Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

tignes - really only 2 shared transfer companies from GVA

Poster: A snowHead
Searched on SHs and Googled and seems there are only 3 companies normally doing the Geneva airport - tignes shared transfer thing, and Alpybus isnt starting this year until Feb. Bens Bus times are pants for my flights and Altibus Im a bit nervous with it being scheduled eg late flight would leave me no other option. Surely there are other companies doing it - any experts out there can add a suggestion please, thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snowdrone also do shared transport minibuses otherwise you are looking at a private transfer.

I'm afraid its a case of checking transfer times before looking at flight times.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bitoffluff wrote:
Searched on SHs and Googled and seems there are only 3 companies normally doing the Geneva airport - tignes shared transfer thing, and Alpybus isnt starting this year until Feb. Bens Bus times are pants for my flights and Altibus Im a bit nervous with it being scheduled eg late flight would leave me no other option. Surely there are other companies doing it - any experts out there can add a suggestion please, thanks!

You could always catch the train up to Bourg St Maurice then the navette up to resort.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
oooh, never thought of that, 3 changes minimum makes it a huge journey, but thanks for the idea

sugarmoma666 wrote:
bitoffluff wrote:

You could always catch the train up to Bourg St Maurice then the navette up to resort.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 16-01-22 12:45; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@bitoffluff,

Contact the private hire companies they often have spare seats they will sell.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
another useful back up idea - i guess in current "situation" they maybe less willing than normal, but worth a shot

stewart woodward wrote:
@bitoffluff,

snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
www.findtransfers.com is amazing! We use it all the time. Companies send you quotes. It's normally when they're dropping off at the airport you arrive in to and they're heading back anyway.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
www.findtransfers.com came back to me quickly (within a dog walk) with a transfer (snow-drone) on a Saturday for next day trip to the PSB which I had given up on attending with the Swiss PCR fiasco. Give them a whirl!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@stewart woodward, I'm trying to get from Chambery to Montchavin by shared transfer (with the train as a last resort), but nobody seems to offer it this year. All the companies are doing private transfers, and when I say I'm happy to jump in a spare seat if a private transfer going to the same area and bring the cost down a bit, they all say there's nothing suitable. I think it's more that they don't want to ask their private transfer customers if they'll consider letting somebody join them.
Quote:

snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@rhythmpig,
Quote:

www.findtransfers.com is amazing! We use it all the time. Companies send you quotes. It's normally when they're dropping off at the airport you arrive in to and they're heading back anyway.

Again, they're all coming back with private transfer prices of 300-400 euros. I just want to give somebody 50 euros, 100 euros, whatever it is, and jump in a minibus with other people going the same direction. It used to be so easy, and now I'm going in 3 days and still not sure how I'm getting to resort! (sorry, this is for Chambery to Montchavin)
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Aleutian wrote:
@rhythmpig,
Quote:

Again, they're all coming back with private transfer prices of 300-400 euros. I just want to give somebody 50 euros, 100 euros, whatever it is, and jump in a minibus with other people going the same direction. It used to be so easy, and now I'm going in 3 days and still not sure how I'm getting to resort! (sorry, this is for Chambery to Montchavin)

Ah shame, this was a year ago now, so I have found transfer options and costs have changed quite dramatically this year. They've definitely increased in price.
We ended up getting 2 buses and a train to transfer from tignes to meribel as transfers were quite a lot. In the end, it wasn't a bad journey and made a huge difference cost wise. I found on the private transfers I've booked there's a box that says "I would be happy to share this transfer". Perhaps less people are offering to share with Covid etc?

Snowdrone and alpine fleet often sell spare seats on popular journeys, but maybe give the train a go if its your only option Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There’s another new shared transfer service in town now: www.dartbus.co.uk and because I’m a snowHead we offer discounts to other snowHeads too. We have transfers between Geneva and Tignes, Val d’Isere and the resorts up to Val Thorens on Saturdays during the season and as well as the tickets being flexible, the transfers are all without connections.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Try - https://www.blablacar.co.uk/

Its a ride sharing app, but a real one, not a fake taxi service
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BlaBla is excellent just don’t bring too much luggage or if you are make sure the driver has space!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
beware if you want to leave val to geneva airport any time between 7.45 and 11.30, only snow drone does it (or at least says it and might actually do it), and not surprisingly those transfers fill really quick, so if you book likes of Bens Bus and they change transfer times at late notice you end up with no option but looooong wait in the airport and your relaxed return start time turns into a mad apartment cleaning sess at 5 in the morning, grump over
snow conditions
@bitoffluff, Ben's bus tend to change times because traffic conditions are expected to be really bad. Leaving Val for Geneva between 7.45 and 11.30 on a Saturday in February can easily mean a 6hr+ journey. Leave Val at 0830 on a busy Saturday and you'll probably miss, say, a 1400 flight.
ski holidays
Bus times are the way they are to ensure driver hours can be adhered to, but also it should be noted that killing an hour or two in the airport is always preferable to risking missing a flight.
snow report
@Kaiser, Hope your up to it. Just referred a friend for a GVA-Tignes-GVA later this month. I don't fancy having to go and get them myself wink .
snow report
@GeorgeVII, thank you for the recommendation! Worst ways I’ll give them a piggy back home Eh oh!
snow conditions
Kaiser wrote:
There’s another new shared transfer service in town now: www.dartbus.co.uk and because I’m a snowHead we offer discounts to other snowHeads too. We have transfers between Geneva and Tignes, Val d’Isere and the resorts up to Val Thorens on Saturdays during the season and as well as the tickets being flexible, the transfers are all without connections.

@ Kaiser Seems to be a problem with your website. Bus timings and Book now pages not loading
latest report
Hi @nahdendee, can you send an email to info@dartbus.co.uk and I’ll look into it! It sounds like you may be choosing a date we don’t operate on…
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy