Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France - 12-15yrs One Vaccination & Recovery

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, the UK.Gov travel rules have just been updated. Looks like ‘fully vaccinated’ also means one vaccination and a recovery - great!

Problem now is, how do we evidence this? We can’t get NHS letter with code as they aren’t producing them for under 16yrs with one vaccination only. Be interested to see what happens at the borders with those entering France in this situation. I did manage to get a letter/email from daughters doctors surgery detailing vaccination and positive result - hoping this will suffice. Am also hoping a pharmacy in France (assuming we get through the border) will grant us the Pass Sanitare with this evidence.

Be interested in others views/experiences on all this.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think uk.gov is wrong. Just found this updated page from French gov website - https://mobile.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I also think.gov is wrong sadly (I'm in the same position as you).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Doesn’t make sense. Flying into Geneva and getting into France that way would be ok but uk to France by ferry/car not.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Stillhopeful, is it the French entry requirements or the pass sanitaire that is concerning you?

Surely the entry requirements aren't an issue, as your daughter will be an accompanied minor?

There's a link to the pass sanitaire rules as they stand in this thread:

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=158101&highlight=

By my reading is these times, the gov.uk page is right about the current definition of fully vaccinated, but, as discussed in the thread I've liked to above, there are some changes imminent.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well I did think that but on the homepage here: https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coming-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered/#sommaire_5

It says:

IMPORTANT
Any person aged 12 and over entering French territory must present a negative PCR or antigen test less than 24 or 48 hours old, depending on the country of origin.
For unvaccinated minors under 12 years, the vaccine status of their parents or accompanying guardians shall apply.

I guess we will have to wait and see what the news tomorrow brings - not feeling hopeful. Sad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've been buried in the news and various reports for last 24 hours and feel confident that for entering France, our teenagers are fine without having had 2 jabs. If parents are vaccinated, their teenagers travel with them without needing to be double jabbed although they do need to test as do adults.

The worrying part is pass sanitaire. Strictly speaking the pharmacies are not supposed to accept proof of positive test where the test was done outside EU so not supposed to use UK PCR and one jab to give a pass sanitaire for a teenager. There have been reports of this being done but I have contacted a couple of pharmacies directly and no joy yet, this seems to be tightening up. Testing is an option but not one I'm keen on personally. A friend in Morzine over Christmas did this and said it was fine, hardly any queues, but that was after the Brits were prevented from traveling and can't imagine half term testing every day will be much fun. We have accommodation booked in Italy and France, keeping our options open but Italy would mean queuing at the lift pass office every morning to get validated every day, which is not that appealing either. Current best option is borrow the NHS letter of a friend the right age who is double jabbed Shocked Shocked Shocked

Update - OMG think first sentence I wrote here is wrong and over 12s need to be double jabbed if arriving directly in to France from UK. We are flying in to Turin and crossing border so think it's legit to do that (and son has a second passport from an EU country anyway so additional peace of mind) but appreciate no use for anyone arriving directly in to France. I'm losing the will to live. Or rather, losing the will to arrange skiiing. ALthough, this:

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/Travel-France-Are-under-18s-covered-by-parent-s-Covid-vaccine-status

Basically, f** knows
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
susieq78 wrote:
I've been buried in the news and various reports for last 24 hours and feel confident that for entering France, our teenagers are fine without having had 2 jabs. If parents are vaccinated, their teenagers travel with them without needing to be double jabbed although they do need to test as do adults.

The worrying part is pass sanitaire. Strictly speaking the pharmacies are not supposed to accept proof of positive test where the test was done outside EU so not supposed to use UK PCR and one jab to give a pass sanitaire for a teenager. There have been reports of this being done but I have contacted a couple of pharmacies directly and no joy yet, this seems to be tightening up. Testing is an option but not one I'm keen on personally. A friend in Morzine over Christmas did this and said it was fine, hardly any queues, but that was after the Brits were prevented from traveling and can't imagine half term testing every day will be much fun. We have accommodation booked in Italy and France, keeping our options open but Italy would mean queuing at the lift pass office every morning to get validated every day, which is not that appealing either. Current best option is borrow the NHS letter of a friend the right age who is double jabbed Shocked Shocked Shocked

Update - OMG think first sentence I wrote here is wrong and over 12s need to be double jabbed if arriving directly in to France from UK. We are flying in to Turin and crossing border so think it's legit to do that (and son has a second passport from an EU country anyway so additional peace of mind) but appreciate no use for anyone arriving directly in to France. I'm losing the will to live. Or rather, losing the will to arrange skiiing.

Or you could look at Switzerland before there’s a run on Swiss hotels this weekend … queuing up for daily tests and then stressing out about a +ve result is not my idea of a relaxing family ski holiday
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@susieq78,

Unfortunately that article is from last year Eh oh!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@franga, yep I have been considering booking my third hotel option, this time in Switzerland but got overwhelmed choosing location. I think i'll start a new thread for suggestions rather than hijack here. Thank you for the prompt.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just out of interest, what happens for 11 year olds accessing ski lifts? They don't need a pass do they? Do they do checks to check their age?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Stillhopeful, the entry issue is being discussed here:

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4905987#4905987
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
franga wrote:
Or you could look at Switzerland before there’s a run on Swiss hotels this weekend … queuing up for daily tests and then stressing out about a +ve result is not my idea of a relaxing family ski holiday

Yes. I'm in the same boat as suzieq78. Looks like in France resort would cost me 360 euros total to daily tests for two teens. It's a hassle, introduces complexity and risk. It's a big dependancy for each 24 hours to resolve.

I'm likely to switch to Swiss resorts if the France 12-16 yr situ doesn't change for the better for single jabbed.

Les friction for the family. Does = longer travel to and from resort on transfer day but less hassle each day. Testing might be 1.5 hours lost each day, given the expected queues at medical centres and pharmacies.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Me too snowheeeed.

Does anyone know if transit through France to Switzerland (ie Le Shuttle) for single vaxxed teens is also impossible? I guess it is but like anything, hard to find exact confirmation anywhere.

I wish the Daily Fail (Mail) would pick this story up and make a bit of a fuss!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Crystal Ski are in the process of clarifying these and other questions for France (a fair chunk of their customers are teens) and they hope to be able to publish a definitive update later today and certainly before their French holidays start on Jan 22nd.
I suggest keeping an eye on their website.
snow report
kcr83 wrote:
Me too snowheeeed.

Does anyone know if transit through France to Switzerland (ie Le Shuttle) for single vaxxed teens is also impossible? I guess it is but like anything, hard to find exact confirmation anywhere.

I wish the Daily Fail (Mail) would pick this story up and make a bit of a fuss!

I believe from Forum and website sources that entry to France is fine. It's the lifts and restraunts that require double vax for teens and the single vax + recovery seems to be approved and QR code generating for lifts and restraunts if the local pharmacists will hook you up with the QR code after you pay them upwards of 30 euros (up to local intepretation by pharmacists) .
snow conditions
Based on the fact that there's complete ambiguity about single jabbed 12+ kids being able to cross the border, then having to get them tested every 24 hours (and being on the knife edge about an asymptomatic positive result), or them catching Covid and me not being able to convince a pharmacie to grant me a passe sanitaire I've just cancelled the French appartment in Tignes I'd booked for Feb HT. We drive and so DIY the hol - hadn't really booked much in anticipation of a nightmare.

So relieved and feel much more in the driving seat. Can't be bothered with other countries who could change rules at the drop of a hat. When France dicked us pre-Christmas I also booked an appt in Tignes for the first week of the school Easter hols. Both kids will be double jabbed by then. If they happen to catch Covid in between I'm not going to report it, keep them isolated and get their 2nd jab in before going away (if not already done). So many kids would have had a jab and Covid at the same time without realising it already so I can't see the problem.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy