Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'Isère - summer glacier opening

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Pissaillis glacier set to open on June 24th - planned closure August 15th.

Subject to conditions of course...

Ok it's a bit more hassle to get up to the glacier, having to drive up to l'Iseran, but the snow can be better and it's going to be a little more than 20€ per day, rather than 32€ for Tignes ....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PG, assuming reasonable snow conditions, how much skiing will be available?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
no map on line that I can see but it's a pretty small glacier of course. Never skied there in the summer, weather permitting hope to go up on the 24th.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
PG, I had a bit of a day up there in December, and saw the snowmaking they'd put in place. Summer skiing was still shown on the 2000/1 piste map I have, but it's not entirely clear how far down it comes. I think it'd be essentially restricted to Cascade Express(4 blues), Cote3300 (2 greens) and Montets (1 gn, 1bl). I guess there's an outside chance of two lower lifts (1 run each) as well.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
GrahamN, I'll take some photos in June. It means an early start to the day, but it's still quiet then and conditions won't be any better.

Remember the year before last the Les Arcs club preferring to ski there while it was open, the snow staying in better nick for longer because of the aspect.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PG How long to drive that far from Bourg (In a motor home)?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Must be at least another 20 mins from Val d'Isère - (15k or so to the Col?). I'll find out for sure next month.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy