Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FR side of GVA - open in Feb 2022?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I recall seeing that the passage from CH to the FR side was recently closed for refurbishment. Is it still closed?
A friend has booked a hire car from the FR side against my advice… non-flexible booking so no changes - my “issue” is whether we can actually get there from the CH side.
:no covid / vignette replies - just need to know if we can get to the FR side from the CH side in early Feb 2022?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd tell my friend to phone the car hire company and ask them?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Geneva Airport website says that you can call them for general, non-flight enquiries on 0848 19 20 20 if you can't find the answers you want on their various FAQ pages. There doesn't seem to be an email enquiry address.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The walking route through to the French sector is open as is the car hire. From the website FAQ
Quote:
I am a passenger wishing to rent a car at Genève Aéroport before returning to France, is this possible?

It is possible to rent a car at the airport in the French sector. Only passengers with a valid flight ticket for the current day (+/-1 day) are allowed to transfer between the international and French sectors and vice versa. Otherwise, to access car rental counters in the French sector, you must use the road (car, taxi, etc.), passing through the Ferney-Voltaire customs. Pedestrians and bicycles are not allowed to use the customs road.

I make sure that I meet the conditions to enter France in order to be able to reach France.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@pam w, @LaForet, @homphomp, thanks all. He’s managed to change the un-changeable and we’re on the CH side now.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I am out skiing in France next week flying into Lyon. I am hiring a car in Lyon to drive to 3V but will be dropping my wife to Geneva on the Thursday to fly home a few days early due to work commitments.

What are the requirements to enter Switzerland for the short hop to the airport?

I assume I will also be stung for a vignette/road permit to put in the car for 10km of driving in Switzerland (some times you get away with it, sometimes not!)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@NoMapNoCompass, you can get to the airport not using motorways, so no vignette

yellow option on this pdf

https://www.gva.ch/en/Downloads/Passagers/carte-d-acces_secteur-france_FR_EN.pdf
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just allow some extra time. On the other hand, if it were me flying home early, I'd try to pick up a bus from Moutiers. Surely no need for you to do the tedious return drive to Gva? Will take a big chunk out of your week.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@NoMapNoCompass, your post is on a "French side" thread - but your wife is presumably leaving on an international flight, so the French side will be irrelevant.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
bearing in mind your name - I wouldn't rely on a satnav to get you to the airport without using the Swiss motorway. Though if I were you, spending a big chunk of my ski holiday driving to the airport, I'd be tempted to buy a vignette - it's far easier. Geneva can be busy. And your ski time is precious and expensive!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bearing in mind your name - I wouldn't rely on a satnav to get you to the airport without using the Swiss motorway. Though if I were you, spending a big chunk of my ski holiday driving to the airport, I'd be tempted to buy a vignette - it's far easier. Geneva can be busy. And your ski time is precious and expensive!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy