Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Finding groups to join (resources)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey there,

Me and my fiancé are hoping to get away end of Feb/March. Like most people we would like to keep cost to a minimum and have looked at maybe going a group, whether that be with a group organising a trip or last minute availability on a trip to fill available spots.

Although Snowheads is great, I was wondering if there were any other places to find people who need to fill a chalet for example? Possibly Facebook groups or other websites.

We’d love to meet other people to ski with.

Any help appreciated.

Matt & Danielle.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Facebook is probably your best shout if you're looking for something that's not done by a tour operator.
Alternatively, as part of a "survive lockdown project" I built an aggregator of organised open group trips. www.snowcalling.com it's not perfect but might help on your search.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, website looks great and seems helpful.

Any idea of any Facebook groups? I’ve tried to search but I’m probably not wording it right.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is a group called "Facebook Ski Club"

End of Feb/March is peak season (school holidays). Unless you are restricted to that time things are cheaper outside the window.

Here is a thread on school holidays: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=149291

Not sure you need to go in a group to keep costs down. Really depends how you are doing it. Cheap flights, shared transfer and a hotel room can be done as easily for 2 as for more I would have thought.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not restricted to half term, in fact I’d like to actively avoid those dates.

Just looking for the cheapest option really. Would you suggest just DIY? Sort flights, accom, pass etc individually. I guess something like Booking.com is the way to go then.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@MattMtb, With Covid/Brexit catered chalet holidays have taken a big hit. Before I had kids 16+ years ago last minute TO CC deals in the off season was a great way to go. I think there is still some around but others can probably comment better than I.

There is always a lot of discussion on DIY v TO on here. It really horses for courses. If you are the sort of person who doesn't stress about travel arrangements or more importantly when they occasionally go a bit awry then you'd be fine. There are some extra's to consider to a normal holiday. Lift passes are easy enough to buy online or in person at the office in resort. Then there are maybe ski lessons and equipment hire. Still all very doable but of course a TO can be a one stop shop and do all the leg work for you but arguably with a loss of control on your part.

If you go the DIY flight + accom route. then the flight is the first thing to get sorted. Some people on here track the release date and get up early so they can bag the cheapest flights possible, then sort out the accommodation (resort tourist information can be a help otherwise your normal way of booking hotels), then the transfer. There are threads on here about different transfer companies.

If you live in the south train is an option. Driving is an option but optimal if the vehicle is at capacity and set up for going to the Alps in winter.

Self catering again is optimal if you fill the beds and don't mind cooking.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Many Austrian hotels used to do package offers (accommodation plus ski pass) on some late season off-peak weeks. Worth a look for them if doing DIY.
You can also buy your lift pass at the hotel reception in some of them which would reduce time spent at the lift ticket office.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy