Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Covid testing - Les Gets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is anyone on here local to Les Gets?

Planning to travel at helf term (I know!) with a single jabbed 12yr old who I think (waiting for clarification of the rules) is likely to have to test every day. Is there just one pharmacy in Les Gets (I have read the articles from the Morzine Magazine website which says there is one pharmacy in Les Gets but you cannot book appointments, its walk-in only). Given it will be half term, I have visions of spending most of the holiday in some sort of queue with her (and then praying for a negative result). Hoping everything might change beforehand which means this won't be necessary, but if anyone has any advice about Les Gets, that would be great. Many thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't live there, but I have been every year for about the last decade. There is only one pharmacy that I know of in Les Gets (and I have had to frequent it several times!).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you - but Crying or Very sad what a nightmare!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't suppose there's any chance of a walk in jab between now and then?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Major worry is that yes, France is open, but the resorts will be completely over-capacity for the Covid testing and social distancing requirements.

How are the bars and restaurants on the slopes going to cope with table only service!?

I'd say it is highly likely we'll get Covid so pre-plan a week of isolation for your return.

Having said that, can't wait for the skiing, I'm just expecting it to be bedlam and the apres non-existent Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I might be being overly optimistic for you, but given that adults are now not able to test for the PV, and most French and British kids will have been fully jabbed, it might be that the queues for testing aren't that bad?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Timmycb5 no, you have to wait 12 weeks after the 1st jab and she was only offered the 1st one at the start of December.

@NoMapNoCompass it wouldn't be great, but not a disaster if anyone had to isolate on our return, but obviously having to isolate in France for 10 days if she tests positive in resort would be a nightmare.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Morzine Source online posted a very comprehensive update for Morzine Les Gets yesterday. They all have very comprehensive plans already as they were ready at Christmas…
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Newbie72, ah, nightmare, so they fall in that awkward time of being above 12 and 2 months, but not being offered the jab.

I have heard of some walk ins doing 8 weeks, but only anecdotally.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
More pharmacies in morzine? And didn’t someone here write about a company that brings tests to your door?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy