Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpine Binding/Boot standards ISO5355 5355A??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just window shopping for Slalom Race Skis and was looking at the Dynastar Range with the R22 plate, these all seem to recommend the Rockerace bindings e.g. the Rockerace 12. Looking at this I see the following in the description here
Quote:

It's only compatible with R22 plate equipped skis and ISO 5355 A boots.

(emphasis mine)
Looking at some other Look all mountain bindings they just say ISO 5355.
I can see that the ISO standards 5355:2005 has been superceeded by 5355:2019 - is 5355A the 2019 revision?
What's the difference?

Perhaps more importantly... My boots are stamped 5355 and pre-date 2019. Given that Dynastar/Look are so specific about 5355A does that mean they are not backwards compatible?
If I buy new boots that are 5355A presumably they would be backwards compatible with older alpine bindings?
Are all new Alpine boots 5355A?

Google is not being helpful unfortunately...

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 19-01-22 17:51; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Tubaski, You could copy Henrik Kristoffersen and put Marker bindings on the things.

It looks to me from the summary that the 'A' means adult boots only.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 19-01-22 18:58; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@rjs, Thanks, I hope you're right (apart from the bit of me that hopes your wrong because I feel a bit silly for not thinking of that!)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy