Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Absolute snow

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

Has anybody ordered anything from Absolute Snow recently?

My order never arrived and they are impossible to contact and aren't replying to emails or phone. I also note their mailbox is full.

I wonder if they've ceased trading or anything?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ordered with no problem in early December, but that’s maybe a lifetime ago in terms of retail.

But I see some pretty unhappy customers on faceache in the same boat as you.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not ordered anything but spoke to them last week…seemed perfectly normal, including the inability to do a special order from FullTilt, which seems to be true of all retailers in the UK at present….
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I ordered some skis from them at the end of November that arrived with no problems, but that’s a few months ago now. I hope you get some joy soon!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bought a waxing kit from them, ordered on Jan 9th and it arrived within a couple of days.
Had a few things from them in the past and they've always arrived.
I'm sure they're still trading as their marketing emails just keep coming.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I ordered from them in their Boxing Day sale (and have used them plenty times in the past). Confirmation email arrived swiftly as expected. After that, things got a bit chaotic, I speculate because they were balancing omicron-related staff shortages with a surge of Xmas and sale related orders. No updates until 4 Jan when they emailed to say the package would be delivered the following day. In fact the package had arrived before the email! So, a bit chaotic but I got what I wanted and in acceptable time, so I’m still happy and would order from them again.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm having a bad experience with Absolute Snow. They have not responded to messages sent via their website but they do occasionally answer the phone.
I suggest you keep calling them.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Order placed yesterday and just had an email confirming it is packed and awaiting dispatch.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@davkt, sounds like they may be back working then, but you weren’t put off by all the negative feedback?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nope wasn't anything expensive and have never had a problem with them in the past so thought I'd give it a go and argue with the credit card company if it didn't turn up.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
They are a bit chaotic at present - new boots arrived immediately. Bindings not so - refunded, but then asked if I wanted different colour…yes…but then poor comms and slightly tearing hair out….
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hmmh. I might keep them on the maybe list and not order anything expensive/critical.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@valais2, ordering boots on the internet? Heresy! Unless snowboarding?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ster wrote:
@valais2, ordering boots on the internet? Heresy! Unless snowboarding?

Snowboarding? Heresy!

Wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ster - good call….but the Grom nicked my Full Tilts and then is eyeing up my second pair of B&Es, and so I ordered another pair….

….what is this ‘snowboarding’ of which you speak? Not sure I understand that at all…..
ski holidays
@Mjit, …grief I just looked ‘snowboarding’ up on the webtube.

I don’t think it will catch on.
ski holidays
valais2 wrote:
@Mjit, …grief I just looked ‘snowboarding’ up on the webtube.

I don’t think it will catch on.

Strange you say that, have a snowboard learn in a day session at Chill Factore booked for youngest daughter (to give her a break from A level revision) and me, she thinks it looks rather good snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
@valais2 is quite right, we ought to Ban this Vile Killer Craze.
@davkt think on your ways sir, and go spent that money in some fine solid hickorywood 8ft6 straight skis for youngest.
snow report
@davkt, ...rather stupidly, in 2009, I bought a board and some boots and learned in a day that I really did not like snowboarding.

Frankly, it's that front edge....it just sits there waiting to pounce and throw you on the ground. Even when I am on the back edge and doing fine, I know that it will be there in just a second to have a real go at me. My daughter resolves this by never turning right. And I am not kidding.

In contrast, at age 11 the Grom said 'I think I will do some of that other form of sliding called snowboarding', and was given excellent tuition by Alaine (Swiss Mountain Sports) and a week later was carving all over the hill.

Grrrrrr.....
snow conditions
valais2 wrote:
@davkt, ...rather stupidly, in 2009, I bought a board and some boots and learned in a day that I really did not like snowboarding.

Frankly, it's that front edge....it just sits there waiting to pounce and throw you on the ground. Even when I am on the back edge and doing fine, I know that it will be there in just a second to have a real go at me. My daughter resolves this by never turning right. And I am not kidding.

In contrast, at age 11 the Grom said 'I think I will do some of that other form of sliding called snowboarding', and was given excellent tuition by Alaine (Swiss Mountain Sports) and a week later was carving all over the hill.

Grrrrrr.....
I'm giving it a go as the knee and ankle I trashed a few years ago have decided they don't like skiing anymore
ski holidays
@davkt, ...that sounds like a very good idea.

Rome Boards do a very interesting low catch edge profile, which really helped the Grom during the first couple of years (Richard Sideways' gaggle had the first two of his Rome boards) and he is now on a Mind Expander (Jones) which has a banana-shaped profile and a DOA (Capita).
snow conditions
And back to the subject of Absolute Snow I've just had the email with the tracking number for my package so all running as normal for this order at least.
snow conditions
@davkt, ....in frustration I phoned the watersports bit, which I know is in Wales, but they have access to the computer system and said....

'actually I know the guys in Watford are heavily hit with COVID and the system shows that they have been picking and packing at 4am....and yep, they have just packed your bindings...I can see that on the system...'.

Which is good.
ski holidays
Good news on your order. Mine, 3 emails today from Watford today, first about 8am warehouse chap to say he'd picked my order, 10am that it was packed and would be going to post office shortly and just before 8pm from some office chap confirming it was on the way and giving the tracking.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 8-02-22 12:04; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Have used them a few times. Up until my last order in August they were great, but my final order never arrived. Finally got a refund a month or two later, minus the delivery charge...
snow report
I've used them multiple times and have never had a problem. I appreciated that that doesn't help those that have had an issue, but just thought I'd add my feedback.

I am a snowboarder though, so maybe that gives me extra privileges Toofy Grin
snow report
@porkpiefox, …as a snowboarder you seem to get a lot of privileges…walking in comfortable shoes, carrying one bit of equipment rather than an armful of long things, looking cool, getting loads of space on chairlifts since people are terrified of boarders as they disembark, being able to sit down in a gaggle of seal-like creatures in the middle of the piste just below a rise, drifting effortlessly through powder, and sounding like a metal bucket full of cricket balls as you slide sideways down ice….
latest report
@valais2, although the contortions seemingly needed when riding a drag lift does offset the positives a bit.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nothing wrong with snowboarding. Looks great in powder. Have told my four kids am happy for them to give it a go any time. But if they do, they have to pay for it themselves. No takers so far but I live in hope!
snow conditions
Quote:

sounding like a metal bucket full of cricket balls as you slide sideways down ice

Why, that's the traditional song of our people... The ski-folk have that thing where they click their poles together, y'know, like the Morris.
snow report
@zikomo, …my posts strictly tongue in cheek…it’s great that in our family the Grom has both sets of competences…on a powder day he gets effortless surfing all over the mountain on his powder board. It’s interesting that Cody Townsend has done a few ‘Fifty’ films with big mountain boarders (on split-boards) as well as skiers. A good thing.

Since the Grom was only 11 when he started boarding (two and a half when he started skiing) I had to get to grips with all the nuances of snowboarding kit - there are some great manufacturers in the board world - Jeremy Jones, Capita, Flux - and it has been really good finding out about their philosophy and kit. Servicing is soooo different, and I have had to learn about how to hand tune complex edge forms, as well as the different approach to waxing. Fortunately we have a P-tex gun, since core shots can be quite serious on boards.
ski holidays
And now Royal Mail tell be the postie will deliver my Absolute Snow parcel tomorrow morning so everything working as normal on my order at least.
ski holidays
valais2 wrote:
@porkpiefox, …as a snowboarder you seem to get a lot of privileges…walking in comfortable shoes, carrying one bit of equipment rather than an armful of long things, looking cool, getting loads of space on chairlifts since people are terrified of boarders as they disembark, being able to sit down in a gaggle of seal-like creatures in the middle of the piste just below a rise, drifting effortlessly through powder, and sounding like a metal bucket full of cricket balls as you slide sideways down ice….

Yebbut they have earned that privilege through the award of the Order of the Well Purple Arse Bruise and Whiplash Concussion Ribbon. And of course having to master an entire new language in order to souffle their waffle weasel mustard style.
snow report
@valais2, I can do both in reality Very Happy . I learned to ski as a kid and then switched to boarding about 25 years ago. Went back to skiing when my kids started going, to help them along, but none of them need any help any more, so I'm back to boarding, which I prefer and am better at. The convenience of snowboard boots etc is offset by having to lug their kit around though, so it doesn't save me from that, sadly.

It is nice having a bit more space on chairlifts though, even if it's not really necessary Laughing
snow report
There is something very special about being in that whole 6-man line up and only you as the sole snowboarder move forward when the chair comes... Laughing

Quote:

souffle their waffle weasel mustard style

WTF are you talking about? You can't mustard a waffle weasel - you Bloot it, or maybe bloot the back half, double Greeked. rolling eyes
ski holidays
@Richard_Sideways, … Laughing absolutely…and I found myself fretting a bit when on the 4-person Cabane Du Bois lift got settled with two boarders on my left and one on my right. After being very polite with my skis and letting the boarders get settled on the footrests, I asked tentatively ‘er…are we all going to be OK at the top?…’ - much laughing and grinning, they knew exactly what I was thinking. ‘…we’re all really good…don’t worry..’ - in fact the offloading was rather like the start to an Olympic event between three boarders and a skier. Huge fun.
latest report
Richard_Sideways wrote:
There is something very special about being in that whole 6-man line up and only you as the sole snowboarder move forward when the chair comes... Laughing

Laughing
snow report
Those large detachable chairs aren't the ones that usually cause boarders problems.
It's the smaller, faster non detachable ones that have a steep offload with almost no run off that skiers need to worry about sharing.
ski holidays
Order placed Sunday using the cheapest delivery option has arrived, so at least some orders are being dealt with efficiently at the moment.
snow report
Richard_Sideways wrote:
There is something very special about being in that whole 6-man line up and only you as the sole snowboarder move forward when the chair comes... :

Are you sure there wasn’t any other reason?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy