Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone had success with a French pharmacie granting a passe sanitaire for over 12s?

Poster: A snowHead
or heal a
Social Care
DEU
Your Ret: RH12337
PO-1384195
Rachel Hopkins MP
By email to: rachel hopkly
20 January 2022
Dear Rachel,
Thank you for your correspondence of 12 January on behalf of your constituent, Mrs Zoe
McGonnell, about COVID-19 status certification for children.
I am grateful to you for raising Mrs McGonnelf's concerns
The vaccination records contained within the NHS COVID Pass can be shown as proof o
COVID-19 status when travelling abroad. International standards for travel require a full
course of vaccination for an individual to be recognised as fully vaccinated, However
children under 18 are exempt from certification in England and at the UK border.
Universal vaccination of 12 to 15-year-olds began on 20 September. Following the
recommendation from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation on 29
November, 12 to 15-year-olds will now be offered a second vaccination, a minimum of 12
weeks after their first.
We are aware that increasing numbers of countries are requiring children to demonstrate
their COVID-19 status. Since 13 December, futy vaccinated 12 to 15-year-olds can access
an NHS COVID Pass letter for international travel, which includes an internationally
recognised 2D barcode.
in addition, we have continued to develop digital options to facilitate travel for eligible
children, From 3 February, 12 to 15-year-olds will be able to use the NHS App and
www.nhs.uk to access their NHS COVID Pass. This will include their COVID-19
vaccinations, and evidence of natural immunity it they have tested positive less than 180
days prior to travel,
Before travelling abroad, individuals should check the entry requirements for their
destination, as requirements for testing and vaccination can vary from country to country.
Further details on entry requirements can be found at www.gox.uk by searching for
"coronavirus travel advice*
I hope this reply is helofu
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thank you both Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For anyone going away before 3rd Feb and need the QR code to get French health pass - I’ve found a solution! I managed to get an EU pass from the Geneva canton. Was emailed to me yesterday - took about 4 days but it works! And didn’t cost anything either!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great, Thankyou for this x
What email did u send to?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
https://www.ge.ch/en/covid-19-certificate/covid-certificate-healed-persons
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Stillhopeful wrote:
For anyone going away before 3rd Feb and need the QR code to get French health pass - I’ve found a solution! I managed to get an EU pass from the Geneva canton. Was emailed to me yesterday - took about 4 days but it works! And didn’t cost anything either!

Thanks. Why the 3rd feb cut off date please and what did you send them?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Because it sounds like that from 3rd Feb we can get a recovery pass/QR code from nhs service for 12-15yr olds so wouldn’t need to worry about getting it from this method. I uploaded email from nhs confirming positive result with also a print out my doctor gave me with the more detailed info on it from her positive test. Also uploaded copy passport and booking.com hotel confirmation showing our Geneva stay.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Stillhopeful wrote:
Because it sounds like that from 3rd Feb we can get a recovery pass/QR code from nhs service for 12-15yr olds so wouldn’t need to worry about getting it from this method. I uploaded email from nhs confirming positive result with also a print out my doctor gave me with the more detailed info on it from her positive test. Also uploaded copy passport and booking.com hotel confirmation showing our Geneva stay.

Thanks
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Further confirmation on teens digital pass. Announcement due tomorrow. From daily mail…

Teenagers will be able to get Covid passes for holidays abroad and testing requirements for fully jabbed travellers will be dropped early next month.

In a double-boost for half-term holidays expected to be announced tomorrow, 12- to-15-year-olds will be able to download the digital proof of vaccination, making travel in countries that require Covid certification easier. The changes will come in early February.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes but will teenagers be able to access the records if they only have one vaccination?

It seems to indicate it will only be for the fully vaccinated.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dd4 wrote:
Further confirmation on teens digital pass. Announcement due tomorrow. From daily mail…

Teenagers will be able to get Covid passes for holidays abroad and testing requirements for fully jabbed travellers will be dropped early next month.

In a double-boost for half-term holidays expected to be announced tomorrow, 12- to-15-year-olds will be able to download the digital proof of vaccination, making travel in countries that require Covid certification easier. The changes will come in early February.

Source please? Intruiged as to whether this is for England only??????

Thanks
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
That's my concern. I worry that people are thinking this is a big hurrah when all it is is online access to the certificate you get after your child is double jabbed (the one that takes up to 7 days to receive via asking by phone/email).

Jury's out as to whether this provides a qr code for single vaccinated and infection recovered.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kettonskimum wrote:
That's my concern. I worry that people are thinking this is a big hurrah when all it is is online access to the certificate you get after your child is double jabbed (the one that takes up to 7 days to receive via asking by phone/email).

Jury's out as to whether this provides a qr code for single vaccinated and infection recovered.

Except that the Maggie Throup letter says "This will include their COVID-19 vaccinations, and evidence of natural immunity it they have tested positive less than 180 days prior to travel". That sounds like a QR code for recovery - I certainly hope so!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
12 to 15-year-olds to prove jab status via NHS pass
The transport secretary says “for kids travelling to the UK”, under-18s will continue to be treated as eligible fully vaccinated passengers.

Grant Shapps says that means they "will not face any tests at the UK border".

He says from 3 February 12 to 15-year-olds in England will be able to prove their vaccination status via the digital NHS pass for international outbound travel.

Shapps says he hopes the move will help families plan holidays for the February half-term.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Very Happy
latest report
It does seem as though the app will show vaccines and/or proof of recovery, which what was needed. Sounds like great news, we'll see on the 3rd.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-open-for-travel-with-all-restrictions-removed-for-eligible-vaccinated-arrivals
snow report
Fingers crossed, looks hopeful!
ski holidays
Looks good fingers crossed not sure its going to help us though
Youngest will be 12 years and 10 weeks old when we are due to travel (Feb 1/2 Term) So cant get a 2nd jab in the UK until the week after we would be due to come back to UK
But she will older than the French requirement for double jab of 12 years and 2 months
Cant see a way round it apart from daily testing, which doesn't look easy in resort with the added factor of what happens if she tests positive
Probably delay until Easter
snow report
Further details on how to apply for teenagers vac cert

NHS COVID Pass digital service for international travel
From 3 February, children aged 12 and over will be able to get a digital NHS COVID Pass for international travel.

A digital NHS COVID Pass will:

provide a record of COVID-19 vaccinations received
show evidence of recovery for 180 days following a positive NHS PCR test
See ‘How to use the NHS COVID Pass when travelling abroad’ above.

A digital NHS COVID Pass will be available:

via the NHS.UK website for those aged 12 and over (as a PDF you can download or print)
via the NHS App for those aged 13 and over (age restrictions apply for use of the App)
To request an NHS COVID Pass, the child will first need to register for an NHS login. They can do this themselves (or a parent or guardian can help register on their behalf). They’ll need to:

register using the child’s details (including the child’s email address)
verify the child’s identity using the child’s passport
Verifying identity can take a few days to complete (although it normally takes around 24 hours).
ski holidays
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-covid-pass
snow report
Further details on how to apply for teenagers vac cert

NHS COVID Pass digital service for international travel
From 3 February, children aged 12 and over will be able to get a digital NHS COVID Pass for international travel.

A digital NHS COVID Pass will:

provide a record of COVID-19 vaccinations received
show evidence of recovery for 180 days following a positive NHS PCR test
See ‘How to use the NHS COVID Pass when travelling abroad’ above.

A digital NHS COVID Pass will be available:

via the NHS.UK website for those aged 12 and over (as a PDF you can download or print)
via the NHS App for those aged 13 and over (age restrictions apply for use of the App)
To request an NHS COVID Pass, the child will first need to register for an NHS login. They can do this themselves (or a parent or guardian can help register on their behalf). They’ll need to:

register using the child’s details (including the child’s email address)
verify the child’s identity using the child’s passport
Verifying identity can take a few days to complete (although it normally takes around 24 hours).
snow conditions
A bit of a possible heads up. We got access to our child’s NHS record through our medical centre (basically need child’s permission when 13 or over) but we then have to request access to full records which seems to be taking a long time as the GP has to grant access. We believe that we need full access to see vaccination & positive test result as the current access shows almost no info at all. I suggest not leaving this to the last week or so.
snow conditions
Mo Fitz wrote:
A bit of a possible heads up. We got access to our child’s NHS record through our medical centre (basically need child’s permission when 13 or over) but we then have to request access to full records which seems to be taking a long time as the GP has to grant access. We believe that we need full access to see vaccination & positive test result as the current access shows almost no info at all. I suggest not leaving this to the last week or so.

In our case the GP practice will not give direct access to medical records to under-16s at all - a fact we only elicited after they set up what we didn't want, which was 'linked' access (i.e. proxy access through my partner's log-in), which is not enough for our 13-y old to access his records via his NHS log-in.

I therefore really hope that access to medical records through the NHS app/web is not going to be required for obtaining QR codes after 3 Feb. I have some hope that it will not be required, since when he logs on to his NHS account, there is a separate option for a Covid pass (which currently doesn't work, saying it is not available for under 16) and access to medical records (which also doesn't work because of the GP declining to give access).
snow report
Hopefully this thread should now be redundant, since today's new electronic solution seems to be working (and doesn't require access to medical records, just an NHS log-in). So there should now be no need to try to persuade a French pharmacy to issue a certificate of equivalence, since we can do it the 'proper' way for 12y and up by obtaining QR codes for 1 jab + recovery that are accepted in France.
snow report
Has anyone actually been able to do this today? I mean with with 1 vaccination and covud recovered
latest report
Pooter wrote:
Has anyone actually been able to do this today? I mean with with 1 vaccination and covud recovered

Yes, I have, as have others - see the 'Taking teenagers skiing this winter?' thread.
latest report
@james75, I replied to your same question on the other thread. In Scotland you have been able to get the covid status app for over 13 year olds for a while. Not sure about Wales or NI. Might be a good idea to be more specific with your question regarding location.
snow conditions
@yak Chic alors!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
yak wrote:
Pooter wrote:

Yes, I have, as have others - see the 'Taking teenagers skiing this winter?' thread.

Hi Can you clarify what you've been able to do please, is just get the QR codes within the NHS app?

I've just posted on the "taking teenagers skiing this winter" thread.
Our 13/15 year olds are 1 jab/had covid.
I've got the QR codes on the NHS - is this all we need for them to be able to ski, eat in restaurants?

Thanks
latest report
jimsue20040 wrote:
yak wrote:
Pooter wrote:

Hi Can you clarify what you've been able to do please, is just get the QR codes within the NHS app?

I've just posted on the "taking teenagers skiing this winter" thread.
Our 13/15 year olds are 1 jab/had covid.
I've got the QR codes on the NHS - is this all we need for them to be able to ski, eat in restaurants?

Thanks

Yes that’s all you need, if you want add to the tousanticovid app or print out…

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Fri 4-02-22 11:34; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
The nhs wales digital covid pass works for 12 year olds and shows vaccination and recovered status. Massive relief for me.
latest report
@jimsue20040, I see on the other thread that you have got it all working, so have fun in the snow!
snow conditions
@Busymum can you provide any feedback about testing in Les Gets?
snow conditions
@Newbie72, according to her recent post in "Testing 12-15 daily in France", it looks as though @Busymum managed to get recovery codes for her teenagers, so I guess isn't needing to test.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy