Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Live TR - Pozza di Fassa, Val di Fassa, Dolomites 15-22 Jan

Poster: A snowHead
So i'm a bit late starting this as we're about half way through the holiday now, but here goes anyway.

We had originally booked easyjet flights and an Airbnb to Meribel, but when France stopped us coming in we ended up booking a very reasonably priced trip to Pozza di Fassa instead via Crystal ski.

We're staying in the Hotel Sas Morin, which i've got to say so far has been great. We've got a double room with a decent sized balcony and half board. Breakfast and dinner have both been great. I'd stay here again for sure.

https://www.sasmorin.it/en/

20220115-174930

Day 1

0600 flight from Manchester meant a 0145 alarm to get up and drive over from the girlfriend's sisters as she's looking after the dog for us for a week. We actually only live 20 minutes away from Bristol airport, but made the journey up north because of the dog.

Arrived at Manchester airport at 0230 with plenty of time to spare, to walk in to the departures terminal to find a queue at the TUI/Crystal desks that trailed it's way half way back to Bristol.

Bags checked in, and then of course everyone was then going through security, so by the time we did that, grabbed a drink from WHSmiths and walked to our gate as they called passengers on to the plane.

Flight ended up leaving 45 minutes late due to lack of staff I believe loading the plane.

Landed in Verona just 20 minutes later than scheduled at the same time as 2 other flights, so we had to wait on the plane 10/15 minutes before we could disembark.

Passport control was pretty slow, but was nothing in comparison to the baggage. Regular bags were already making their way around the carousel by the time we got through passport control, ski bags though probably took another 45 minutes to an hour. All in all it was around 2 hours between landing and making the way to the coach.

Sat on the coach for a good 15/20 minutes before setting off, even though we were one of the last on to the coach. Journey took around 2hrs 45mins, which was longer than usual but we did stop at a services on the way.

We had hoped to get most of the afternoon skiing in the Buffaure/Ciampac area after checking in, but in the end managed about 1.5 hours, which was better than nothing. At a cost of €19 which was the difference between a 6 day and 7 day pass, it makes for great value compared to a snowdome in the UK!

Day 2

I'd made a bit of a plan for where I want to ski throughout the holiday as i've been to Pozza di Fassa twice in the past, so was keen to see a few places I hadn't before.

So with that, we set off early doors on a bus to Passo San Pellegrino. We bought the bus passes from the hotel which are a bargain at €9 for the week. We had to get a bus from Pozza to Alpe Lusia, and then wait around half an hour for a bus up to San Pellegrino.

Piste map here:
https://skimap.org/data/4222/2205/1633539996.pdf

The idea of the day was just to get back used to skiing again. I'm on skis most weeks teaching at the dry slope, but the girlfriend hasn't skied since January 2020 and this is only her third trip.

We lapped the 303 chair for most of the morning, working on some stuff on the blues, we did venture over to the 306 chair, but that side was a lot busier with ski schools etc over there. The slopes on this side of the pass are south/west facing, so nice and sunny, and it was quite warm with the sun out, especially as there was virtually no wind.

Just before lunch we headed up the other side via the cable car, the skiing over this side was generally quite a bit trickier, especially the first run from the cable car which at the top is really quite a steep pitch which was chopped up and busy.

Had lunch did some more skiing before heading back to the side we started off on in the morning for a last couple of laps before getting the bus back.

20220116-154913

20220116-155052

GH010607-1642348642551

After a good ski, turns out I hadn't read the bus time table correctly, so we could only get as far as Moena, stopped for a drink while we booked a taxi. It's not even a 10 minute journey but they did us for €25 euros Shocked won't be making that mistake again.

Day 3

Today we did the Sella Ronda route anti clockwise (green). An early bus 0812 from Pozza to Campitello to take the cable car up.

On the way round we took a detour at Colfosco up the Edelweiss/ Stella Alpina area after seeing a video from Ustaria Posta on YouTube.

20220117-113625

20220117-113631

We managed to get round to Campitello, and continue on to Canazei, where we made our way down the Alba cable car, and back up to the Ciampac area and ski back over to Pozza.

A long day out, but great fun. Conditions were windy, which made it a bit cold at times, and affected the snow in places, but nothing too unbearable.

Day 4

After a big day out yesterday, we ended up with another big day out, this time over to Lagazuoi and the Hidden valley run.

Another early start with a bus round to Canazei, and we followed the green Sella Ronda route round to Campolongo, when we shot off towards Armentarola. From Campolongo down to Armentarola is blue run after blue run, with amazing scenery.

20220118-102247

20220118-103310

Bus ride from Armentarola up to Lagazuoi (€7) has some stunning views, and when we got up there we jumped straight on up the cable car as we had a bit of a tight schedule if we were to make it back to Pozza on skis.

Views along the hidden valley are amazing, and worth it for the trip alone. I don't personally think the run itself is anything special, but the views make up for it.

20220118-111901

20220118-115900

Made our way down to the horse tow, and they only had 1 space left on the rope, so I got to ride shotgun with the driver

20220118-122912

Headed back towards Arabba, stopping off for lunch at the La Baita Refuge at the bottom of the Pralongia II lift.

We followed the Sella Ronda clockwise route back from Campolongo, and as we got towards Canazei we realised we were pushing it to ski back to Pozza.

Got to the bottom of the Alba cable car at 1606, with 24 minutes to make the final chair to get us down to Pozza. One of the chairs in the Ciampac area closes at 1620 and we made it to that at 1619 and the final chair you need to take shuts at 1630 and we got to that one at 1627, so cutting it very fine, but it made for a lovely sunset ski down to Pozza.

The wind had died down today, so it made for a lovely day, pretty warm in places in the sun, but chilly at times in the shade.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very nice. I was in Corvara in 2019. Definitely the most stunning ski area I’ve ever been to.

Enjoy!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gorgeous photos. Oh how I love those mountains! Thanks for sharing.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Excellent trip and report plus stunning photos. Thanks. Hope to make it to San Pellegrino next week!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Beautiful photos. As someone who's visited Val di Fassa but not the Sella Ronda or Hidden Valley, it's really re-whetted the appetite! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@SteveM, its definitely worth getting up there if you can. Get the impression not many brits go up there, only heard English once from another group, which compared to the sella ronda route where there's definitely a lot more English.

There's also the women's world Cup downhill piste to have a go on. We didn't as its only the girlfriends 3rd trip, while I think she could get down it, I definitely don't think it would be of any benefit at all. That said, some of the bits on the red runs are really tricky.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A beautiful area and I am looking forward to being there at the end of Feb for the umpteenth time ...You did try the Passo San Pellrigino/alpe luisa area above Moena ..it seems a realy overlooked area buit well wort the visit . You really do have to watch the time ...We were late coming down from Selva and got caught ...the taxi fair was enormous ..luckily shared with 4 Latvians but it still cost me €60 for two of us Some friends got caught in Selva few years ago and said it was cheaper to get an hotel for the night Cool
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Alpe Luisa is a great area, small but great skiing. Me and 2 mates went a few years ago and had a blast - you have to keep doing the same runs but if you do any run its great to do them from different sides anyway. Completely empty pistes!!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fantastic photos, thanks for sharing, looks like a gorgeous trip. Looking forward to more from the second half of your week!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
SteveM wrote:
Excellent trip and report plus stunning photos. Thanks. Hope to make it to San Pellegrino next week!
the home run is one of my faves. Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Day 5

After yesterday's trip to the hidden valley, we decided to head over to the San Cassiano/Corvara area where there's a tonne of lovely blue runs.

A slightly later start today, and for the first time we started at the Buffaure lift in Pozza.

Up and over to Alba where I took the black run down and the girlfriend took the Gondola. The black run is lovely, well worth a go down there if you're over in that area, especially so early in the morning as barely anyone had been down, and they'd been making snow on there the previous evening as we went over it in the gondola returning to Pozza.

Cable car up from Alba to Canazei and we followed the green Sella Ronda route round to Passo Campolongo. A quick pitstop for a drink in the La Tambra restaurant before we were on our way on the same route we had taken for the hidden valley yesterday, but this time followed the runs right down in to San Cassiano.

From San Cassiano we took the gondola up and then skied a number of blues over to Corvara, with some nice views over towards the Colfosco/ Edelweiss area.

20220119-121351

By this time it was getting on towards 1pm, and i've been hankering for a pizza ever since we got to Italy and they're not all that common in the mountain refugios, but i'd spotted a place in Campolongo, so we started heading back that way.

Again lots of nice blues back, it was a pity to see some vandalism in the lift queues by the Vizza 2 man chair (which happens to be the slowest 2 man chair in man kind)

20220119-134323

We got to the restaurant at Campolongo, which is part of the Laguscei Dolomites Mountain Hotel, at around 2pm, for them to say the chef had finished but the pizzeria was still available. Thank heavens for that!

20220119-142609

By the time we ate it was around 3pm, so I knew we weren't going to make it back to ski down to Pozza, so we had a nice jaunt back to Canazei along the orange Sella Ronda route.

We ended up skiing down to the Belvedere gondola around 4.30pm with a nice sunset just beginning.

20220119-162727

Gondola down to Canazei and there was a bit of a wait for the bus, so a pint in the bar next door to the lift before heading home.

Another lovely day. Weather as you can see is stunning again, highest temperatures I saw at lifts was +6, but it was around -3ish as we started, and is already -3 in the town in Pozza.

The area could do with some new snow, thanks to the snow making facilities they're doing a good job, but the pistes do get really cut up by the afternoon, particularly the runs on the Sella Ronda routes. If you're looking for off piste, you're pretty much out of luck.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Excellent reports and fantastic photos,well jealous, I was supposed to be in Alba this same week but Crystal cancelled on Thursday and I’ve got lumbered with Passo Tonale. Disappointed is an understatement!!!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Looks fabulous , stayed in Pozza a few years back, a pleasant spot off the main Sella but good access over the top to Alba.
Hope there's more snow mean to be off to Corvara at the end of feb.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rizzotherock wrote:
Excellent reports and fantastic photos,well jealous, I was supposed to be in Alba this same week but Crystal cancelled on Thursday and I’ve got lumbered with Passo Tonale. Disappointed is an understatement!!!

Yuk that's a crappy trade. Evil or Very Mad

Loving the Pozza TR OP

Great location I enjoyed a week in that hotel a while back - nice place and nice people snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@red 27, yeah came here 8 years ago and wasn’t overly impressed, hasn’t got any better but at least I’m skiing again
ski holidays
@rizzotherock, That's the spirit snowHead
snow conditions
@rizzotherock, Do you know why they cancelled (other trips ran..)??
snow conditions
@albob, They said COVID in the hotel, has to shut for 2 weeks, not crystals fault I know but after 3 months of watching YouTube videos and planning itineraries it’s very disappointing!!
snow conditions
@rizzotherock, Yeah - and searching for Ski Shops !!! Smile :: Next year..
latest report
@swskier, thanks for the tr, we were there last week and it was the best week ever. Love to read your updates. Totally agree about the Vizza run, the slope is gorgeous the chairlift… u can take a nap Very Happy . Enjoy the rest
snow conditions
rizzotherock wrote:
@red 27, yeah came here 8 years ago and wasn’t overly impressed, hasn’t got any better but at least I’m skiing again

maybe do a day in MdC and a trip to Pejo for some variety ?

@swskier thanks for TR
ski holidays
@rizzotherock, I once went to Passo Tonale on a bargain deal years ago and the skiing was only interesting on the glacier and the smaller area of Ponte De Legno, the main ski area of Passo Tonale was to be honest, very boring.

I'd definitely take the Madonna di Campiglio ski away day if its on with Crystal.
latest report
Great TR! My favourite place to go! Hoping to be there at Half-term.

Best place for pizza I've found on the Ronda is Baita Fredarola, just as you drop from the top of Canazei Belvedere (Sas Bece) twd Arabba, proper wood fired oven and good selection of toppings. Da Rino in Selva was always good in the evenings.
snow report
luigi wrote:
Great TR! My favourite place to go! Hoping to be there at Half-term.

Best place for pizza I've found on the Ronda is Baita Fredarola, just as you drop from the top of Canazei Belvedere (Sas Bece) twd Arabba, proper wood fired oven and good selection of toppings. Da Rino in Selva was always good in the evenings.
That's a really good place. I remember once not being able to find it in a white-out; I was standing right outside it at the time. rolling eyes
ski holidays
@richb67, @RichardB, I’ve just skied Madonna di campiglio today, it was absolutely fantastic, chalk and cheese compared to Tonale, great tip thanks Laughing
snow report
@rizzotherock, yw.

My first Italian ski trip was PT, we chose it because it was cheap and improver friendly as I was still on blues, we had a good holiday but didn't want to rush back. I was working with a team based in Milan at the time and when I told the main guy we were going to PT he looked at me like I was mad and basically just said, "no go to Madonna di Campiglio", many Milanese pop into those resorts for day trips so know them all really well. The following year I followed his advice and in 9 days (!) we'll be back for our fourth visit so it's good to hear it's nice there at the moment.
latest report
@richb67, it really is amazing in Madonna compared to Tonale, the pistes and snow conditions are perfect, skied as much as I could in one day and everywhere was fantastic, you’ll love it
snow report
@luigi, think I ate in there when I was last here in 2011. Certainly felt like I recognised it as we skied past a few times this week.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Day 6

So today was supposed to be a bit of an easier day, but the plan was to head over to the Seceda area above Santa Christina, the sunny side of Val Gardena so all the signs say.

Took the bus from Pozza to Campitello and ended up on the first cable car up.

Started following the orange Sella Ronda route round, and as you hit the fairly flat blue piste just past Riguio Passo Sella I was skating along and pushed off on my left foot and tweaked my knee. No idea what really happened, and I was able to ski fine all day, but I can't put enough pressure through my left leg and foot to really get the right turns going. It's not particularly painful, but there's enough of a pain there to remind me.

So we followed the blue run right down to the Piz Seteur 1 gondola, skipping the Piz Seteur/Sole chairlift that the orange Sella Ronda route says you should take.

We hopped off the Piz Seteur 1 gondola at the middle station expecting to find the Comici 1 chairlift there, but turns out it's about 100 metres away up a bit of a hill. So a short walk up had the legs nice and warm. We ended up lapping the Comici 1 a couple of times going through the fun park with the car in there.

GH010621-1642712672501

We then chucked a left by the Comici 2 lift down a blue run to the 2 man Tramans chair. A beautiful run with no one else on it, and great views of the Sassolungo.

20220120-094248

After that we headed to Santa Christina down the Sassolungo black run that is used for the Val Gardena downhill. Was the girlfriends first black run, and she did a great job down there, and to be honest, we'd skied harder red runs this week than that run.

Headed up to the top of the Seceda area where the wind had picked up and it was -7.8 degrees plus wind chill so pretty cold but the views were fantastic.

20220120-112350

We lapped the Fermeda chair a couple of times before heading down the La Longia run. Back up the gondola and then cable car before we headed to the Troier hut for lunch.

We then worked our way back over towards Campitello along the green Sella Ronda route, and carried on down to Canazei where we worked our way down the Alba cable car and up to the Ciampac area and over to Buffaure to head back to Pozza.

Quick pit stop in the Buffaure Rifugio

20220120-154948

We then had a lovely run down to Pozza as the sun was starting to set, which gave some amazing views on the home run

20220120-162404

20220120-163455

Another lovely day, probably the coldest day we've had, and what was supposed to be an easy day out ended up skiing 0830-1630 and 50km's of skiing.

Final day tomorrow and i'm really wishing it wasn't!
snow report
You have certainly clocked up some miles !! - I think the Dolomitisuperski app/website will be able to tell you all the details
ski holidays
albob wrote:
You have certainly clocked up some miles !! - I think the Dolomitisuperski app/website will be able to tell you all the details

Yeah, input the lift pass number and it'll churn out all the stats.
snow report
swskier wrote:
We ended up lapping the Comici 1 a couple of times going through the fun park with the car in there.

Some poor Swedish guy is wondering whatever happened to his Volvo estate! Laughing
snow conditions
rizzotherock wrote:
@richb67, it really is amazing in Madonna compared to Tonale, the pistes and snow conditions are perfect, skied as much as I could in one day and everywhere was fantastic, you’ll love it

How does Madonna di Campiglio compare to say Selva?

I'm a Val Gardena veteran but am considering a few days in MdC in February. I like to ski the Dantercepies, Ciampinoi and Sassolungo reds and blacks, they'd be my definition of ideal skiing.

Apologies for Shanghai-ing the thread.
snow conditions
Already thinking where to go next year,
I have done canazei twice but never skied s.pellegrino or caressa and pozza looks perfect for exploring both areas.
What did u think of them? I like blue/ red long runs , but they seem on the short side.
Also how did u find the transport. I read that you missed the last bus home , is it straight forward to go to s pellegrino or you need to change at Moena?
latest report
Day 7 - Final day

That time had come and today was our final day.

Forecast was for about -10 degrees and wind chill down to -15 so we weren't going to venture too far away as we might need regular stops, particularly as the girlfriend feels the cold, particularly in her hands.

We set off around 9am up the Buffaure gondola in Pozza and the hotel opposite was showing -6 degrees. Up and over to Alba. As we got over to the Ciampac area, the last restaurant before the gondola down to Alba in the shade was showing as -11. This time round the girlfriend took the black run down rather than the gondola, which was good, her confidence and skills are really starting to build up.

Up the cable car to Canazei, and then we followed the orange Sella Ronda route round to Campitello with a pitstop in the Passo Sella rifugio for a hot chocolate warm up with great views of the Sassolungo.

20220121-111540

We then headed down towards Selva, but only as far as the Piz Seteur 1 gondola. Again we followed the blue run past the Piz Seteur/Sole chairlift, rather than following the Sella Ronda route, as they come out in the same place, and the blue run down is lovely and very quiet. I really would recommend that run rather than taking the chair.

We then lapped around the Sotsaslong and Comici 1 chairs, there's a boarder cross course, GS course and a few fun park runs which we played around in, as well as using the blue run under the Comici 1 lift for the girlfriend to practise carving on a nice blue run, that is fairly gentle.

Again we also took the blue run down to the Tramans 2 man chair, which on this occasion wasn't very nice as it had been battered by the wind, so was just pretty hard packed and icy.

From the top of the Tramans chair, we skied right down to the Piz Seteur 1 gondola and then stopped for lunch at the Piz Seteur Rifugio.

This rifugio is massive, and is a self service type place, and I loved it. Food was lovely, with loads of choices.

I had what was described as ham and potatoes with eggs, which was essentially tyroler gröstl.

20220121-130122

I was though very tempted by the Antipasti...

20220121-125508

A couple more laps around that area before we started making our way back over towards the Alba cable car in Canazei, taking the green Sella Ronda route.

When we got back up to the Ciampac area the same restaurant was now showing -12 in the shade, and the next 3 chairlifts were all in the shade, which made for a very cold journey back over to Pozza, but some nice views along the way.

20220121-160720

20220121-161831

The nice thing to the ski back to Pozza is, once you're at the top of the Pala del Geiger chair, it's all downhill to Pozza, and a good 10/15 minutes or so of skiing, with no stops.

And with that the skiing was finished.
snow report
sean1967 wrote:
rizzotherock wrote:

How does Madonna di Campiglio compare to say Selva?

I'm a Val Gardena veteran but am considering a few days in MdC in February. I like to ski the Dantercepies, Ciampinoi and Sassolungo reds and blacks, they'd be my definition of ideal skiing.

Apologies for Shanghai-ing the thread.

having skied extensively in both my opinion .. and it is only an opinion .. is that Val Gardena is more testing than MDC but I did like the place and there are some really nice runs but its more of a red place but I really enjoyed it ..it has good vibes Cool
snow report
Travel home and final thoughts

Flight home to Manchester left at 1105, which meant Crystal had arranged to pick us up at 0530. As the coach can't get to the hotel, it's a couple of minutes walk from the hotel to the main road for the collection point. Coach turned up about 15 minutes late, which made for a chilly wait.

Verona airport was as "efficient" as ever. We ended up leaving 1 hour late as a number of passengers couldn't get through check in and security, and then the baggage handlers couldn't get our luggage and skis on quickly enough. Not my favourite airport it must said, I can't really think of any positives about it, although it's not helped by Crystal/Tui arranging 3 flights to leave within 5 minutes of each other, Gatwick, Birmingham and Manchester, as it just makes for a massive scrum.

Manchester aiport on arrival though was much better than when we flew out the previous Saturday. 45 minutes from landing to jumping on the bus back to the car park. A reasonably long queue at the passport check, but bags and ski bags were already waiting by the time we got to the luggage hall.

A lovely drive across the peak district that we didn't get to see in the dark the previous Saturday, collected the dog from the sister in laws, and then headed back to the South West.

A long day as we got home at 9pm having got up at 0445 CET.

Overall though, we had a fantastic week.

Hotel Sas Morin was lovely. Location wise it was a 5/10 minute walk to the lift, but they had a VW transporter to run you up and back if you wanted. We walked most of the time. Room was a nice size, and had a decent sized balcony.

Food in the hotel was good, breakfast in particular was fantastic.

The skiing was great. They had some snow around 10 days before we arrived, and the dolomites are well known for their snow making facilities. They do need some new snow though. The fake stuff really cuts up and leaves a very hard packed and icy base, which makes for trickier skiing in the afternoons. Not a massive issue for me, but the girlfriend on her 3rd week skiing wasn't a fan.

Was great to ski some new areas that i've not really seen much of on previous trips and we both really enjoyed our time.

We will definitely go back to the dolomites again, although having now done Pozza 3 times, i'd like to stay in either Selva or Corvara to try and see more of those sides of the area. Would also be nice to see some of the areas outside of the Sella Ronda region.

We also both really enjoyed the hotel experience. Most of the time I book a cheap Airbnb in France for a few reasons, one being availability of flights in to Geneva. However, it was lovely having someone cook our dinner, and if anything it cost us less than the trip we had to Meribel booked, even with cheap flights and luggage.

The only thing I don't like about the package holiday experience is the travel. Particularly the transfers, as they seem to be a lot more time consuming than on a DIY trip using people like Alpybus.

Now 53 days until our weekend break in Morzine in mid march, and it can't come quick enough!
snow report
@Harrow lady, Pozza is not as convenient for Sella Ronda skiing, that's for sure. But getting up to San Pellegrino wasn't too bad. We took a bus to Alpe Lusia, and then had to wait for another up to San Pellegrino.

In terms of missing the bus back, it was partly my fault for not particularly paying attention to the bus time table, but also, they didn't seem to be running all the buses that were on the timetable.

There was a number of buses with a cross at the top of the time table which suggested that they don't run early in the season and right at the end of the season, but they also didn't seem to be running when we were there, possibly they canned them due to covid and the place being quieter?

Pozza is nice, it's fairly quiet, although there's a bit more there than i remembered from previous trips. Now there's a Cable car from Alba up to Canazei, this makes a huge difference, as it negates any need for a bus to get to the Sella Ronda area, albeit, its a slower journey than nipping up to Campitello or Canazei on the bus.

We didn't ski Carezza, however some of the people on the tables by us at dinner did and said it was nice, although not a big area.

The runs at San Pellegrino weren't overly long, but again, if you're just going for a day or so, then there's enough to go at.

Personally I won't intentionally stay in Pozza again, but that's because i've been there 3 times now, and would like to explore the other areas more, which being on the side of the Sella Ronda Pozza is, makes it a bit difficult. For example haven't skied La Villa or Alpe di Siusi yet.
snow conditions
Thanks for your reply regarding Pozza it could be a good base to discover new slopes,
The husband loves to stay in out of way villages we are considering maybe going there or somewhere in ski circus. For me , is all about the slopes and the convenience. I love motorways skiing.

We stayed in suisi village some time ago, really cute, the slopes are easy not sure why they are classed mainly red. Still a perfect place to go for a day of easy skiing. La Villa is a posh resort, all the hotels are 4*s or 5*.
I was in chalet with inghams, felt a bit like the poor relatives. Again perfect to go for a day but I wouldn’t base ourselves there again.
snow conditions
@Harrow lady, Pozza could well work. The skiing there isn't extensive, but it's incredibly quiet!

You've got Vigo/Pera just over the road at the bottom of the Pozza village. Plus Lusia, San Pellegrino and Carezza. That's 4 days of the week sorted without even touching the Sella Ronda.

Also a little bonus of night skiing on the Aloch lift in Pozza on Wednesdays and Fridays until 10pm if that's your thing.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy