Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Candide Leaving Faction

Poster: A snowHead
Candide is leaving Faction Skis...

https://factionskis.com/blogs/news/thank-you-candide

...Presumably to make his own skis to go with his outerwear line? And wasn't he doing something with some old Salomon boot moulds too..?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
He's done very well at putting them on a global stage in a world in which few sports endorsements actually mean anything. I remember skiing in the US in 2010 when the pair of 3zeros (Actually the old Thirteens which morphed I think) I had was somewhat of a curiosity - now the skis are semi ubiquitous there, especially the CT range.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Clarky …WHAAAAT! Surely he has them bolted directly into his feet…..it’s been sooo long ….
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Now I assume that the ‘boot mould’ must be the excellent X Wave lasts? Or something else?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
valais2 wrote:
Now I assume that the ‘boot mould’ must be the excellent X Wave lasts? Or something else?

I think CH20 said the Ghosts..? There's a thread about it on here somewhere anyway!

Edit: looks like mis-remembered: it was the Ghosts, but it was Faction/Full Stack who bought the mould... https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=156844

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 17-01-22 17:14; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
“We wanted to give you a heads up on a press release we’re sharing today; this season (21|22) will mark the last of Faction Skis’ 10-year partnership with Candide Thovex. This has been the outcome of careful conversations we have had with Candide and his team over the past year and has been included in our forecasting as a business for some time.

The fact that both Faction and Candide will complete this decade-long milestone of partnership with high expectations for the future is a testimony to the quality of the relationship and we wish him the best in his next endeavors.

Candide has played a powerful role in the brand’s growth and development and we would like to thank him for the partnership since 2012 that enabled Faction’s skis and shapes to become well-known worldwide.
We also thought we’d briefly touch on this update from a commercial perspective for some added context.
Bringing Candide on board was a major step forward for the brand and over the course of our 10 year partnership, Candide has played a big role in helping establish Faction as a leading freeski brand.”
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Maybe the delams eventually wrecked the lads head. wink

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 17-01-22 19:07; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I’ve watched the videos of Candide posted on YT but never seen any mention of a ski manufacturer and I’ve never heard of Faction. Maybe their advertising isn’t great. Maybe I just don’t pay attention to the ads?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I came across the brand thanks to I believe @clarky999 who provided recommendations for a ski rental shop in Innsbruck to my query on SH. I went to the shop who recommended a pair of Faction Dictator 1.0 which they ensured I would like - described as “great fun” but I was very dubious of the “wide” 86cm width and had never heard of the brand (or Candide). Anyway a few years later I now own four pairs as they were “great fun”.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
https://images.newschoolers.com/images/17/00/75/11/28/751128_926w_640h.jpeg
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
https://www.mensjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Screen-Shot-2016-02-23-at-11.24.42-AM.png
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
https://weandthecolor.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/2.jpg
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Red león.....you probably are looking at something else in shot....
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ozboy wrote:
but I was very dubious of the “wide” 86cm width

Crikey that'll be stable
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mollerski wrote:
Maybe the delams eventually wrecked the lads head. wink

This. I know a number of 'shareholders' (or whatever they're called following their crowd funding/mini floatation thing a few years ago) that are no longer buying them. IIRC they've been made in a different factory every season for the few years with the current 21/22 skis being made by Atomic.

Candide was most certainly synonymous with Faction but they're just another corporate brand now that he and the founder have gone.
snow report
Candide might have left as he became too expensive to keep on the payroll, but Faction have played a winner sponsoring Eileen Gu who will be the poster athlete from Beijing games and beyond in the biggest emerging market and segment.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy