Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What to keep? - Rossignol Hero Elite +Ti or Volkl Deacon V-Werks or Rossignol Experience 88

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A little bit of help please. Somehow with a bit of impulse buying and n+1 I have ended up with these 3 pairs of skis and I really feel as though it's one pair too many so I would like some help and critical input on these three to assist me in choosing which (if any to sell)

Rossignol Hero Elite +Ti - 167 cm - 130/78/110 - 13m radius
Volkl Deacon V-Werks --- 177 cm - 132/84/115 - 15m radius
Rossignol Experience 88 - 180 cm - 135/88/124 - 17m radius

Just come back from a week in Les Gets where the piste conditions were fabulous hard corduroy first thing softening slightly but never soft by midday hardening again in the afternoon. Skied the hero and the Deacon but not the Experience.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My suggestion (provided you like all of them):

If keeping 2 sets: The 2 Rossi ones - on the basis of Narrowest/Shortest for Piste; and Widest/Longest for Freeride.

If keeping 1 set: The Volkls.

They are all really good skis.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 23-01-22 23:58; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
£100 and I'll take the the hero elites off your hands. I'll even collect.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
swskier wrote:
£100 and I'll take the the hero elites off your hands. I'll even collect.

That's a very kind offer Laughing Laughing but one I'll pass on. If you're desperate for a pair there's some 174cm ones on fleabay for £350 Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Timc, Your height n weight?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
AL9000 wrote:
@Timc, Your height n weight?
180cm 100kg and 69 years young Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What are your thoughts?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Timc,

Is this a trick question? wink
Isn't the correct answer - Keep them all and also get some fat skis? Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

If keeping 1 set: The Volkls.

+1 … if they feel the best to you.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
They're basically all the same ski - a flavour of piste ski - just different lengths. So keep the Rossi Heroes as they're presumably the highest performing on hard snow, and sell the other two to fund something more fun for soft/3D snow.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
clarky999 wrote:
They're basically all the same ski - a flavour of piste ski - just different lengths. So keep the Rossi Heroes as they're presumably the highest performing on hard snow, and sell the other two to fund something more fun for soft/3D snow.

This or the V werks cos they are arguably more versatile then buy a 110ish ski for proper fun.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for the comments
Old Fartbag wrote:
What are your thoughts?
The Heroes and Volkls are similar, but after 3 days on each on hard conditions I can't choose between them. The Heroes are absolutely stunning on early morning steep hard piste with the natural short radius making them extremely manoeuvrable and easy to "carve" nice tight turns. The Volkls with the bigger turn radius are a little bit more work to control on steep hard piste but on slightly shallower slopes can "carve" a smooth natural stable turn at speed. I didn't take the Rossi 88s out as there wasn't enough soft/loose/powder snow, it would have been nice to put the Volkls up against the 88s.
stuarth wrote:
@Timc,
Is this a trick question? wink
Isn't the correct answer - Keep them all and also get some fat skis? Madeye-Smiley

No not a trick question. I have only very rarely experienced fresh powder so my skills are even less in the deep fluffy stuff. Since I've had the 88s I have really enjoyed the small amount of on piste and side piste powder but I don't think that I would get any benefit from wider as I have no intention of doing any serious off piste.
clarky999 wrote:

Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
This or the V werks cos they are arguably more versatile then buy a 110ish ski for proper fun.

Thanks both, I don't believe I can justify buying a 110 ski as I don't have the skills for powder and the opportunities for me to use them are very limited.
My problem is that I really like the Heroes and the Volkls, all be it for different reasons, but there is significant overlap in capabilities and I found that when I was riding the Heroes I would find a piece where I would think "Ooh the Volkls do that a bit better" and when I was riding the Volkls I would think "Ooh the Heroes do that a bit better".
Maybe that because the Volkls sit in the middle of the three that they have to go, although I would regret it, they are lovely skis.
Thanks all for your input.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Timc, It will be difficult to come to a decision until you have given the E88s a good test. They are an excellent All Mountain ski, with a greater Piste bias than many in the category.

How much time do you spend skiing away from the Piste?

If the Volkls are nearly as good as both of the others, while being more versatile than either - then that may effect your decision. If the E88s are as good as the Volkls On Piste, but better Off Piste - then if keeping 2 sets, it makes sense to keep both the Rossignols.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy