Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap, decent restaurant in Mayrhofen?

Poster: A snowHead
Looking at a holiday in Mayrhofen in March. We would normally go half-board, but would be happy to go B&B if there were somewhere we could go each evening which did inexpensive, decent food, the sort of place you could go back to every night and treat as your dining room. Any recommendations?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure what your budget is but my friends and I always enjoyed food at the Waldcafe.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It’s been a few years since I was last at Mayrhofen, but Mo’s Restaurant sticks in my mind as a nice place. Good atmosphere, decent food at a reasonable price and they often have live music - nothing too heavy/crazy.

I’m sure others will be along with more up to date recommendations.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not a restaurant, but the hot food from the butcher opposite the base of the Penkenbahn is amazing. I could happily eat that for several nights.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sugarmoma666 wrote:
Not a restaurant, but the hot food from the butcher opposite the base of the Penkenbahn is amazing. I could happily eat that for several nights.

Good to hear it’s still going. And agreed! I recall coming off the mountain a couple of times to have lunch there. Incredibly good value for money.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sugarmoma666 wrote:

Yep it's still going, great range of super cheap meals, they do have seats inside but it's more a eat and run place, can get a beer or wine tho! 2 burgers and salad and two beers is about €10.

Mount Everest up past the Bruck n Stadl would meet your requirements, lots of choice, comfortable large tables and friendly. We didn't have many options pre Xmas but that was the best we found. Note tho no ski boots allowed
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A while since I was there but there was a little Italian up a side street off the main drag, near Mos/Mannis in that area which I think was called Ciao. Nice pasta and pizzas at a reasonable price.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks, all, great recommendations so far.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Slightly off topic, apologies.

would you all avoid Mayrhofen during the SnowBombing week? Even in the surrounding villages?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
+ 1 for Mo's
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Gaz_H wrote:
Slightly off topic, apologies.

would you all avoid Mayrhofen during the SnowBombing week? Even in the surrounding villages?

I'm booked for Snowboming Gaz and I really can't see it happening again this year.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Gaz_H, I've been during Snowbombing week and hardly noticed it was on. The slopes were quiet and it was easy to avoid the venues where it was all happening.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Corky, @russ_e, thanks guys, that opens my options somewhat
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Landenhof and Perauer are good for dinner.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
All moot now anyway, as we've booked half board Very Happy . But thanks for the input.
latest report
Edelweiss Lounge. Fantastic place.
latest report
Resurrection of thread.... any where recommended for evening meal, reasonable price and kids are ages 10 - 13?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy