Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UK Airport travel feedback

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Travelling out soon via Manchester airport and just wondered the level of delays (if any) people had experienced. Crystal Ski recommending 3 hours arrival prior to departure, is that really necessary?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes !!

Posted elsewhere

".Journey over seemed to just be delays the entire way:
Huge queue at the TUI/Crystal check in at Manchester Airport
Flight delayed 45 minutes due to bags taking ages to be loaded.
Wait at Verona on the plane as a number of planes landed at similar times
Long queue at passport control
Long wait for skis in the airport.."

======
"....Just arrived in Campitello di Fassa this afternoon. Travelled with Crystal from Birmingham to Verona, should have been a 6:30 flight but we did not push back until 7:05. Check in was not good, very crowded with 3 flights due out within ½ an hour. Many of the self check in machines were either not working or playing up. Covid jab status and fit to fly LFT certification checked while in the queue. Landed at Verona about ½ an hour late but we were kept on the aircraft for another 35 minutes as the arrivals area was overloaded. Quite a queue for the passport check which did move quite well, passport stamped as well but no check of the EU PLF form. ..."

==========

Have a search of the forum, there have a few reports over the last week ( try Birmingham or Manchester)

I always arrive a least 3 hours before departure

If you are on a 6.30ish flight, normally there are 3 flights departing around the same time = big queues...

Oh -- and Welcome...!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That’s great - much appreciated. Early start then!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Travel isn't as quick as it used to be all round....especially via Manchester. I've had to wait for about 90 mins both ends of flights for baggage, been kept on a flight for 60 mins due to no ground crew, waited on a coach in airport car park for nearly 2 hours by Crystal ski staff whilst they tried to locate 2 travellers.

Just give yourself more time and expect the process to be longer and more stressful than usual.

Other than that its a breeze snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I travelled in august via Manchester and allowed about 2.5 hours. It was enough despite being right at the back of the queue but people are annoyingly slow and despite quite clearly being able to overhear what’s required 2-3 families in advance, it was incredible just how many people appeared surprised by the need to show test results/PLF/ticket/passport etc and then spent the next 5 mins searching their phones/pockets/bags for the paperwork. If you have everything to hand you’re through in seconds. Unfortunately it’s mainly disorganised people causing the long queues!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Skisue wrote:
Travelling out soon via Manchester airport and just wondered the level of delays (if any) people had experienced. Crystal Ski recommending 3 hours arrival prior to departure, is that really necessary?

Arrived at Man 0630 Sat 8th Jan for Swiss (0840hrs dep schedule). Maybe 10 mins at check in, no delays through security. Actual departure at 0915hrs.
Friends recently went out with TUI (Crystal) and suffered a 12 hour delay on flight from Manchester. I've used TUI in the past occasionally, always had long delays, I avoid them.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We flew to GVA from Manchester in mid December, never seen security so quiet, still a faff as imo Manchester security is one of the worst run I've ever experienced, but relatively guick.

Flight slightly delayed by missing passengers.

At GVA passport was well manned, with most desks being for non EU passports (as they knew it was a UK flight coming in) and getting through pretty painless.

February could be VERY different.

EDIT: Should add, no bags so no check in experience.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Skisue, I flew out on Sunday to Turin with Crystal TUI, arrived at 04.25, 3 hrs before flight as advised by TUI, the snake line was half full, and took about 25 mins to get to the check in desk, and sorted in 5 mins, agent asked me for proof of all three jabs so had to log on to my NHS app ( no idea why they needed this as if you have a booster, you must have had 1+2 jabs), might be worth printing all three to speed up the process. By the time I left the desk the que was twice the size, so I’m glad I was there early. I had tried to do the online check in on their app the day before but it stated it had closed.
Whilst is a pain being so early, I’d much rather get in and sorted with time to spare rather than rushing and the stress it can cause.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@geoffknight, many thanks as that is exactly the route and flight I am taking. Where are you skiing? Scared to ask but how is the snow?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Out in Norway last week at Trysil, flying via BA and Heathrow T5 on Sundays.

No issues at all. Terminal wasn't very busy on departing, empty enough on arriving. We walked straight through passport control on way home, no queues.

Same in Oslo, not asked for vaccine certificate at all. Only asked for PLF and evidence of vaccination when checking in for BA flight back to UK.

On arriving back in UK we had all our vaccine certs printed out, but was never asked for them, or for the UK PLF.

Overall I was pleasantly surprised.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BHX wasn't at all bad on our early flight out to Italy between Christmas and New Year. Arrived 2 hours beforehand, bit of a check in queue but nothing terrible and plenty of time for breakfast after security.

Coming back was another matter - we were on a package and the Crystal transfer got us to VRN airport 2 hours before - only 2 staffed check in desks per TUI flight, paperwork being checked at a microscopic level, and despite security not being that bad, the flight was delayed about 30 mins just so they could get people through. Oh, and orderly queueing for check in... well I'll leave that to your imagination...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy