Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic mimic liner for Redster pro boots?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have the Redster pro 120 boots. The shells fit me well and are in pretty good shape. The liners are starting to rip and look like they've done their bit. Considering after market liners, read a bit of good things about the Mimic liners, but they are for the newer boots (mine are about 6 years old)? I think the Ultra are the 98 mm version? Also, I'm having trouble finding them on-line? Happy to hear about other options (but I'd rather keep things under 200 eur)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have just had the same issue (check out the Zipfit thread). I think the boots are 96mm and I couldn't get anything to fit in them. Comparing other liners in the shop showed up just how narrow they are. I ended up with a new pair of Atomic CS130 which are almost identical in terms of fit. They have the world cup mimic liners and they do fit inside the Redster 120 but I don't think you can buy them after market. Let me know how you get on?! The new boots are completely brilliant btw!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Deleted

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 26-01-22 20:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Listening, there is mimic and there is mimic professional, the standard mimic liner is available as an aftermarket part specifically for the Club sport (AR17 derivative 96mm last) but nobody will hold it in stock as it is not really an item that you sell, equally there is a hawx one for 98/100mm and a racing one for 93/95mm the boot you have is the old redster pro 120 which is based on the TI/STI/CS mold and 98mm
mimic professional on the other hand is the foam injection liner which you will find in stock in some stores, we hold the 93/95mm race liner and the 98/100 hawx version, but it is a £270 liner as it is foam injection
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@CEM, so you're basically saying that for my boots only the foam version would fit, and at that price we're really close to the price of the boot (I think I paid less than 400 euro). Hmm
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@CEM, thanks for the information. After skiing the CS130's for a few days now, they have bedded in well and I don't feel like they are trying to kill me any more! The pistes are hard and flat at the moment and the boots are working very well. I'm considering taking my old boots with the new liners to the EoSB if it's looking warm, as the flex will be better for the conditions.

@Listening, you're right. The price difference is not very big. There is quite a big difference between the two boots though with the new version feeling much more stiff and direct but a very similar fit.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Listening wrote:
@CEM, so you're basically saying that for my boots only the foam version would fit, and at that price we're really close to the price of the boot (I think I paid less than 400 euro). Hmm

no i am saying for that particular boot there is not a specific liner, (it is an old model, they tend not to waste money producing an aftermarket liner for an old model) the non foam versions of all the mimic liners are available but not held in stock by any store i know of, the foam ones tend to be what boot fitters hold in stock because they are a viable aftermarket option
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

but not held in stock by any store i know of

We've got a billion of 'em,
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CH2O wrote:
Quote:

but not held in stock by any store i know of

We've got a billion of 'em,

did you buy them in or have them left over from doing aftermarket liners though
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
what does "aftermarket" mean, 3pm on a Saturday?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CH2O wrote:
what does "aftermarket" mean, 3pm on a Saturday?

well seeing its mid season rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy