Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A warning to all , so sad , accident in Flaine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
under a new name wrote:
@valais2, so your straightlining freind is not only an idiot but a proudly crap skier?

Voted "leave" I presume?

That is harsh, and quite strange. What on earth could any of this possibly have to do with Brexit? Or are you trying to suggest that anyone who voted "leave" is both an idiot and a crap skier? I was and am opposed to Brexit, and the falsehoods surrounding the campaign. But I do not assume that all "leave" voters are complete idiots. How hard is it to disagree on something but still have a basic respect for the opinions of others?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@zikomo, the guy @valais2, was referring to.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@zikomo, perhaps just very poor humour? My experience is that that sort of behavious is well correlated with such political views. Equally, ai have some very smart friends who voted leave for very sound reasons.

Anyway, wilful topic deviation on my part. My apols.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 10-03-22 12:53; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
zikomo wrote:
What on earth could any of this possibly have to do with Brexit?

The common factor to me is making poor risk assessments.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
under a new name wrote:
@valais2, so your straightlining freind is not only an idiot but a proudly crap skier?

Voted "leave" I presume?

What a totally stupid comment....so does that mean you voted Leave too?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
valais2 wrote:
Weirdly, in CH we had a year (around 2017) of young people on fully rockered twintips straightlining the whole resort at Warp Factor 11, sitting on the tails of the skis in a semi-butter. It was just constant. And lethal.
...)
From being endemic, it all stopped the next season....no idea why the mass behaviour came and went as it did....

Can't help but think Candide is at least partly responsible for this. Many of his videos seem to feature him hooning down bumpy, chopped up run outs in a similar manner, often very close to apparently random* skiers. Don't get me wrong, his skiing and segments are often jaw dropping and his skills are another level. But if you don't stop to think and realise that the settings are staged, then it looks like he's just skiing in resort amongst mere mortals like us.

*I can't believe they are actually random members of the general public, and if they are then he takes incredible risks with others' wellbeing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy