Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Club Med - Favourite resort? Feb half term or Easter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,

Second post alert! I asked about La Ros yesterday, receiving some great and positive replies. This resort is still very much in my favour but I wondered if we had any Club Med veterans with experience in Feb half-term or Easter.... Easter is nudging in to the lead given prices and the potential of queues and busy resorts but open to all suggestions.

Are their better hotels and/or resorts?

Bit of background... family of 5, 2 ad and 17, 15, 13 year olds. Husband has skied twice in his youth and the kids and I never. Plans to learn before the holiday.

Club Med appeals given the facilities outside of the slopes. Easter appeals given the appeal of afternoons in an outside pool, admiring the views. Essentially though I wouldn't want to go at that time if the snow dictates very limited ski time.

Any and all experiences are appreciated.

Thank you!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@laws777 I did comment on your original post. Some extra thoughts for you:

Don't pick an "adults only" resort (Val Thorens/Les Arc 2000) as they aren't set up for teenagers!
Don't pick Samoens - Lovely public spaces BUT the layout of the hotel is horrendous and leads to lift rage!
Make sure the resort is reasonably high if picking Easter - Valmorel is lovely BUT is too low. Would be very good for half term
Pick a resort good for beginners - So Val D'Isere probably isn't a good choice
Not all resorts have the extra facilities you want - but that should be clear on the website.

Although I've not been to all the Club Meds (eg La Ros) - I think you should be OK at:
Peissey-Vallandry Or La Ros Or Valmorel (half term only)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks skitrack, great advice. Peissey-Vallandry was my second favourite hotel.

You've confirmed a lot of my concerns about the others and that really helps to narrow things down.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skitrack wrote:
@laws777 I did comment on your original post. Some extra thoughts for you:

Don't pick an "adults only" resort (Val Thorens/Les Arc 2000) as they aren't set up for teenagers!
Don't pick Samoens - Lovely public spaces BUT the layout of the hotel is horrendous and leads to lift rage!
Make sure the resort is reasonably high if picking Easter - Valmorel is lovely BUT is too low. Would be very good for half term
Pick a resort good for beginners - So Val D'Isere probably isn't a good choice
Not all resorts have the extra facilities you want - but that should be clear on the website.

Although I've not been to all the Club Meds (eg La Ros) - I think you should be OK at:
Peissey-Vallandry Or La Ros Or Valmorel (half term only)

Is the lift problem still relevant during quieter weeks at Samoens eg mid Jan?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Our daughter and two other families stayed at Club Med at Samoens in 2022, I think it was the first year travel was easier, and had a great time. I didn’t hear any complaints about the lifts in the hotel. The children were all much younger than @laws777
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We've 'only' done one Club Med, the older one in Les Arcs and that was over New Year, but it was excellent!! But maybe it is now a grown up one only....?? That was a few years ago now.

I would definitely do another one, although our children are a bit older now, but were around that age. We had lots of little extras.

Breakfast and evening meals were easy.

The staff get the children to their ski lessons, which is great Smile

If you didn't want to necessarily do Club Med I can recommend Esprit, which is chalet based but is excellent in terms of childcare and getting them to their lessons etc.. Plus they look after the children, although that may appeal more to the younger ones.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Astontech, I think @skitrack, refer to the lifts within the hotel, not the ski lifts? I’ve been to Samoens twice and the layout IS ‘quirky’ due to it being built into the terrain, but I never found it a massive issue, once you got used to it. As others suggest, Peisey would be a good option for Easter given easy access to nursery slopes and higher altitude slopes.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
AIUI Club Med is good value if you like the "all in " nature of it from instruction to entertainment. But there are plenty of places with good pools and easy access to ski schools so I guess only you know if your family are natural "joiners in" or not.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
St Moritz one is very nice - bit of a trek to slopes though, but will be much quieter than the french resorts
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Astontech
Yup - The lifts within the hotel are the problem. If your room is too far from the main area you can end up needing to get two lifts and then another to the restaurant. You may get lucky OR you could have a 15 minutes walk back to your room to get those forgotten gloves.

Pick a different Club Med ie not Samoens!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy