Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

On my way. Italy via France

Poster: A snowHead
Just loaded on the euro tunnel. Very quiet. Managed to get on the train an hour early. Going once an hour. Very smooth loading, did all my paperwork via API. The French border wanted to see vac cert and test, no mention of carrying food etc. Stopping over on the way to Italy will report back on Italian border via Chamonix and the MB tunnel tomorrow.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bon voyage - be interested to know do timings / paperwork allow you to use the same paid UK LFTs to cov er the outbound journey in both countries?
Also do you need to do the Italian PLF to get in or is that just airline travellers?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You had everything printed as well as uploaded, did uploading to API help much on basis wanted to see vac cert and test?
Which LTF provider did you use?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
LFT was Testing fo All. Test at home and upload photo. Almost instant turnaround although they do quote 2hrs and no same day guarantee if done after 2 pm. All certs printed. There is a large office at the terminal to check paperwork for non API passengers.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There is a walk-in testing pharmacy in chamonix which operates 3:30 -4:30. Might try and wing it depends on timing. The pharmacy is in las Pelerins.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
In theory I will need the lot at the Italian border as I’ve been in the uk in the previous 24 hrs.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Italian border just crossed. They were stopping every car coming through the mont blanc tunnel but it was super quiet for mid afternoon. We were asked for passports, vac cert the NHS one was ok, plus LFT test cert. Nothing for the car, insurance etc. Interestingly we took a chance on the the test cert and used the one from yesterday which was 48 hrs old and so out of date. We had paper versions of all, they were unimpressed with the french pass sanitare app.
In France we were asked for pass sanitare at the services when stopping for coffee. The services were deserted.

The photos are the two apps we have on iphones for the french pass sanitare and the italian green+ pass the later we are yet to use. The other photo is the deserted motorway services.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So you did one LFT still in UK and then crossed succesfully into italy with that over 24 hrs later?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So you did one LFT still in UK and then crossed succesfully into italy with that over 24 hrs later?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@MHskier, yes. They were quite keen to see the paperwork but didn’t examine it closely. My reading of the rules was that if you had been in the uk in the previous 14 days you needed a lft taken within 24hrs. Plan B if turned back was to get one done in chamonix at the pharmacy in las pelerins. We were lucky.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@jbob, I live in the Spanish enclave of Las Pelerins!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Presumably in Halifax its called T’Pelerins, pilgrim.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
[quote="jbob"]@MHskier, yes. They were quite keen to see the paperwork but didn’t examine it closely. My reading of the rules was that if you had been in the uk in the previous 14 days you needed a lft taken within 24hrs. Plan B if turned back was to get one done in chamonix at the pharmacy in las pelerins. We were lucky.[/quote}

It's a bit late for you now, but I suspect you could have brought a Randox/Excalibur LFT with you and tested in the car park at the border....?!?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@jbob, thanks. Considering similat trip but to CH via FR
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@albob, i did the remote photo thing for the first one to France but by the time I realised I needed a second it was too late to get it delivered or I would have done what you suggest. The only reason I “chanced” it was the last time I had an administered LFT in Switzerland they almost poked my eye out and it was 4 weeks before my nose was back to normal. The remote one i had was from Testing For All was delivered the day after the order and the result was turned around in a couple of minutes. I would recommend them.
snow report
One bit of worrying news tonight is that if Aosta gets even a bit worse in cases and ITU beds they will go from orange to red which would mean shutting the ski lifts!!!
ski holidays
Delighted you've made it so far, Agent jbob, lets rendezvous at La Thuille gondola on Sunday - I'll be the one wearing a mask Eh oh! Eh oh!
ski holidays
Nickski wrote:
@jbob, thanks. Considering similat trip but to CH via FR

I've heard that no LFT will be needed for CH from the 22/1. But do check.
snow conditions
@jbob, even more thanks. I am going to leave it until the last minute, just in case of any further relaxation and to make sure I know exactly what rules apply in what country. And I'm really hoping some snow will fall in the meantime.
ski holidays
jbob wrote:
One bit of worrying news tonight is that if Aosta gets even a bit worse in cases and ITU beds they will go from orange to red which would mean shutting the ski lifts!!!

Having done a trawl of news/Twitter feeds it appears there will be some sort of meeting next week to discuss the situation & any solutions to avoid any area going red including some change to how they calculate the %’s of beds occupied. I have read they are considering removing the colour system completely. A local online paper today reports cases dropping in the region so let’s hope, bearing in mind they have only just moved to yellow this week, that they avoid any knee jerk reactions to send tourism in the area into the pan.
ski holidays
Its all about icu beds. One empties today and we are yellow. If 3/4 new one its red its finely balanced. They are trying to sort it out as its all numbers driven atm a slight change in definition and all is good. If you are in a icu bed with a stroke and catch covid in hospital you’re counted.
Been up skiing today. All very quiet. The nhs qr code works fine everywhere. Once away from the road no need for it. Its beautifully sunny but the pistes are a bit hard. Need a bit of snow.
snow report
They are keen on masks everywhere and they need to be the better ffp2 ones.
snow report
@jbob, Thanks for the local intel, it’s greatly appreciated. All being well we’ll be in Pila Sunday afternoon & just keeping everything crossed we get a full week.
ski holidays
@jbob, Thanks from me too for your reports from the front.

snowHeads continues to be a brilliant resource.

PS You were lucky! Don't think I'd have the cajones to risk that out-of-time LFT.
Not to mention the grief I'd get from Mrs agw if we got turned back snowHead
snow conditions
@jbob thanks. I'm considering driving down on a few weeks so any account of how eurotunnel and border controls are operating is greatly appreciated.

Are you travelling alone, by the way?
snow report
@garyyb, travelling with Mrs jbob. Eurotunnel very straightforward. Firstly it was totally quiet, they were running one train per hour. Before arriving I submitted three items of API. Passport details, NHS vaccine cert, and a photo of the LFT negative confirmation from testing for all. There was a special office open for those that had incomplete API so its not a show stopper but may well cause delay at busy times. We arrived 1.5 hrs early and accepted a free of charge change of train from the 10;20 to the 9;20 I was well pleased. At the UK border straight through with a glance at the passport. At the French border passports stamped, and both the NHS vac cert and LFT negative confirmation checked, we had all as paper copies which I would recommend.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy