Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chatel off-piste guide and/or buddies wanted

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all - I’m in Chatel 13-18 Feb 2022 with the family, and am looking for off-piste guide recommendations if anyone can help?
Also happy to share a guide and/or buddy up for some off-piste adventures - I know quite a few of the more accessible routes, but my usual mates are not out that week, and I’m obviously not doing off-piste alone!
Thanks all! Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where are you thinking of going?
Savolaire, Morgins Forest, Chalet Neuf, Couloirs de Couboré, VdM?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks - when without a guide we typically did the shorter sections near the pistes, with a little hiking here and there. And sorry - I don’t know many of the names. E.g. favourite sites were off Mossettes Swiss side, then the short hike+traverse that drops in above the first blue Didier Defago run where the cafe is, various Morgin forest runs, the long-ish hike past the black at Lindarets that takes you to the flower meadows that drop back into Pre La Jou, long Cubori traverse that drops in above Brochaux, etc. I’ve skied off the back side of either Cornebois or Linga (can’t remember which) with a guide down into Morgin, which was a fantastic run, but would need right snow conditions for that one after 2-years covid induced time off the slopes… Don’t think I’ve actually skied Valee de la Manche
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you can get him then Guillaume's the man to have. Had a week with him last week and he was able to find us (patches of) soft, untracked snow each day.

Right now DIY off piste is reasonably low risk but if we get much fresh snow it's going to shoot right up - the base of the snow pack didn't get a melt/freeze at the start of the season to bond it to the ground and conditions have made a lot of the snowpack above it quite sugary so more inclinded to slip than stick with much weight of fresh stuff on top of it.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks @Mjit, any chance you have contact details for him? I couldn’t find searching Google… Much appreciated. And indeed, given there’s due to be a bit (dusting?!) of snow it would be a good option…
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy