in my Volvo and Cupra - Not sure that is why Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@jedster, never actually seen a MP conversion, presumably its a Vito? About to start my T6.1 T32 4Mo project in spring, received a build date yesterday and it’ll be here next few weeks. Got a lot of mods to do, not going to cut a pop-top in though, planning more of a overlander set up but it’s a 2-3 year retirement project so plenty to do but should be fun (and expensive) then the European/ Scandi travels can start with a view to going further once time permits! Enjoy the MP, looks like a good base van.

Apologies for thread hijack.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

@jedster, never actually seen a MP conversion, presumably its a Vito?

Yes, that's right. It's a. very similar configuration to a california really but slightly plusher base spec and the front seat environment is a bit more car like. I always think that the V-classes seem to make more convincing "limos" than Transporters. But the differences aren't big really. T32 4Mo will be nice!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So we always planned a relaxed 2 day journey back from Morzine but with two unsuccesfull attempts to charge at Autoroute services (1 place in CH with 1/2 points out of order and one in France with a queue of 10 vehicles when we arrived) we were forced onto the A road system and it was to be honest, a bit of a pain.

Slow charging speeds (no preheating - definitely won't make that mistake next car!) and a few charging spots that were nowhere near any food or toilets so you couldn't use the time in parallel rather than adding an additional stop were the major frustrations. shame as the car behaved flawlessly and is lovely and relaxing to drive, fast and surefooted up the mountains. It also suits all my UK driving and summer hols driving.

So the weakness of EVs in my experience, is for that once a year Alps trip (7.5% of my mileage), where on the peak weekend of the year the autoroute services charging system is slightly overwhelmed, you need pre-heating, and driving up France on A roads takes a looooong time (not EV-specific!).
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We`ve just done our 4th trip to Austria from York (details of the previous trips via Belgium are earlier in this thread). This time we decided to take the ferry from Hull to Rotterdam, to avoid the drive down through England to the Eurotunnel.

Details of the trip:
Drive York to Hull to catch overnight ferry leaving at 20:30 on Friday. We`d intended not to charge in Hull, but a minor admin error meant we weren`t fully charged at home, so left a few minutes early at did a quick rapid charge in Hessle to get us to 80% charge.
Saturday, drive from Rotterdam to Munich (860km). Stopped at:
Fastned, Hilden - 45KWh. This has 20 Fastned stalls, and 40 Tesla onsite, and a very good cafe
Charge On, Medenbac West services on A3. This had 4 175KW chargers, all on which were in use when we arrived, but there was an older 50KW charger available, which we used. We probably took 28KWh
Tesla, Erlangen - 37 KWh. This is in a hotel carpark with 20? stalls. I think the hotel was geared for business trade, as the bar was shut at 18:00 on a Saturday night, so we just sat around hotel reception while we charged.
Saturday night was at Arcus Hotel near the A99 around Munich. They have 3 Tesla destination chargers, and we reserved one. However, they didn't work with our Kona (the hotel had suggested they work with Teslas and other EVs), but I had a back plan to go to the Tesla superchager at Vaterstetten instead, where we took 40KWh

On Sunday we drove first to Scheffau to ski, then to Zell am Ziller (final destination). We had 28% charge on arrival

Overall, it all went well, and the ferry is way more relaxing than driving through England (though the cabin was ridiculously hot). Apart from the Tesla destination charger incompatibility, the only other issue was that I'd intended to stop at a different charger just before Nuremberg, but there were a lot of roadworks, and the Autobahn exit we needed was closed (no advance notice that I could see), so we went on to the Tesla superchargers at Erlangen - we'd aimed for 15% charge remaining, so we had plenty of contingency
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Post from a recent EV trip to the Alps (not by me)

Just back from my first EV road trip to La Plagne (France) for a family ski hol.
Covered the 1,485miles round trip in my 2020 I-Pace and spent £181 on charging at a mix of motorway and overnight chargers in French towns (plus a ‘free’ granny charge at our ski accomm).
Overall this was about half the fuel cost for the same trip made in a diesel F-Pace a few years ago. Temp for the drive was generally between 0-3 degC, with motorway cruise set at 110kmh (=c70mph), and heating on, so all pretty much worst case conditions for battery range - though still very do-able with some planning, a phone, and a sense of adventure!
Some things that worked for me that may also help others who are considering their first winter EV trip to the Alps. Of course feel free to add further tips from your own experience in the comments below.
1. Unless you own a Tesla, pre-planning your charge stops will reduce stress levels (the one leg that I didn’t plan ahead resulted in me arriving at a fast charger with just 6 miles range left - lesson learned!). I found that the Ionity, Fastned and Total chargers in the motorway service stations in France all worked really well. Shell chargers however were a total PITA (not just for me, but many others also struggled, unless they already had a dedicated Shell RFID card with them). Some Tesla super chargers are also open to non-Tesla EVs now and have competitive rates (but short charging cables!)
2. In French towns, the ‘Freshmile’ app proved useful for the local chargers.
3. Snow-socks (eg AutoSock) are an easy alternative to snow chain, at least for occasional use to get you the last few miles up and down from the mountains. Super easy to put on, but check if they should go on your front or rear tyres (on an I-Pace it’s the fronts, but other cars may vary). An Autosock certification sticker is needed for France, and that's available here: https://www.autosock.co.uk/.../autosock-tests-approvals.php
4. Don’t forget to use up any regular screenwash and replace it with neat low-temp winter stuff before your trip. The service stations in France sell it in case you need more.
5. If you plan to granny-charge at your destination, check if an extension lead and EU/UK adapter are needed. Both should be rated for 13Amp continuous use (don’t cheap out, e.g. toughleads.co.uk sell decent kit). Ask your host’s permission of course (and check the building wiring is up to it!). Remember also that you’ll lose range going uphill into the mountains, but gain much of it back when coming down again!
6. Get some silicon lubricant spray for your door-seals, door handles, wing mirrors, charge flap, etc. This will help prevent them freezing up if you have freeze-thaw conditions.
7. Don’t forget your UK oval sticker (or UK number plate identifier), high-vis vests for all, and an emergency triangle. Also adjust your headlights.
8. The Tesla super-chargers at ‘Le Shuttle’ terminal building for your trip home are also open to non-teslas, you just need their app. There are also several ‘Engie’ chargers there - I didn’t use them as I couldn’t face downloading and registering for yet another app…
9. If you’re going in or near to Paris (or a dozen or so other cities in France) don’t forget to get your Crit’Air sticker. Costs €4.76 from the official French website. It has to be ordered in advance and takes a week or two to come by post. If you’ve left it too late (as I did) don’t worry, as they also send you an official receipt by email a day or so after you’ve paid online, and a copy of this lodged visibly on your dashboard is sufficient to avoid being fined.
10. Get yourself a motorway toll TAG (e.g. from Emovis). Well worth it IMO to sail past the toll-station queues.
11. An Octopus Energy Octoverse RFID card gets you a decent discount (and even more for Octopus IOG customers), plus it saves you time faffing with apps at several of the big charging networks. It also works at many of the local 7-11kW chargers in French towns.
12. Other general things to consider for winter driving: folding shovel, cat litter (for grip), blanket, old gloves, first-aid kit, drinks & snacks, head torch, phone charger, tyre repair kit and pump, a soft brush (to remove snow), ice-scraper (or pre-heat your cabin via app if you have that Eh oh! )
Happy and safe EV travels!
snow conditions
luanb wrote:

1. Unless you own a Tesla, pre-planning your charge stops will reduce stress levels (the one leg that I didn’t plan ahead resulted in me arriving at a fast charger with just 6 miles range left - lesson learned!).

Lesson learned - EVs for long trips are a terrible idea.
ski holidays
Pyramus wrote:
luanb wrote:

1. Unless you own a Tesla, pre-planning your charge stops will reduce stress levels (the one leg that I didn’t plan ahead resulted in me arriving at a fast charger with just 6 miles range left - lesson learned!).

Sure, whatever rocks your boat. Meanwhile the EVs owners will just get on with life.
snow conditions
I was going to write up the fine details on last week's trip to Avoriaz, from Northampton, in an EV but nothing newsworthy happened. Left home with a full 260 mile range, charged when we stopped for the loo/food and at the midway hotel, then charged the night before we came back in the Avoriaz car park and then the same story on the return leg. No fuss, no drama just an effortless cruise to the mountains... just like it always was in my old Skoda diesel estate.
snow conditions
For those interested in battery characteristic, charge time, heating etc....the links give insight and reason to one of the most prominent limitations

https://www.batterypoweronline.com/news/a-look-inside-your-battery-watching-the-dendrites-grow/

https://news.mit.edu/2022/controlling-dendrities-lithium-batteries-1118
latest report
Pyramus wrote:
luanb wrote:

Picked up my Tesla last year at 4pm on a Thursday and drove to Avoriaz the following morning. No issues at all with the Supercharger network in UK and France. Can't comment on non-Tesla charging experience, but after 20,000 plus miles I won't be leaving Tesla because the network makes long distance travel stress free.
ski holidays
What is the situation regarding charging at the Tunnel in Folkestone? I read that the chargers weren’t working. I’m driving a Volvo.
snow conditions
Trip to VT from Oxfordshire in an Audi GT taking the 19:20 tunnel and arriving at the hotel at 9:30 the next morning.

charged at the tunnel - Tesla chargers open to all using their App
Then at
Barelle - Ionity - 20mins coffee and loo
Champfleury Le Clerc - Ionity - 1hr to 100% sleeping
Langres Perrogney - Ionity - 20mins coffee and loo
Macon St Albain - Ionity - 25mims snooze
ValGelon - Ionity - 50mins to 100% breakfast.

Having driven to the Alps overnight for many years in petrol and diesel cars, the only difference in the EV was the stops were used for charging (whereas previously I did half the number of stops for refueling). Arrival time was no different.
snow report
jamescollings wrote:
Trip to VT from Oxfordshire in an Audi GT taking the 19:20 tunnel and arriving at the hotel at 9:30 the next morning.

Then at

Having driven to the Alps overnight for many years in petrol and diesel cars, the only difference in the EV was the stops were used for charging (whereas previously I did half the number of stops for refueling). Arrival time was no different.

Great breakdown, thanks for sharing. I have a Tesla Model Y and haven’t plucked the courage or found the economics to do the drive as yet. If I was to do it, I would also just go for it in one. Don’t like the idea of wasting days off work in hotels adjacent to motorways. However I do understand it is likely the most sensible thing to do given the length of journey. My only reason for driving would be to take the dog which is a whole episode in itself following brexit!
snow report
jamescollings wrote:

Then at

Fully agree with this. You only choose to stop at a charging location. It is surprising how much charge you get in the car for just a loo stop!

Showing my ignorance here as a Tesla driver. Can I ask, is the Audi sat-nav etc integrated with a particular network and does it give you live data on availability of stalls / wait times etc. You seem to have preference to Ionity and I wondered how it works with Audi / BMW / Jaguar etc? Or is is just like using Zap map / Charge map and just filling up (!) on arrival and paying with card etc?

I prefer driving through the night also, but I just fear I will be too knackered to ski on the day of arrival! I am planning an early start after a hotel stop on the Friday so as to get 1/2 day afternoon passes on the Saturday arrival as a compromise.
snow report
@jamescollings, thanks . I’m new to EV driving (car isn’t even here yet) and unfortunately, my first drive will be to the Alps. I’ve downloaded all the apps mentioned on this thread (and others) and I thought that I could pay using the apps but the talk of RFID cards is worrying me slightly. Do I need one and if so, how do I get hold of one?
snow report
@rachelharrisonsmith, an RFID card is useful for some non-rapid chargers, which you'd only typically use at an overnight stop, or in resort. In transit you'd normally use rapid chargers, and the vast majority will accept contactless credit cards (or for most Tesla chargers, the Tesla app).

We have a ChargeMap RFID card, which we got by signing up on the site, and requesting the card - it'll take a few days to arrive, as it'll be sent from France. I'm not sure if we get any useful discounts using the RFID card compared to ad-hoc contactless payments, but we get charged monthly in arrears.
snow conditions
@viv, thanks - that makes sense. I’ll get one ordered ASAP.
ski holidays
My experience, over the last 6 months, is that if a charger won't take the Chargemap card it will take a bank card. There are some exceptions... often hotels and BP Pulse, that said I very rarely have to stray from the Tesla network.

I shouldn't say this but you will find that Tesla chargers will almost always be cheaper and faster. Example... Last night coming home from dropping daughter back at Uni in Manchester, Gridserve at Stafford services was struggling to deliver even close to 50kW and was charging 79p/kW, Tesla 15 minutes down the road at Hilton Park gave a full 150kW at 44p. Obviously as a Tesla driver I get a lower rate than non-Tesla drivers but I was amazed
at the difference.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Richie456 wrote:

The Audi Invar satnav is linked to the AudiCharge network. It’ll preheat the battery for super fast charging at the 150kw+ locations, but I’m not sure it does live stall-counts (I use Zapmap for that).
Overnight, I didn’t see more that 1 other car at the chargers, but I know that daytimes are busier and could involve a 5min wait
ski holidays
rachelharrisonsmith wrote:
RFID cards

I can only speak of Audi; new cars come with an Audi RFID charge card to access their preferred rate at Ionity and BP. Even without the rfid card you can still enable chargers using the Audi app.
snow conditions
jamescollings wrote:
Richie456 wrote:

The Audi Invar satnav is linked to the AudiCharge network. It’ll preheat the battery for super fast charging at the 150kw+ locations, but I’m not sure it does live stall-counts (I use Zapmap for that).
Overnight, I didn’t see more that 1 other car at the chargers, but I know that daytimes are busier and could involve a 5min wait

Thanks for the response. I did not know that and it make sense for manufacturer's to partner in this way. I just looked at the Ionity network and it appears to be very good in terms of coverage etc.
latest report
@Moorzee10, Just completed our 4th trip to alps in our Tesla Model YP - any questions feel free to ask!
Honestly its a breeze!
Final destination was Meribel. We drove part way on Friday, stopping overnight at the Mecure Hotel (which was very nice) in Beaune - Tesla chargers at Hotel.
We always do our final top up at La Lechere as this is the closest one to our final destination, its just off the N90 and really does not lose any time taking this option. The chargers sit just outside the Hotel Radiana, which is also excellent for a night stop but they also have a lovely bar area ( and nice toilets) so we sit there (in comfort) which waiting for charge. Its also alongside river so a lovely stop for a doggy walk.

There are also chargers in Dijon right outside the Kyriad and comfort inn and IBIS hotels - these were superfast even with every bay filled (they were also open to non-teslas) - they are approx 7 mins off route to get to.

We drove home in one day (on a saturday) leaving Meribel at 9am arriving at the tunnel at 8.30pm - definitely not feeling exhausted - shared the driving - regular stops certainly help - having a vehicle that is so comfortable and easy to drive makes it actually quite enjoyable!

I like to take a note at all the stops - what facilities they have, if they are a long walk to services, ATM etc. Even managed to pop into C&A while at the chargers Staint Parres, Troyes (off A26)

One of the benefits I did notice on this trip, at some services ICE cars were queueing for the pumps (takes time), then obviously it takes time to refuel, queue to pay, then move car to park to use facilities etc - we just rocked up (never had to wait to charge) plug in and thats it!!

Also - price of charging was 10c cheaper than last year.
What we saved in driving our Tesla easily covers the cost of tolls against taking our diesel Nissan Outlaw.
latest report
Great to hear the report - MYP here too for the first time - I presume you supercharged all the way down or did you use others? Did you also just let the built in Nav plan your route 100% or did you Taylor it at all knowing that some superchargers are better than others / have better facilities?
snow conditions
@Rob_Quads, yes supercharged the whole way - although last year when we had a bit of time we did try an Ionity - just to be sure we could use one if needed - it was a right faff (compared to Tesla) - and more expensive!
We did follow Tesla's route, which reassuringly follows same route as google maps - but yes we did choose certain stops over the suggested ones at times for facilities and closeness to motorways.
We would set our phones to the next stop - as a backup incase we miss a turnoff - which to be honest would be pretty hard to do - but it has happened once!
snow report
A real help to make it easier is a full overnight charge at your chosen hotel. You can then rock-up with 5% in the car and leave full again in the morning rather than continuing to "top up" via Superchargers on route. Where the hotel units are not bookable, and so may be full on arrival, we plan to have enough to get to the next supercharger on route just in case.
snow report
Dippy wrote:
@Moorzee10, Just completed our 4th trip to alps in our Tesla Model YP - any questions feel free to ask!
Honestly its a breeze!
Final destination was Meribel. We drove part way on Friday, stopping overnight at the Mecure Hotel (which was very nice) in Beaune - Tesla chargers at Hotel.
We always do our final top up at La Lechere as this is the closest one to our final destination, it’s just off the N90 and really does not lose any time taking this option. The chargers sit just outside the Hotel Radiana, which is also excellent for a night stop but they also have a lovely bar area ( and nice toilets) so we sit there (in comfort) which waiting for charge. It’s also alongside river so a lovely stop for a doggy walk.

There are also chargers in Dijon right outside the Kyriad and comfort inn and IBIS hotels - these were superfast even with every bay filled (they were also open to non-teslas) - they are approx 7 mins off route to get to.

We drove home in one day (on a saturday) leaving Meribel at 9am arriving at the tunnel at 8.30pm - definitely not feeling exhausted - shared the driving - regular stops certainly help - having a vehicle that is so comfortable and easy to drive makes it actually quite enjoyable!

I like to take a note at all the stops - what facilities they have, if they are a long walk to services, ATM etc. Even managed to pop into C&A while at the chargers Staint Parres, Troyes (off A26)

One of the benefits I did notice on this trip, at some services ICE cars were queueing for the pumps (takes time), then obviously it takes time to refuel, queue to pay, then move car to park to use facilities etc - we just rocked up (never had to wait to charge) plug in and thats it!!

What we saved in driving our Tesla easily covers the cost of tolls against taking our diesel Nissan Outlaw.

@Dippy thank you for the offer, will deffo give you a shout for more info.
snow conditions
Dippy wrote:
Honestly its a breeze!
We always do our final top up at La Lechere as this is the closest one to our final destination, its just off the N90 and really does not lose any time taking this option. The chargers sit just outside the Hotel Radiana, which is also excellent for a night stop but they also have a lovely bar area ( and nice toilets) so we sit there (in comfort) which waiting for charge. Its also alongside river so a lovely stop for a doggy walk.

Sorry this is a bit off-topic but are you the same 'dippy' who used to be on the rs246 (audi) forum ? I just ask because it doesn't seem like it would be a common username on forums.
snow conditions
@JohnS4, Nope - not me
ski holidays
@Moorzee10, happy to help
snow report
Hello all, we're planning to drive to Bourg-Saint-Maurice and stay there next weekend. Has anyony been recently and knows what's the chargers situation like there? The Elli/ABRP map is showing that there are chargers near the post office but a Google review last week says that they don't exist.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy