Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Lessons Avoriaz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Long time lurker, first time poster!

We're a group of six travelling to Avoriaz in the first week in March. Two of us are experienced, the other four are beginners.

All of the beginners have had lessons in the UK. For what it's worth they look fairly confident on the indoor UK slopes (slow but early parallel turns, control speed well etc).

I'm fully aware that there's a jump from the indoor slopes in the UK to the real thing on the mountain and therefore I'm looking to get them booked in for 2/3 hours of private tuition on their first day of skiing. Essentially to try and transition them onto real snow, a real mountain etc.

I thought hiring a instructor for a few hours would be relatively straightforward, however most of schools seemed geared up for multiple days and don't seem to cater for one off sessions.

Is there anyone who could give me some pointers?

Thanks

Matt
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try BASS https://www.britishskischool.com/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd be interested in an answer to this too, as I'm off to Avoriaz in a few days and would like to get my wife some lessons to shake off the rust. So if anyone knows of a patient, charming, and fun instructor there I'd be keen to know. Cheers!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy